ITT: Tech that was really outstanding for its time

ITT: Tech that was really outstanding for its time.

I'll start. The i5 2500k came out in 2011 and is still useful today, 5 years later.

More so, the Phenom II X6 came out in 2009 and whilst it bottlenecks, it still performs quite well considering its age.

The GTX480, whilst it had it's flaws (housefire meme etc) it holds up pretty well considering its 6 years old.

The 5870 is another GPU that held up quite well.

Please feel free to add your own examples.

The Core 2 Quad Q6600

The i5 2500k was pretty kickass.

The R9 290

My i5 750 is much more impressive. Not only is it still useful, although I don't use it but that's beside the point, but it also was the first Intel consumer CPU to completely kill the northbridge and integrate PCI-E into the CPU.

>5870
THE 5870!
It's an impressive GPU even today. It's only held back by the 1GB VRAM

Blackberries were great. Those physical keyboards were a huge boon to messaging on the go. Total game changer from the likes of T9.

Oh T9! The nostalgia!

8800GT

>mfw literally bought an i5-2500 (not unlocked) last year for my current build and it worked (and still works) great

RIVA TNT2

The second generation i5/i7s (Sandy Bridge) were pretty good.

My Radeon HD 7950 is holding up good.

tfw i'm still using a 2008 xeon

AKG K340
Headphone that came out almost 40 years ago and still sounds as good as any mid range headphone nowadays.

My Radeon HD4850 played the best new games at High when it came out and continued playing new games at Medium-ish settings despite costing me like $75 until like 2012-2013. That's like, 6ish years of good settings out of a video card.

Similarly, my Q9550 has yet to bottleneck my system and it's been going since 2009. 7 years out of a processor.

>ubuntu 8.04

Old meme is old.

Last year I bought a temporary PC for about 50$ in Japan so that I could play CS and I was stunned at how well this CPU still performs today.

Still running the 2500k. I can't see me upgrading for at least a couple more years.

Haha no, get the fuck out of here with this refurbished 7xxx house fire meme card.

Oh and OP:

- 8800GT obviously. I think it's literally most known card since 00s

- Intel Celeron.
-

Core2duo.

Q9550 gets MAJOR stutters in grand theft auto V, by the way. Lowest settings possible, will still stutter and sit at 100% usage. Sorry mate, it's time for an upgrade soon.

By the way, upgraded to i5 4570 after my motherboard shit itself, pretty comfy now

That's probably a RAM thing. I know GTAV will stutter a lot if it doesn't have enough RAM.

I remember people shelling out a grand for that to see "how well a 8800GT can run Bioshock"

Still love my 2500k and waiting for a improvement that made the same strides as Sandy bridge made.

I paired my old Radeon 6850 with a G3258 and it holds up surprisingly well. I can play Street Fighter V on it and it stays at a constant 60 FPS.

I'm still amazed how well my i7 920 works. Games run decently well considering its a 1st gen CPU.