Tell me why I shouldn't buy this keyboard Sup Forums

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this keyboard Sup Forums.

I type a lot but I hate cherry switches, buckling springs, and rubber domes. I normally type on a scissor switch keyboard because it takes the least amount of energy to type on (it's the only keyboard I can type for 18+ hours on without feeling strained).

>click clack click clack
not.... even..... once.

Be a man and buy a Das Keyboard ultimate with blank caps and blue switches.

>paying hundreds of dollars for a rubber dome

Just buy a Dell Quietkey NMB slider over dome and you can get Topre at a traction of the cost

Bought one in the past. Uses cherry switches :(

Why would I tell you not to? I'm typing on one right now!
I own three cherry-based boards, but my daily driver is a Realforce.

Real men use greens

Because its placebo, an expensive placebo

Pic related is where all cherry switches belong.

Topre Switches are really nice.
The problem is the availability and price.

I have a Realforce 87U with 55g weighted keys. It was expensive as fuck, and a huge gamble since you can't demo the units or get a test board.

Most Topre fans don't like to call Topres "rubber domes" because they feel as different to cheap rubber domes as Cherry Blacks do to rubber domes. But they are rubber domes nonetheless, but likely the best feeling rubber domes that money can buy.

If your concern is about fatigue/strain, I'm not sure what to tell you. I actually have much less fatigue while using this keyboard compared to my old cheap rubber dome, which seems odd because of the 55g weighting. I also have a Varmilo VA87M with Cherry Black keys and that keyboard doesn't give me any fatigue either. I think that for me personally, fatigue is just a problem with cheap shitty keyboards. I even developed a cramp in the middle of my hand a couple years ago, and that went away ever since I switched to the Realforce.

i have a realforce 87u 55g and i'm fuckin loving it

if you get strained from typing on stiffer switches then consider the variable force things

>Not buying a Razer with blue switches just so that everyone in your CS clan's teamspeak can hear it

>Razer
Cheaply made trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

I have never owned a Razer product that didn't fail in under a year.

The only devices that make an argument for them as a serious product maker are the Deathadder and the Diamondback.

But again, had those fail on me pretty quick. Razer's garbage.

>Cherry MX Red or Speed
There you go.

>Cherry switches
But

These are linear switches with low actuation force, so you shouldn't have problems with them.

Yeah but they feel like pure shit when you bottom out, even if you add o-rings. Don't ask me to train my hands to not bottom out, that's like saying a shitty floorboard that makes noise when I walk on it is my fault because I should walk more gently.

Enjoy your shitty scissor switches then.

Those are actually fine compared to the misery of bottoming out with cherries. Really.

They feel fine to me. I don't like bottoming out rubber domes though.

Agreed. Bottoming out on a rubber domed keyboard is the worst, they get progressively worse as you type on the keyboard after a couple of weeks. They sometimes get so bad that there's a small hitch followed by a pop of the key getting stuck and dislodged (happens increasingly more slowly because of the worn down rubber down).

I bought a topre for similar reasons OP and it might be a meme switch but I quite like it. I can't ever go back to gritty ass cherry and it's finger shattering bottom outs anymore.

Meant to say "worn down rubber dome".

I use Cherry MX Black switches, and I can smash on them pretty hard, and the springs make it feel nice to my fingers. Trying to use scissor switches is like punching concrete though. I have trouble lasting with them for 2 minutes when I'm pressing really hard on keys. Oh, and my mechanical keyboard has profiled rows of keys, so I barely have to move my fingers when I type.

>Scissor switch like concrete
Maybe you should type less angrily? It's never a rough type for me.

I've had them side-by-side and cherries just feel terrible when bottoming out, even when compared to a scissor switch. I would take almost anything over that experience:

I don't use force when typing, but it's the closet thing to bottoming out that I do.

buy whatever the fuck you want faggot stop looking to a bunch of retards on a social networking site to sway your decisions

Bretty gud opinion.

>y-you shouldn't type for 18+ hours

I do though. Regularly. Almost every day.

My cousin has two topres, realforce with numpad and one without. The big one has a completely different feel to it, keys weighed differently and it even might sound different. It actually sucks in comparison to the small one which I also have.

Because USB is trash, use PS/2.

Living the dream?

Nah, not Sup Forums. Just work and a lot of essays.