Howdy, Sup Forums. I'm on a tight budget and I can only buy a motherboard and a processor and a RAM

Howdy, Sup Forums. I'm on a tight budget and I can only buy a motherboard and a processor and a RAM.

Which AMD APU would you recommend? I do basic stuff (mostly programming but I'd like to venture into OpenGL, but I don't want to have limitations in terms of graphics.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AMD-A6-5400K-Dual-Core-Processor-AD540KOKHJBOX/dp/B0095VPBFY/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469329315&sr=1-7&keywords=amd
pcpartpicker.com/list/9R8dm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

take a poo to the loo

Harsh.

Whats your buget?

I built a gaming computer for my girlfriend with an A10 APU and she hasn't complained, which means it's probably good enough

I know a A10 + Mobo bundle is around $160 at Microcenter adding around 8gb ram youll get something hitting $200 before tax

Before you go building yourself a crappy system check craigslist. Plenty of full up 3rd to 5th Gen i5/i7 systems that can be acquired for cheap. Probably cheaper than your proposed build and much better performance. Just make sure to turn it on, and get into the BIOS to make sure things work.

Then take it apart, clean up the dust, put some new thermal compound, clean up any wiring and your good to go. I have acquired my last 3 or 4 PC's this way and I have never spent more than $300.

Pic related, the only thing I bought for this system was the GTX 1070. Everything else was had for $140 total.

Get the cheapest + best i3 you can get instead

>2016
>2 core
go for a cheap fx 6300 it will do the job

>no dedicated GPU build
>not going intel

????
Have you not used intel hd graphics before?

In this context, 2 Intel cores > 6 AMD cores
Plus the Intel CPU will have an inbuilt graphics sufficient for his needs. Does that FX even have one?

Stop recommending anything that's an AMD CPU. I love them AMD too, but damn nigga.

That's why I ask for an APU negro

pick up a used 2600K
my 2600K doesn't even bottleneck a GTX 1080/

guys with 6700K i7s are scoring with 2% of my setup in benchmarks.

Yes, look around for good deals on a Pentium or i3 (let's say Haswell and later)
You'll have more than enough $$ for the motherboard and RAM. Later on, if you get some extra money, you can add a low or mid-range video card

Or do what the poster above me said

Sorry, I was looking for something new from AMD.

>AMD
>Budget
not when they force you to buy a new PSU/Mobo after frying your current ones

Intel doesn't drop in price here as fast as in the US of A, that's why I want AMD.

amazon.com/AMD-A6-5400K-Dual-Core-Processor-AD540KOKHJBOX/dp/B0095VPBFY/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469329315&sr=1-7&keywords=amd

Does it have integrated graphics?

>Intel doesn't drop in price here as fast as in the US of A, that's why I want AMD.

user, I'm sure there are 3 (or even 4) year old Intel CPUs that have good prices by now

Those CPUs still cleanly beat AMDs current offerings, bang for your buck

You don't have to replace thermal compound if your computer isn't high on the heat.
I recently dismounted a heatsink from my old i5 750 where it had been sitting for years to mount the cooler on something else and the thermal compound was still sticky and "wet" like brand new.

Was some Arctic Ceramique thermal paste.

Probably because it was very good paste.

Nigga get an i5 3470 for like 100 bucks, motherboard is like 50, RAM is dirt cheap like 30-40, and PSU and case ars literally thrown out sometimes.
You can throw in any GPU like a HD 7950, which can be bought for under 100.

Dont settle for an APU system, they are ass mane.

Fucking intel shills ITT

>I'm buying AMD
>oy vey shut it down!

Yea but there is no point in automatically assuming whatever paste the computer has is shit.

3rd gen i3 is more expensive than an A6-7400K

this.

Buying new is so over rated.

Only parts i absolutely buy new is motherboards, ram, ssd,s and gpu's because that shit wears out

>
>this.
>Buying new is so over rated.
>Only parts i absolutely buy new is motherboards, ram, ssd,s and gpu's because that shit wears out

So, you only buy used processors? And new is over rated?

But most, or a lot of the time it is.

Basically yeah but thats just my personal experience.

At least new parts have warranty

if op was looking at a couple of hundred for a complete system that works fine go for it.

Basically any modern i5 quadcore with + 8gb of system ram is better than nothing and its a really good base

There is nothing wrong with older used CPUs. They never have any problems most of the time, they aren't really sensitive like hard drives.

That feel when I bought a new motherboard that didn't have a warranty

I was pissed lads

Lel what shitty country?

And you can tell by the temperatures. Which makes preemptive replacement of paste a meaningless endeavor.

USA and it was from gigabyte

Doesn't really hurt man, not saying that you should change it all the time either.
It personally depends on what you want mane.

Yea, I'm not implying it would hurt. I just think you'd be wasting your time.

logical increments

DO NOT

GET

A FUCKING

APU

They're shit.

Best bang-for-buck build:

>2nd/3rd gen i5
>Radeon HD 76xx/86xx or higher, Nvidia Geforce750ti or higher
>8Gigs of RAM
>Cheap mobo, HDD, etc
>OPTIONAL: a cheap 128GB SSD for OS install

OP here, really folks, I don't give two shits about Intel, I was clearly asking about AMD. What's good on APUs? Some A6 would be fine. Intel DOES NOT drop in price in my country as fast as in the US. For example, i5 3rd gen is along the same price as a brand new A10-7800k

Okay, how much cheaper?

The cheapest 3rd gen i3 (i3-2310) is faster than that CPU by 25% single / 60% multi. Also has a 3MB L3 cache and slightly lower TDP.

So, compare the price/perf then decide

Yea possibly.

>I don't give two shits about Intel
In that case, if you really want AMD, then just buy the best APU for your current budget, there isn't much to discuss

>3rd gen i3
>Geforce 750ti / Radeon R7 370 (4 GiB)
>128GiB SSD
>8GiB RAM

Enjoy your beast.

Change i3 for an FX 8350.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9R8dm8

Intel i3-6100

Then use google and stop making AMD marketing threads.