Wut...?

So I found a computer.
No really.
It is a compaq presario 2200. Found it with lubuntu installed and a disc of it in the drive of lubuntu 12.04 LTS. My elderly neighbor wants it. (He is 75)
It has:
Intel Celeron M Processor at a whopping 1400mb
474MB of memory!

What should I do with it? I was thinking installing mint (which it does not meet the minimum specs) or something
Picture sort of related.

Other urls found in this thread:

golem.de/news/alles-andere-als-schrottreif-neue-linux-distributionen-fuer-alte-computer-1510-116627.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gib bak tryon

Have to keep it, already put work into it.

come on Sup Forums. What do?!

Really, no one?

Try a minimal debian plus openbox.

cb++

Try one of these:
Antix Linux
Puppy Linux
Bodhi Linux

They kinda made for bad/old hardware, at least one of them should work for you (At least I hope so)

Hmmm.
Suggested Flavor? or just straight up base Debian with modifications?

>>Puppy Linux
Was thinking about that. Haven't used it in years though.

put Puppy onto it. it's exactly what it's designed for. really neat distro too, very easy to use for anyone.

Me again, also found an article in an pc magazine from last year:
4MLinux
SalentOS
Slitaz-Linux

I don't have any experience with any of these, but maybe one of them works fine for you.

Never heard of any of those.
But if puppy doesn't work out, i'm up to explore!

>has lubuntu
>wants to install memeint

Neither I did, but I just remembered this magazine & googled the page. Its in german, but maybe you can find something useful when its translated over google translator:

golem.de/news/alles-andere-als-schrottreif-neue-linux-distributionen-fuer-alte-computer-1510-116627.html

Op here, I dislike Ubuntu and it's children. Mint is okay though, i guess.

mint is a neat distro for people who aren't familiar with gnu/linux systems, it provides a nice UI for everything that needs to be done with a neat graphical system for updating.

It is why I like it. I regularly hand it out to friends to "fix" their computers.

Meanwhile, Looking through puppy, this might work. I'm going to try a live version first. Think a liveUSB will work on it?

yes, that's what it's made for. you can unmount it once it's booted and remove the drive too.

>I dislike Ubuntu and it's children
>Mint is okay though, i guess
you guessed wrong as mint is the most retarded child of ubuntu

Well I know that part will work.
Was wondering if the laptop supports that.
I found it with a LiveCD, an actual CD-R. So I'm unsure if even the DVD drive works.

oh right. nothing to lose by trying it anyway though right?

True. I'll prepare both though, just to save the hassle.

Op here.
Currently burning images.
Results in a bit.