Lets settle this question once and for all, Sup Forums - what is the best 1070 variant?

Lets settle this question once and for all, Sup Forums - what is the best 1070 variant?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncixus.com/products/?&sku=132462
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The one with the highest clock speeds out of the box, and a good enough cooler to support it.

This goes for any GPU. Custom PCBs are a plus.

Im talking about value, not about raw power.

the RX480

none of the current models are selling for anywhere near the $380 AIB price but this is the cheapest variant I could find
ncixus.com/products/?&sku=132462

came here to post

None then.

just get a used 980ti

The GTX 1080 one.

the one ur mom uses

Asus Strix or EVGA

one that is actually in stock

third post best post

the cheaper one you can find

Sapphire nitro+

>comparing 480 to 1070

lmao 480 can't even beat the 1060

When are the european prices expected to sell for the (european) MSRP, the inflation is fucking insane.

Fuck off I want a quality card.

[GO]

>what is the best 1070 variant?
The 1080

Evga 1070 sc

Or EVGA has a sale on new 980 tis
But my buddy got the gigabyte g1 for cheaper than the EVGA ASUS or MSI variants and aside from those orange accents underneath he loves it.

I agree with this user.

Then why are you asking about Nvidia

Unless you have a 1440p 144hz monitor then the 1070/80 is an irrelevant card. It's not good enough to run 4k yet it's crazy overpriced compared to more capable cards like the RX 480 / GTX 1060.

If you're doing 1080p/1440p ANYTHING then you should be getting something cheaper. If you're hoping for a 4k card then wait for the 1080 Ti or Vega series of cards. If you're hoping to play 1440p at high frame rates though, then it might make some sense.

even then, the 1080 still isn't enough to get the full usage out of a 1440p 144hz monitor.

I'm still using a gtx 780 for my MG278q and probably won't get a new video card until the 1180 comes out.

For the money right now? Probably the G1 Gaming. It has both a hefty factory OC, decent cooler, and improved power delivery for less than EVGA's SC variant (which uses the factory PCB).
There's also MSI's armor version which offers pretty much the same at the same price ($429) but with Gigabyte you also get RGB blinkenlights so that automatically makes it better. ;^)

Founders Edition. For a bit extra cash you get a premium quality product direct from nvidia.

kek

cheapest card with a waterblock manually OCed

>bought a Kepler
>it gets gimped as fuck
>still wants to give Nvidia more money
You must have really bad Stockholm Syndrome.
t. fellow Kepler owner

Sapphire Nitro

Palit
Gainward
EVGA

EVGA aluminum cased card design
ASUS RGB LEDs on card woho! Nice backplate
MSI windforce super-duper sleek fans

All of them are reputable companies. Personally I like the RGB cards if you have an open case design.