What's the best 1440p IPS I can get for around $500 or less? I know the Dell IPSs have a good reputation...

What's the best 1440p IPS I can get for around $500 or less? I know the Dell IPSs have a good reputation, but what are some other good options?

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2730z.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are none. U2715H is the best 1440p ips under $500

Got 2 25" ones, pretty solid.

Only disadvantages is sometimes it takes a couple times pressing to turn it off, and there's a 3 second delay between receiving input and display it on resolution change.

>1440p
For $500 you should be looking for 4k.

Why would he though? Performance-wise, even 1080 is still lackluster at 4k. 4k is fucking worthless right now.

>muh gay men

I got two 25" IPS 1440p monitors for $540. They use the same panel as the Dell U2515H, so I wouldn't pay more than $300-350 for a 1440p IPS monitor unless it was 144hz.

Yes my gaming

Not him, but I am looking at two monitors at 27". One is ASUS PB278Q 1440p for $400 and the other is 4K @ $500(this one)

Which is best to get?

OP here, I ended up ordering a u2515h for $350. I didn't realize that the 25" was so much cheaper at the same resolution and two inches hardly makes a difference
>inb4 that's not what your gf said

hope you enjoy it user, I certainly enjoy the two of mine, and $260 each was too good to pass up.

You can still play your games at 1440p just fine on a 4k display you dingus.

All that wiring work inside your computer but everything outside is a fucking mess. Get some twist ties and neaten that shit up.

Ya dumbass.

Search newegg and Amazon and eBay. The prices on 144hz 1440p IPS are around 200-300 for 27 in

Get the 27MU67 instead. It's the cheaper and older variant of the 27UD68, but it's actually superior in terms of response times. They're the same panel so the color metrics are similar too.

Korean 1440p monitors for $180
Or 4k 28" Korean monitors for $250
Same panels found in dells but they might have a dead pixel, so make sure you get a pixel perfect one.

>but they might have a dead pixel

As well as no calibration, a pathetic build quality/frame/stand. Korean monitors are questionable at best.

If you're going to get one, at least go for the Crossover 2795. The older Qnix monitors are awful by today's standards, with horrific pixel response times and overshoot ghosting. And PWM cancer.

Are there any good 1440p 144hz at 27 inches?
Currently have a GW2754 and want to replace my 1080p 144hz monitor for gaming

>Are there any good 1440p 144hz at 27 inches?

BenQ XL2730Z. Don't fall for the 144Hz IPS meme, those panels are being driven to their limits and suffer high overshoot while being very mediocre IPS panels, defeating the purpose of IPS in the first place.

The XL2730Z is TN but it's a very good TN. And it's cheaper than the 1440p/144Hz/IPS meme monitors.

>$200-$300
>27 1440p panel

Sounds like cheap bs.

>falling for the corean monitor meme
"Perfect" pixel policies mean that there could be up to 10 dead pixels. Enjoy getting a pile of shit.

What's the best 1080p IPS Freesync monitor currently on the market? Size 24"-25" preferred.

Yeah, I already know about that IPS 144hz shit.
Just checked Logical Increments and noticed the XL2730Z was on there. A little confirmation that it's actually not shit is nice, thanks. It's also another BenQ, so there shouldn't be any glaring differences between the monitors appearance-wise, so my autism won't flare out.

>bought cheapo Korean 1440p monitor used
>can only overclock to 64hz
what the fuck I thought they went high? am I doing something wrong pls help

4k perfectly scales 1080p so if your game isn't running well enough at 4k you can still have it run looking great at 1080p.

u2715h

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2730z.htm

Here's the tftcentral review. As you can see it has respectable contrast and colors for a TN panel. The default color temp of 7k even in the "standard" mode is pretty whack, but that's easily changed via graphics control panel if you don't like the blue tint.

U2515H > U2715H

Unless you're desperate for the larger screen, the 25" panel is superior.

Can someone recommend a good monitor to pair with the upcoming Nitro 480?
Not sure if I should 120/144Hz 1080p or just 60Hz 1440p, I like the idea of a 'retina' quality (2k) monitor though.

1080p 120hz is shit unless you're competitive

higher resolution makes everything better. plus you can OC 1440p monitors

>1080p 144hz

Asus MG248Q - Freesync, newest 1080p 144hz currently out, good colors

LG 24GM77 - Good colors 1080p 144hz, no Freesync

Viewsonic XG2401 - Freesync and decent colors

AOC G2460PF - Average colors, cheapest 144hz you can get (other than the garbage Acer one) and Freesync

BenQ XL2411Z / ASUS VG248QE - Outdated trash, ignore.

>60hz 1440p
U2515H, U2715H

Acer K272HUL Black 27" WQHD 1ms
Newegg
I got it for $280 but its still not too bad

>U2515H
That looks like a pretty solid one. Sad I'll be spending more on a monitor than a video card. I have the option to get my faggot cousin's old 24" unknown model samsung if he ever gets around to bringing it for $100. He says it's DVI but doesn't know what kind. Need that D-Dual link.

>Remux-vs-YIFY.jpg

but yify quality is even better than the original bluray

I've bought multiple Korean monitors, I would say 1 of 4 4k monitors I bought had one dead pixel and eBay handled that.

Tek syndicate has some nice reviews too

Nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

tek syndicate reviews are shit and worthless because they do no measurements. What's the point of a monitor review without display measurements?

>"Ah yeah... It's pretty nice looking... It has a good stand... Um yeah xD"

>Implying you need that much color accuracy
Seriously, if it looks good through someone eyes it's probably good enough.
And Wendell does some well informed reviews so go fuck yourself

>color accuracy is the only display metric

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a redditor who found his way on to Sup Forums via Clover's default board nonsense.

>Backlight bleed
>Ghosting
>Frame skipping
>Response times
You really don't need a special tool for most of these.

>brightness distribution
>overshoot
>black depth
>color gamut

Literally the only thing that isn't important to most is deltaE variations. All the other things I listed are important and if you don't care about them you have shit taste and you're a retarded normie.