Should I upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

Should I upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

>from windows 8.
It's not like it gets worse

Yes

sure

>upgrade

It does. Say goodbye to the control panel and welcome the new Settings touch app. Oh wait, you still need the old control panel. Hmm... Where will it be the setting you're looking for?

Will I lose any of my files?

Yes. There is no reason to not do so.

It's dangerous for your privacy to use Microsoft products

You're already using 8.1, you'd be a fucking retard to not upgrade to 10.

It's a refined version of 8. You're like one of those morons who thought Vista was better than 7, despite 7 being a refined version of Vista.

>have a relatively fresh install of win7
>had to manually put USB drivers onto MoBo but it all works now
>deadline approaching

should I just upgrade and then revert, I hear that keeps the license written to your motherboard so you don't have to pay up in future.

Don't touch it at all.

Won't do it after all.

8 =/= 8.1 you fucking mongloid

get cancer and die slowly

Yesss OP! Do it! DO IT!!!

: ^ )

Does my desktop change or my files move?

Kill yourself.

FTFY

Your desktop will be changed with full screen adds. Your files will be copied to Microsoft servers but remain available locally.

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to windows 7

>keeps the license written to your mobo
What?

>tfw just 5 more days of shilling and then Pajeet finally goes on vacation

Yes. In 2016 your OS can (and will) modify data on your mobo. Clean installs don't exist anymore. Did you know Windows pulls executables from your mobo's flash memory and runs them as administrator? : )

I'm not going to bother because I'm updating my components in the fall and Microsoft will refuse to renew your license if you change motherboard and CPU. I do have an unused Win7 license a friend gave me though, so I'll actually be able to legit activate for once in my life.

no, don't do it. 8.1 is currently the best windows there is.

Then Windows 10 becomes paid and Pajeet gets a cut on each copy he manages to sell, so I'd expect increased shilling if anything.

Go for it and make sure to go to reddit with the other tech illiterate meme lords and never come back here,

Yes or use 7. One of the other

upgrade and then clean install
or stay on 8.1 it's the same windowns experience