1060 vs 480 Benchmarks

Why are AMD GPUs so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3098825/components-graphics/sapphire-nitro-rx-480-review-polaris-rethought-and-refined.html
hardwareunboxed.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-benchmark-review-25-games-tested/
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/26.html
pclab.pl/art60000-21.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dh9Akfu90Gs
bytemedev.com/the-gtx-780-ti-sli-end-of-life-driver-performance-analysis/
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/8.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is the actual fps though?

>bad
maxes everything at 1080p with no problems for $50-100 cheaper since 1060 wont be in stock for a long time

1060 is literally in stock right now you fool.

AMD is a small company fighting on two fronts.
That they have shrunk so much and still try to compete is laudable.

1060 is the same price as the 480

The 1060 ranges $200-250? Thought it was $250-300+

Drivers

backorder or out of stock nigga
$220 does not equal $280

1060 is $249

I dont know what to get either. Might just go for a 1070. Either way its an upgrade from my 660.
Only reason I even look at the 480 is because 8gb, looking into getting a 1440 monitor

That means it starts $50 more than the RX 480.

You mean the 4GB 480 reference, which is even worse than the OP benchmarks.

good luck ever actually getting one

It does alot better at DX12 then DX11, It should shape up next year

Yeah but the 4gb rx 480 is shit

>Zotac have a better looking mini itx card design than gigabyte this time around

interesting.

>It should shape up next year

Top kek. AMDrones always say this, and Nvidia just continues to crush AMD in every benchmark year after year.

$200 card vs $250-300 card

I wonder which one is better!

Uhh that's the 8GB 480 at $239 vs the 1060 at $249

The 1060 is far and away a better value

The 4 gig sapphire reviews put it at the same performance as the founders edition 1060 at a price of $220.

pcworld.com/article/3098825/components-graphics/sapphire-nitro-rx-480-review-polaris-rethought-and-refined.html

It's not a better value than the 4 gig 480 at $200.

However - You know what the MOST interesting thing is BY FAR about those results?

Look at the Hitman results. People keep saying that 480 is better long term because it's better in DX12, but why is it that Hitman just happens to be the only DX11 game in the entire list where the 480 is faster?

Obviously if there's more than a DOZEN other games where 1060>480 for DX11, and virtually none where 480>1060 for DX11 ... Then it's stupid to use a *single* game which is biased against the 1060 (or at least a very rare worst case scenario for the 1060) mode as proof that the 480 is better in DX12.

Yeah the truth is that the 1060 is actually better than the 480 in DX12.

You can see this clearly how the 1060 beats the 480 easily in 3DMark's new DX12 benchmark.

The 1060 is not only the better card right now, it's also more future proof than the 480.

>Nitro+ 480 4gb matches stock 1060 just fine for $30 less.
>Nitro+ 480 8gb @ 1420mhz beats 1060 at 2.1ghz for $10 more with dx11.
>1060 gets murdered in dx12/vulkan by reference 480
AIB 480 > AIB 1060 = 1060 > 480

>this faggot again

You can OC some 1060 to get +10% in performance... And Hitman is that one game. That one game. Electricity - how many W difference? 20°C difference. Prices are mostly the same now outside of US.

This faggot again:

See, there's an obvious jimmy rustle here in comparing reference with non reference.

hitman is an amd sponsored denuvo infested online only incomplete $60 title. Literally nobody I know among the 500 strangers in my steam group plays it. It's got like 10% positive reviews on steam for a reason.

Oh look, it's these fake numbers again. AMDrones are so retarded they actually make up fake charts.

You just spent 10 minutes spamming the thread with benchmarks. You've been doing it on every 480 thread for the past two weeks.

Holy fuck dude.

I'm confused by the 1060, how does this not cause the 1070/80 to be irrelevant? AMD coming out with a high-performance cheap card made sense because it was an important market niche but now that the 1060 is out who's going to buy the 1070/80?

The 1070 isn't that much better even for 1440p gaming, it's a High @ 60FPS vs Ultra @ 60FPS difference which isn't worth paying almost double the amount for a card. The 1070 only seems to make sense for people who own high-refresh rate 1440p monitors which are a rarity. The 1080 is at an even weirder spot, it's not quite good enough for true 4K gaming but it's almost there which means the 1080 Ti will be what most 4K gamers want.

Won't the 1060 cut into Nvidia profit margins in a big way? They'll still make money, just a lot less.

Yeah, showing it twice doesn't mean a non reference 1060 magically appears.

AMDrones are unemployed losers living in 3rd world countries with lots of free time. That's why they are forced to buy shitty AMD cards and why they have all the time in the world to create fake AMD narratives.

Yet you aren't bitching when OP spams fake/inaccurate 1060 charts

1070 and 1080 are still sold out.

They're premium cards for high resolutions and high refresh rates.

The 1060 is still the best 1080p card.

You can buy a 120hz 1440 monitor for $200.

Because they don't.

>1060 gains nothing from overclocking they said
>480 overclocked to 1300mhz beats a 1060 at 2100 mhz they said

A 1070 is ~50% faster than a 1060, and it is ~50% more expensive too, it still has value. Agree on 1080 tho

I am the one who has two graphs to support my claims and you are the shill who's talking out of his ass. Nvidia gimping their old cards isn't new.

>1060 gains nothing from overclocking they said
>480 overclockd to 1300mhz beats a 1060 at 2100 mhz they said

Lol you don't have anything. You're the retard who keeps trying to compare benchmarks between two different test setups.

They don't call them AMDummies for nothing. Low IQ morons.

