Is Antergos a decent OS? I want Arch, but i don't want to go through the trouble of actually installing Arch...

Is Antergos a decent OS? I want Arch, but i don't want to go through the trouble of actually installing Arch. I've tested it out and it's a really beautiful looking OS. Does anyone else use Antergos?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam/Troubleshooting
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use it on both of my laptops. I love it. I'm using it with kde and love how polished it looks. In fact, I'm not even dual booting it anymore. The only thing I dislike is when I first boot my computer it takes me to the antergos login screen instead of the kde breeze login screen. I'm sure that's something that can be changed I just haven't gotten around to it

To be honest, when i first installed it, it felt as if i was just using a phone or something.

>I want to be l33t but I don't want to RTFM
It takes minutes to install Arch faggot.

No, i don't want to be some over-ego retard who insults others for not using arch and someone who thinks he's amazing for using Arch. I just want a decent OS.

Thats how I felt using it when I first installed it with gnome. Also for whatever reason, gnome didn't run well at all, definitely not as smooth as kde. Like just pulling up the applications from the dock on gnome the animations would stutter and tear. I have most effects enabled on kde and its like butter

Then you're still probably better off with a vanilla Arch install with KDE. Less bloat. Or, you could get a Mac/hackintosh if you don't mind a bit of prep or spending money.

I use it on the computer I do work with. Pretty good OS.

It logo is even worse than Arch's logo.

I've tried antergos and arch (not enough to say I'm literate in either, just enough to say "oh this is nice") and I have nothing against it, but I just want to say manjaro is quite nice for a pleb like me.

Been using it for the last year. It's been better than great. The only issues I ever had were cinnamon related. Sign up for the arch mailing list and you'll be good to go

I actually really like the look of gnome, and i mean, it seemed to run well on my end, even without the best hardware. Also, would i have problems installing things like i3, considering Antergos is basically just Arch.

>Sup Forums - logos

I really like Gnome and KDE, but explorer is just more developed and smoother. It's hard making that transition

This, the logo and login screenare horrendous. Great distro though.

You shouldn't have any problems installing i3 or anything. It's literally arch with an installer and a different logo. I've only had a few problems like getting steam working, but you can use the arch wiki which is really helpful.

The logo in my opinion is awesome looking, much better than arch's.

I've already looked into installing steam, i found a wiki on it, it shouldn't be hard no? Shouldn't be a problem if i can't though, i'm looking just to dual boot it, and have windows as my main OS.

Arch is not that great. There's plenty of lightweight distros that don't support software anarchy. CRUX is a good one. Rootshell installs are better anyway because you know exactly what is going on. Graphical installs barely have any verbose. Void, CRUX, Gentoo, these are all good operating systems.

I installed antergos minimal with openbox on my crappy laptop and its frankly the best arch installer

What exactly do you consider the bloat of Antergos? I don't mean this in a condescending way.

M-muh hipster distro

>I just want a decent OS
Install Ubuntu 16.04.1 + The DE/WM of yout choice.

Just fucking try it. Stop asking Sup Forums if you're going to like a distro.

Worst case scenario, you don't like it, reformat and manually install Arch. It takes 30 minutes of copying commands to get from the installer to a gnome session, no big deal.

sudo systemctl disable lightdm
sudo systemctl enable
You're welcome

Use Architect to install real Arch.

use architecht instead

all i did was delete the steam runtime libraries and everything works. just follow this and you should be good.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam/Troubleshooting

Arch is easy as fuck to install; I don't see the point of these ricer distros.

This gut knows what's up

I use antergos for 1 1/2 years right now, on desktop and laptop as primary and only OS, never looked back. Feels way to comfy for giving up
For muh gaming i build a gaming vm
Main difference from Manjaro is AUR packages actually work

architect.

nice thank you

An other thing ist you can follow anything from archwiki 1:1 and the packages are from the same Version as in arch, not linke in manjaro

Arch + Antergos

All you have to do is use the AUI if you're too lazy

Plus a 5 year old could setup an encrypted lvm with swap and seperate homepartition

I think Antergos is very underrated

Using it on my laptop. Minimal install is great if you want to install only what you need. Almost a year and no major troubles. I'd give it a try and see for yourself. Also, I'd recommend distro-hopping for a while until you find one that fits your needs.

that hard to install arch?

fucking grow up kiddo

it's a once and done ordeal

>implying the distro is what makes your desktop look polished

>arch is linux with a steep learning curve
>antergos is an imitation without an learning curve
now, i'm not an arch user, but if i were to be, i sure as hell wouldn't use an pre-riced/configured setup.

that kinda ruins the whole point of arch:
learning linux from scratch

if you're looking for an everyday solution, go and use an *ubuntu spinoff

>I want Arch, but i don't want to go through the trouble of actually installing Arch
arch is the wrong distro for you then

it's just arch with a bit of bloat, if you choose to install the bloat at all

i had some troubles with pacman that i didn't have with vanilla arch though

It's literally just arch with a shitty installer

It's good if you're not insecure and don't base your self worth off how much time you wasted using fdisk

>arch
>steep learning curve

Lol no, you copy a step-by-step from a wiki
pacman -S gnome
and you're done

Installing debian with "additional drivers and firmware" is harder than installing arch. Arch is not hard, arch is a waste of your fucking time. At least install gentoo, a distro that gives you some benefit in return for time spent, instead of a shitstemd based not-fedora.

Are you retarded? If you want bleeding edge pacman and AUR and no depedency hell its definetly the right distro. I also hate people who say its not the right distro for you because its their own fucking opinion even if you choose you want it
And your shiny damn screenfetch shows antergos if you install it so deal with it!

This.

And this thread turned out just the way I expected when I saw the headline: a bunch of autistic Archies acting entitled and superior. You are the reason people laugh at Arch.

Personally using Antergos on laptop as well and love it. Not a ricer, a 'hacker', just a simple man who likes Linux for work and needs a distro that 'just werks'. Chose Antergos for updated packages and AUR. Got Ubuntu on my desktop (cry Archies) for the reason that it just werks which is what most people want in an OS: it just has to work without much hassle.

It was ok

There are only three OS worth using: arch-based, opensuse and debian sid. No serious difference between all rolling distros because you don't use OS actually, use software. And you probably want to have as big choice as possible, newest packages, community-driven repository of build scripts to install software that not officially supported for some reason, and perfect compatibility between different vesions without having broken ppas after upgrade, obsolete libraries in upstream, dependency hell and other shit.
So antegros is arch, and it is decent. Just install it and be happy. Everything else is for muh stability on servers with 9-digits uptime, not for personal use. /thread

Give this man a cake!

>Main difference from Manjaro is AUR packages actually work
how is AUR broken in Manjaro? I have recently started using it, and no problems installing from AUR

does it utilize full kde power or is it lightweight version?

>implying I'm an arch user
ok kids, keep playing with your toy, just don't cry later when it breaks