Why does Sup Forums hate iOS?

Why does Sup Forums hate iOS?

Most people here never used it. Or only used it in older versions.

Sup Forums is full of poor neets who can't afford a iPhone

>trip on /fit/
>posts on Sup Forums
100% dyel confirmed.

What is a kekold

Post body

Children forcing my taste > your taste.

There is really no reason to hate it. Its pretty good, but simply because its different from Android people here will never admit it.

I don't think they hate it. They just prefer Android because of it's privacy and theoretically infinite customization options via rooting/ricing/hacking/whatever they're calling it.

That's not true

Underage confirmed

I... I want that pape.

For reasons.

self-delivered.

what phone would Maki use

>fisher price oppeal
>simplistic
>convienant

If you wanna do anything else get an actual tablet/laptop.

Do you have it in lower resolution?
Also
>iFunny
Bad bait

iPhone
The new tiny one
Like the slut she is

delet this

this. plus the affordability (not in a poorfag sense) of not paying for a phone twice over and still not owning it outright.

No customizability, ugly, and clunky.

I'd rather have access to my filesystem and removable storage than not.

People here dont give too much value to quality applications, smooth and lagfree experience, consistent looking interface, proper software support, build quality and this sort of thing. They rather change play with widgets and icon packs like a child.

I've gone back and forth. Ive had 3 or 4 iPhones including last years, and same number of androids including nexuses (nexii?) iPhones are good social tools, outstanding camera, snapchat is not a fucking mess on iOS. And iMessage.

But, android is way more customizable. Android is not locked down. Android has file managers. Android is freedom. My choice is freedom.

This.

Also, pure autism of needing toconstantly download new roms, lanchers, keyboards, icon packs, and have as many apps that do the same thing, but do it so poorly that you cant have just one.

>4 email programs
>6 keybaords
>14 launchers
>reflash rom ever 3 weeks

Wooo, so much fun being able to have freeodm and customization's!!!!

this

fuck having a phone that works. i want a phone I have to constantly fiddle with to make it fucnction!

But I don't

I use linux on my PC as well as my phone is why.

I have been on iOS forever. I just bought a new ipad & I'm seriously thinking of sending it back. It's beautiful, light, fast, etc. BUT it's running 9.3.1 which isn't jailbroken, which means I don't get Adblock or torrent. Those are very nearly dealbreakers for such an expensive computer.

iOS is for gays and teenage girls obsessed with snapchat

why the fuck did it take so long for someone to say this

this is the reason

Webm

>manual ISO
>manual shutter speed
>manual aperture
>AWB, f-stop, modes, everything like a dslr

Eat that, iPhone fags. Your camera is only as good as your jailbroken shills

>for reasons
Hello r eddit

why the fuck should i even own a phone?
pic related

Basically botnet?

I just prefer Android desu.

This is coming from someone with a Macbook Pro

Android phones work. What you mentioned are merely options. It seems like maintenence is autism to you.

Oh you were so close

iOS is an overgrown Motorola Razr from 2004: a tolerable *nix sandboxed so hard you can't multitask or see the filesystem, or set arbitrary audio files as ringtones, or transfer files to/from a PC without a special vendor application.

Android, by contrast, is growing into a somewhat respectable Linux distribution even without root.
>terminal environment with apt/dpkg: Termux
>SSH clients: Connectbot family, JuiceSSH
>file managers: Ghost Commander, FAR, OI
>Clover
>good botnet-free browsers: Firefox, F-Droid builds of Lightning
>VLC works really god damn well for media playback
>networking tools like port scanners, MTR, etc.
>MS Orifice and photo editors for people who bash desktop Linux for the lack thereof
>tiling window management coming in Nougat (hopefully Android O has floating, or at least four way tiliing)

Really the only problem is the Google botnet, and that's minimizable on proper ROMs, or you can go Blackphone/Copperhead OS/Replicant and completely axe it.

because if you brainlessly hate on apple that makes you a 1337 h4ck3r

but you can change those settings, just use VSCO

Having a SD card is pretty nice.

This

and this

The people who actually used it, can afford an iPhone and don't like iOS is pretty small, the amount of people who can afford, used and actually hate an operation system even smaller.

Have fun adjusting the shit when you have a moment to take a picture.

>or transfer files to/from a PC without a special vendor application
Sounds like a security problem. Where are the benefits?

Also why the fuck would one want to do all the things on a phone? Any shittier laptop is much better for that.

>b-but it's a security problem
You are one dense motherfucker. It's just standard file management. Browser downloads, FTP/SFTP clients, read/write access to SMB/CIFS shares, etc. It's literally just like any other machine on the network with ad blocking, and you don't get viruses unless you install a bunch of shady shit from the Play Store with obviously pooinloo-engrish names.

The delusion that most of g can't afford an iPhone is one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen on g.

A friendly reminder that, there is indeed, troupes of app fags here.

If you're using this thread to decide on which should you choose, or whether to replace your Nexus 4 with a 6plus, then your are retarded.