The percentages are off in OP's pic. They in no way line up with reality. Look at each of the titles, and the fps, and look at what I posted. They are not the same, or close.

Uhh the percentages are exactly on. See the source: hardwareunboxed.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-benchmark-review-25-games-tested/

Nvidia works only for GPUs
Amd works on CPUs and GPU

They never have anything. There's actually a truck load more evidence proving that there is no "gimping" going on compared to like 1 chart some guy drew up in excel.

Probably the same reason the CPUs are shit.

>still no proof and only ad hominems

Keep it up pajeet

fuk off shills

>There's actually a truck load more evidence proving that there is no "gimping"

Post it then. You are just proving my point by posting petty ad hominems and nothing to prove your claims

listen up buddy, you made the original claim of "gimping". you post your proof and i'll post my response. we've been waiting for this incriminating evidence for ages yet you still haven't been able to provide it.

Is that EVGA 1060 alright? Because the Gigabyte model for example is more expensive here.

I have already posted a benchmark and a graph, proof is proof whether you like it or not. If you don't like the BF1 benchmark post some of the "truck load of evidence" that you have.

The 780ti was beating the 290x shortly after its launch and now it's trading blows with the 290. A titan performing worse than a 290 doesn't make this any better either. What makes this even funnier is that the 980 was regarded as a GPU which is a bit better than the 780ti in terms of performance and now the 290x which was getting beaten by the 780ti is after its launch is trading blows with the 980.

>g-guys look at this alpha of a single unoptimized and unreleased game
>d-do you like muh cherrypicking s-skills?

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/26.html

there is a minor 1% of difference between a 290x and 780 ti today and it has already been concluded that this is solely down to newer cpu helping alleviate the menacing amd driver overhead. newer cpu = lower driver overhead. this makes the amd look like it ages better over time.

everyone knows that any amd card with even a recent i5 crumbles in cpu intensive games. pclab.pl/art60000-21.html

youtube.com/watch?v=dh9Akfu90Gs
bytemedev.com/the-gtx-780-ti-sli-end-of-life-driver-performance-analysis/

False conclusion.

Its not the newer CPU don't make AMD CPU better, if it was then the 860k would have beaten the i5 2500k. Sandybridge onward, Intel got a large leap in CPU performance and AMD lagged

>posting 1060 vs 480 graph with no information about the 780ti nor the 290x

I guess understanding that the topic was the 780ti, the 290x and driver gimping was too complicated for you.

>damage controlling this much
Check that techpowerup link that you posted. The 290x which was worse than the 780ti at launch is now beating it. Look at this review. The 290x is performing the same as a 780 which is obviously worse than a 780 ti. You can push that overhead meme as much as you want. We all know that people who could afford these flagship GPUs didn't buy bottom of the barrel i3s. The topic isn't low end cards that get matched with low end CPUs here. Also there haven't been any magically significant improvements in CPUs since the release of these so it's unlikely that the reviews got affected by that.

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/8.html

>b-but muh cherry pick
>℅1 difference
You could at least shown the effort to look at the graph that you posted. I don't have any more time to waste on you rajesh. Enjoy your rupees.

Retard you can't compare benchmarks between two different tests with separate environments.

Jesus christ AMDummies are so stupid.

EVGA is god tier, can't go wrong.

>different testing environments
>can't refute any of the points put forward

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So if i find them at the same price in where i live, i shall go for 1060. If 480 is cheaper however, by like $50 or something, i should go for 480

>poor damage control
Enjoy your driver overhead.

Even at $50 more I would go for the 1060 because of AMD's shoddy support.

1060 custom is cheaper than a reference 480 in our country

>it's a "poorfags bicker about which mainstream card is best because they can't afford the 1070" episode

fuck off richfag

wait, 1080p maxed out 80+ fps GTA V?

what game is that

POO IN LOO pajeet. Ffs.

How much of a shill do you have to be to photoshop the "out of stock" on a GPU to win an internet argument

Nothing is photoshopped...

Looke like touhou koukishin

yes it is here is the real one you dumb shill

Uhh looks the same

look harder then shill

>Aftermarket 480's aren't all that better than the reference cards
That settles it. Gonna buy the cheapest reference 480 and then upgrade to 490 or rx fury when it comes out.

better include the price for a new mobo too

Or just get a 1060 for the same price and way better performance

.03 cents have been deposited to your nvidia account panjeet

>Why are AMD GPUs so bad?
bad in what?
my wallet is still happy

amdfags literally on suicide watch

Game devs will not use heavy async compute that makes Nvidia cards (80% market share remember) slower. They will follow the recommended DX12 implementation as outlined and used by 3DMark in Time Lie. Mark my words. Apart from a few outliers using Vulkan performance in DX12 titles will remain roughly the same for AMD and Nvidia. Game devs want to sell games and penalizing the 80% of Nvidia owners would be stupid.

>Tfw want to buy Korean 27" with freesync but 480 is too shit to play 1440p on

Is it AMDs fault that Novidia has backwards hardware?

No. Just stating what I believe will happen. I am in the AMD camp BTW. But even I can see how this is likely to play out.

>Comparing reference cards

Are all of you fucking retards?

Yes.

Which is the best cheapest 1060 to go for?

or they could just keep using dx11.

>not future proofing
1060 and 480 are both useless in 2 years

They wanted to go out like the Germans in world war two.

where can i even buy any of this shit at $200/$250? no where has fuck in stock

ok... so how could you expain that i'm playing on my gtx 1060 since 22th and it cost me just $10 more than crappy rx 480