twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Elisp

why is that?

Scheme without a fucking doubt

it's the one taught in SICP too

gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/eintr.html

why is that?

bump

This tbhq senpai, read SICP and some other scheme book on the side(Not How to Design Programs since it is a shit due to Racket)

Scheme's minimalism is attractive, however I'm anxious about missing out on ideas that could only be found in other dialects. Is this a valid concern at all?

Learn Common Lisp :) You also have IDE for it, you can debbug it ( if i can call it that why.... ) But why do you want to learn lisp? :)
IDE: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegro_Common_Lisp

fuck sicp, it is way to hard to read through it as an introduction to lisp

start with common lisp and read "practical common lisp" it is avaiable online for free. You will inevitable "get" lisp

you will pick up scheme and elisp in no time after common lisp, but the book above is much better for a quick start

It is not a Lisp book, it's a CS book

put that garbage down and pick up a real programming language like C

Because scheme is a very simple lisp designed to be taught.

I'd recommend scheme and reading The Little Schemer to start off with.

Javascript.

Learn scheme. There's a reason it were chosen an educational language.
Scheme has literally everything - minus popularity and the amount of libraries of the other languages, that is.
Also, ignore the Sup Forums memers - SICP is there to teach you CS concepts, not to program in any particular language. Once you go through it, if you are a fast enough learner, you can learn almost any language in a week.

>Learning (((lisp)))

I started learning clojure because the book was funny and relaly well written. I just got demotivated and now all I want to do is eat and watch anime.

elisp sucks, just learn common lisp using the gigamonkeys book.

>unironically suggesting the cancer killing both programming as a whole and the web

kys faggot

Scheme -> Racket

Learn Racket then. It's Scheme with a bunch of libraries for easily doing things like drawing graphics.

Its orthodox IDE is horrible though, so use Emacs' racket-mode.

I wonder why no one mention the Haskell and Rust

because Haskell isn't a lisp
not every functional language is a lisp

pick up that book again, user. I didn't give up, and now because of that book I got a job.

how does Racket compare to R5RS/R6RS?

racket is an implementation of R5RS, AFAIK

Really? I could get a job with that book.

Learn Common Lisp. I suggest Touretzky's book, which you can download for free at cs.cmu.edu/~dst/LispBook/. SICP is not a Lisp/Scheme book per se, but an introductory CS book.