Read some articles and reviews on gsmarena, they're are objectively the best place to compare and read on phones you're interested in.

>Have fun adjusting the shit when you have a moment to take a picture.
>Admitting Iphone camera really sucks
>Admitting defeat

Iphone's cameras are only good for selfies, starbuck hippies, foodies who takes photos of things that go "inside".
They should also take photos of things that go outside their anus. Fucking hipsters

I don't hate it, I just much prefer Android.

Btw I don't like iOS because it's hard to do basic shit like media redistribution and intents.

You'll probably end up buying more apple products because it "seems convenient" to have the ecosystem.

Not saying that apple on a whole is a scam, but that you should read up on shit in sites other than g that doesn't have Mac or apple in the title.

>Also why the fuck would one want to do all the things on a phone? Any shittier laptop is much better for that.

So we don't have to carry two things when one works good enough. Same reason we have cameras in phones.

Why do you want a crippled phone?

And all of the shit increases your security risks. Obviously it's something one has to deal with when using an actual PC but there is no reason to turn phones into insecure mess.

The amount of threads about cheap chinkshit, chinkpads and cheap phones seems like a sound indicator, add that people here spend their time on a Vietnamese hook up platform, it's given that most indeed can't afford one.

How did it indicate that it is? It's a solution for fast pictures, as any phone camera is. Just because you can adjust all the shit on some Android camera, doesn't mean the pictures will be noticeable better, since we still talk about ... you know ... phone cameras.

>when one works good enough
Because that's not the case. Screen size and keyboard alone disqualify the shit and this is even before you get to the UI and software support. Comparing the Office app with the real deal shows a solid lack of understanding about both.

>filesystem access is a security problem
>i-it's not like I want to control my system or anything you baka
iCucks, everyone.

Continue with this delusion that the majority of people here can't afford an iPhone, it's at the cost of your mental health, not mine.

Literal hood rats can afford iPhones.

Everyone here knows the best yters and sites to gain knowledge on phones.

And only newfags fall for your shitty b8.

People here don't want to say that iOS is shot, but shills like you force our hands.

I like it better than Android
The only complaint I have is no SD card, but some Android phones have that problem (like the OnePlus)

i have an android phone

but all that is just Sup Forums autism

i use
1 email app
1 keyboard
1 launcher

iOS forces users to install only Apple-approved applications. On Android, Google doesn't have a choice if you want to install an unsigned APK. A few of the applications on my device aren't available in the Play Store either because they conflict with Google's bottom line (Newpipe, PVStar+, Ad Away), or because they use copyrighted/trademarked characters without the permission of the intellectual property owner (Pokemon Showdown).

To install any application you want with reckless abandon on iOS, you need to jailbreak the device, which necessarily implies making use of a security hole in the operating system, and not patching it -- thus making it possible for others to compromise your phone. By comparison, if one wants to have root access on Android, there are ways of obtaining root access through an unlocked bootloader, which do not require foregoing security updates. That is, a rooted Android phone can be as secure as an un-rooted Android phone.

The way I see it, people are using smartphones and tablets for many of the same things we use computers for. Not just phone calls and text messages, but web browsing, management of media files (pictures, movies, music), and sometimes even work (Office suites are available for both iOS and Android). If we're going to be letting these devices replace our laptops and desktops, we should expect to have the exact same level of freedom on them, if not more. On Windows and Linux, I have full administrative permissions over the entire computer. I can change out the operating system, delete or modify system files if I feel like it, completely screw with the user interface, etc... There is no approved use of my operating system.

Android, really, is just like the Desktop Windows or Desktop Linux of the mobile world.

>I live in 2008

I shills, are so pathetic.

After taking a few months break I can't believe o come back to this shit.

You can sideload any XCode app you want on iPhones.

i've used iphones and android phones.

on average android is cheaper and I see no need to overpay for a phone

an iPhone.

>Because that's not the case.

See that's for me to decide, not you. I'm the one who needs eg file managers for my torrents.

i think hate is to strong but most peopel ( at least i know) preffer android for the linux relationship

I honestly don't care if Sup Forums cares that I have an iPhone or not. I need the iPhone for work and thats all that matters

Allowing you unnecessary control, allows it to everybody else too. I don't see why you're struggling to get such a simple concept.

I don't see how the poverty of Sup Forums users has any impact on me or my mental health, user. I don't see why you want to deny that most Sup Forums users are poor either.

> That is, a rooted Android phone can be as secure as an un-rooted Android phone.
Because the average Android phone gets any updates ... oh wait.

> If we're going to be letting these devices replace our laptops and desktops
user, slow the fuck down. Nobody wants to do that. Sup Forums went full autism when Tim Cuck suggested that an iPad can replace a desktop, now you're suggesting that shitty phones could replace laptops and desktops?

Nothing wrong with that, just your needs are quite a niche; and it'd be silly to compromise on the security of everybody else for that.

secretly unveiled maki thread

Why can't I assume that you're some poor faggot kid on his parent's family plan?

