Need a new monitor

What's the best monitor I can find for £200. What would you buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/VSR.aspx
amazon.co.uk/AOC-Q2577PWQ-inch-Monitor-AH-IPS/dp/B00WK39NXK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the best monitor at that price is prob a dell ultrasharp

At around 200£, in the UK:

1. a 24" IPS 1440p monitor like the P2416D or VX24AH

2. 144hz TN Freesync monitor like the Iiyama GB2488HSU-B2 which should beat the 200£ AOC / Acer equivalents

>24" IPS 1440p
would 1440p on a 24'' make the text a bit too small?

I use two 25" 1440p
I wouldnt want to go smaller, but I guess 24" probably wouldnt be unusable, it would be a bit sharper than you'd prefer however, depending on seating distance.

You could up the Windows scaling and have a 1080p'ish proportioned image with crisper text and images.
The only thing you may run into is small unscalable GUIs in games, but that's a tradeoff well worth it to play at 1440p

Factory refurbished benq

200 bong points? lol. monitors must cost like 20000 bong points ur currency is as fucked as yen and hkd

can't say a bad word about Dell, so for example U2417H UltraSharp

yes

you want a 27" for 1440p

ive asked this before but would like some more input.

How do you guys think a 27" 1080p monitor would look with 1440p virtual super resolution?

I just bough a Dell Ultrasharp,it works fine. The colors ware su much better compared to my shitty old 1080p monitor.

>virtual super resolution
think you just made that up. link?

Its the AMD equivalent of Nvidia's render at a higher res and scale down to fit your monitor.

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/VSR.aspx

Just tried it. Text looks all fucked up.

Would it be too much to ask for a cell phone picture of how it renders?

Thanks for trying user.

Get the best Dell ultra sharp you can afford. Dude you're getting a Dell!

I'm afraid i don't have a decent phone. I would describe it as the text looking aliased and blurred out,not something i would ever use.

Oh well. Thank you anyway though! I appreciate it.

LELL makes great monitors. 7th month with my U2515H. Perfect colors, DPI and viewing angles with that monitor.

What you posted is great. I have U2415. Love it to bits coming from a shitty TN monitor

QNIX QX2710 (1440p overclockable to 120hz)
Had one for 3 years now and it's worked great, bought another one last month for ~£240 shipped, arrived in less than a week from korea and doesn't have any issues

What about 32 inches which is superior for 1440p 32 or 27

amazon.co.uk/AOC-Q2577PWQ-inch-Monitor-AH-IPS/dp/B00WK39NXK

I bought one of these, and it's pretty damn good. Input lag is near non-existantand the colours are glorious.

Only thing is that it's painfully bright, so i have to turn the brightness down to about 40%.

>1440p
>IPS
>144HZ

What to buy?