Has anyone out there actually develop an app that runs on both Android and IOS platforms with Xamarin?

Has anyone out there actually develop an app that runs on both Android and IOS platforms with Xamarin?

Other urls found in this thread:

xamarin.com/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

developed*

I tried to develop one. It reminds me of using LibGDX.

It easy to programs and the app is fast. The drawbacks are you will stuck developing in commercial OS (MacOS and Windows) and there is no way you can use your favorite text editor to code.

Interesting, I wondering if I want to use Xamarin or run a hackintosh in a virtual machine to use Xcode. Haven't considered other cross mobile platform app development options though.

You cannot use XCode afaik. It has own dedicated IDE for MacOS named XamarinStudio.

IK, that's why I would run OSX in a virtual machine.

Is nice for cross platform mobile shit, I just wrote a post-quantum cryptography app that uses NTRU algorithm. Ability to write apps completely in F# is also nice!

I tried that but I couldn't get my vm to work as a xamarin build server, it just kept shitting itself. I really don't want to buy apple shit just to use xamarin. Let me know if you have any luck??

I think you can get Xamarin tools and developer kit for visual studios. Haven't used it though.

You do not need Apple to develop Xamarin. It is the same like all cases. You will only need Xamarin in case you want to deploy into their platform.

wait, isn't Xcode =/= XamarinStudios?

It is different.
At some time in the past before MS took over.
It has XamarinStudio for both MacOS and Windows.

And now since MS bought Xamarin, there is no XamarinStudio anymore for Windows. So all need to be done in the VisualStudio.

The bad is that installing VisualStudio with Xamarin takes long time and it needs good internet connection. Sometimes if the dependencies is not meet you need to download other dependencies. And then the new dependencies will ask to download another one.

Is there XamarinStudios for OSX anymore (that's unaffiliated with c#)? To my understanding there's just Xcode for OSX and that's just for ios app development and Objective-C and Swift development.

Yeah but stay away from using visual studio with xamarin, it's totally buggy. 2013 works okay but 2015 is a nightmare. Just download the wangblows version of xamarin studio, it's a much smoother experience. Have yet to try osx vm with xamarin studio, hopefully it will connect because visual studio didn't...

It's bad enough I have to pay them $100 a year just to deploy to app store, I don't want to waste more money on locked down apple products.

There is still xamarin studio for windows? I'm using it right now and it just finished updating itself...

this thread inspired me to finally uninstall Xamarin and VisualStudios2015, I'm sick of waiting 15 minutes for a buggy IDE to load for stuff I don't even need.

I am interested more in XamarinStudio.

When did you download it?
Can you give the link user?

The one in the official website says that you downloaded a XamarinStudio but it is just a plug in for VS.

Cannot find any better alternative than Xamarin unfortunately.

Cross platform and native performance. Tell me, I would also ditch Xamarin for anything that is not using VisualStudio.

I downloaded it about 2 months ago, got a link and student license from microshaft dreamspark...

Maybe try this:
xamarin.com/download
Just don't click the visual studio link?

I will get visual studios 2013

lel nice mug.

Two months ago it was still work user. But right now every download link goes to download VS + Xamarin plugin. Unless you are using MacOS then it goes to download XamStudio.

Dang, that sucks. Hopefully the vs2015 bugs get ironed out because xamarin is the only real cross platform framework at the moment...