ISIS prefers Android.

so hardcore

We don't need iOS anymore because MIUI exists.

But user, you can! W-will your assumption resurrect my parents too?

kill yourself

make me.

photographers must hate iphones

>logical fallacies everywhere

Schopenhauer pls Root this guy already!

I wonder which autistic appfag you are itt

I don't hate iOS. I think it's an okay OS for someone who isn't that tech saavy and wants their device to Just Work™. You just don't belong on Sup Forums, just like someone who wants a simple A-to-B econobox or likes the Toyota Prius doesn't really belong on /o/.

See pic related.

I used to own an iPhone btw.

Le "I say one thing but do the opposite" man

MIUI??
no1 heard about that thing man, its dead

I don't know why applefags here can't understand this.

Like I said earlier, nobody would be pointing the finger at them if they didn't try to overstep the boundaries of the OS/phone .

But there's no logical reason why some one on Sup Forums, who's supposed to know at least 3/4 languages and transfer data between machines of all OSes seamlessly, while trying their best to not use a computer for simple tasks, would want an iPhone over an Android.

There just isn't.

android has a list of problems too

well, that is a good point
when you start understanding how things work, you wanna play around with what you have

Not when you actually have responsibilities. I loved to mess around with my desktop and laptops, trying different distrus, spending hours customizing my lagdroid and whatever else ... but at some point you want to get shit done instead of playing babysitter for your hardware.

>Nothing wrong with that, just your needs are quite a niche; and it'd be silly to compromise on the security of everybody else for that.

Here's the thing - you can already sideload a torrent app. Ie install it on a stock iPhone by signing up for a developer account etc etc. It's not compromising anything to ask for file access. I actually wouldn't mind a locked off area away from the OS so I can just move my stuff around.

So why are you still coming here? Your interests/lifestyle has changed. You've effectively outgrown this place.

>Mess around.

Yeah, the last time I did this I was 15.

I don't know anybody my age and up that do this.

>Here's the thing - you can already sideload a torrent app. Ie install it on a stock iPhone by signing up for a developer account etc etc
Which makes sure that the person knows what they're doing and has a secure access to both; besides the functionality is meant for devs.

>I actually wouldn't mind a locked off area away from the OS so I can just move my stuff around.
That would go against the entire idea of iOS though; and changing that for few niche cases seems pointless.

You can still have interest in things without actively indulging into it. I don't play football anymore either, why should it stop me from reading about/watching the games?

This. The main argument I hear from Sup Forums is that Android is more "customizable" or gives them more "advanced" features, or that they enjoy the openness to "tinker" with it.

What that usually translates to is wasting time to make your phone look a certain way - making it infinitely less usable in the process and making Android somehow even less consistent in terms of design than it already is.

On top of that, despite this being Sup Forums, no one talks about how Android is built on fucking Java. Yes it's portable, but no one really thinks an application running on top of a JVM is going to have better performance than an application written in Objective-C or Swift with no VM. Sure Java runs on everything but I don't give a shit, I want a nice phone. Keep Android for cheap/emerging market devices. Wish Google would start from the ground up with a mobile OS written in Go.

I don't want my smartphone getting in the way of my life or my work. I use whatever causes the fewest problems.

I don't approve of anime wallpapers but thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

Because for far too long we couldn't have moe backgrounds. Clearly this has changed and made iOS usable.

>That would go against the entire idea of iOS though; and changing that for few niche cases seems pointless.

Well they'll have to handle productive uses one day, or Google/Microsoft will eventually eat their lunch. That means a real grown up file system like everyone else, not a shiny pencil. They're probably gambling tablets will always be toys.

its obvious that you dont know anything, just think you know some shit by changing the background , thats why you play the old and responsible man ...

adblock is on ios. and you should pay for things.

An Android phone is a toolbox. The possibilities are endless and there is a large developer community producing freely and cheaply available utilities to do a ton of tasks. Another user went into this in more depth.

An iPhone is an appliance for making calls, sending texts and installing the occasional overpriced app (which the developer will drop support for and make you buy again within a year). Not only that but it's made by a company that's known for making devices that are intuitive to use, but some simple tasks like transferring files from a non-iTune-synced PC or viewing a webm are a complete pain in the ass and require ridiculous workarounds or for you to spend even more money.

I'm "tech saavy," but I also just want my device to work. My phone is just something I don't think I should need to tinker with at all.

Kill

Your

Self

You ignorant piece of shit appshill

G will forever hate your devious way of shilling.

Agreed. You shouldn't need to tinker with any device to get it working at a basic level. The difference is Android puts many less roadblocks in your way if you do decide you want to do more with the $700 device you're paying for (not leasing).

well ... let me remind you that android uses linux kernel ... whats that??? C maybe ...

>They're probably gambling tablets will always be toys.
Perhaps not toys but tablets are unlikely to overtake laptops for productivity tasks, these need a keyboard for everything beyond drawing and all of the current solutions are lacking.

The unsung hero. Why aren't more people like this?

Yes, and the jvm is written in C, so android doesn't use java at all.