Is it a good idea to buy a 980TI(pick related),if i can get one for 65$ cheaper compared to the lowest priced 1070?

Is it a good idea to buy a 980TI(pick related),if i can get one for 65$ cheaper compared to the lowest priced 1070?

It's not a bad deal. But MSI Nvidia cards are trash

They are? That's a shame. Both options would be 1rst hand with warranty btw.

Yes. 980ti still beats 1070

So you can get a 980ti for $325?

No,here in the netherlands i can get a GTX 980 for 400EURO,and the cheapest GTX 1070 goes for 460EURO.

Well then thats a deal. They're literally the same performance wise.

Issue is when nvidia disable maxwell async

There is nothing to disable.

>That's a shame.
why would you instantly accept some random Sup Forums faggots unsupported opinion you drone.

nvidia will gimp 980 ti in a couple of weeks so go for the newed cards

I don't. Doing some research to see if it's true is what i would do.

Hard to tell OP. Nvidia could start carrying and actually keep upgrading their Maxwell cards or they could just show you a massive middle finger and flip another Kepler bird. It's up to you to decide what's worse. Paying 70 euro more for literally same performance or getting top performance for every game that came out to date but getting risk of suddenly getting 20 fps behind 1070.

Also I wanted to say that I'd recommend just waiting for bran new AAA releases and comparing FPS between 1070 and 980 Ti but then I've noticed that there is literally fuck all coming out in July.

Thanks for the imput. And yeah,no big games being released until the end of July with DE.

Don't get a 980ti, that shit is last generation and is therefore a waste. Get a 1080.

It costs over 750€ so no.

if you can't afford a 1070 go AMD lad

always prefer new hardware

>always prefer new hardware

Why if the older one is faster and better price?

1070 does have some advantages over 90ti. lower TDP, more OC headroom due to lower power, lower noise, async support, better VR support

>lower TDP
I'm student and electricity is free for me
>better VR support
not going to use
>lower noise
I have define r5 with 6 fans which will keep things very quiet and cold

sounds like you already know which card you want then

no DirectX 12

980ti runs DX12. async compute is not the entirety of DX12.

Old flagship is still a flagship and has premium build quality.

I use win 7 anyways for at least 4 years.

>MSI Nvidia cards are trash

video cards are the ONLY thing MSI does right.

and not only do they do them right, they do them superbly, even better than EVGA.