How important is highschool

Highschool is pretty rough,
I have real bad social anxiety, I take days off whenever I can, I get bullied, my only friend moved and i'm always stressed during the weekdays (first world problems)

I'm at the age where I can drop out and will receive welfare benefits if I'm studying an approved course

Is it even worth it? I have roughly 2 more years of this shit and I hate every subject that isn't maths

Can I make it into some comfy tech job where I can live by and support myself and work from home without a highschool grad certificate or will every employer throw away my resume if they see that I didn't even complete high school?

stop being a pussy and finish high school man. trust me. i know you've probably read stories about a handful of rich high-school dropouts on buzzfeed or whatever but trust me, the world is MUCH easier to navigate if you just graduate fucking high school. its like the bare minimum required to not be a total fuckup dude, just do it. its very much worth it, no doubt. don't drop out, fuck sake. speaking from experience here.

>hate school but love math

wow, you're such a wacky and brilliant individual!

If your problem is only social anxiety, you can stop going to high school and get your GED instead.
More than likely though you're also retarded and won't even be able to manage that.

>Can I make it into some comfy tech job where I can live by and support myself and work from home without a highschool grad certificate
No

Also running away from your problems is a fucking bitch way to go through life

stop projecting faggot

My brother dropped out of high school. He's had to work 80 hour weeks in factories. Hard mother fucking labor. He was working in a foundry once, working molten iron, and he got burned a bunch.

Now my brother is a real deal programmer. He's smarter than me. Btw I work at one of the big four and by Sup Forums's standards I'm pretty rich.

However, he can't get anyone to give him a tech job. He's now paying a bootcamp $10,000 so they can teach him real world programming skills and give him a real programming job. He could have been doing this 15 years ago if he hadn't dropped out of high school.

Don't think you can just pull this off either, you won't. Finish high school, then go to college. Don't be a fucking lazy pussy.

just deal with it man its just a couple more years

You get bullied because you act weird and show that it bothers you. Bullying is a good way to force you to learn how to function in society. Suck it up and push through it and come out of it a better person instead of letting them win and running away

Finish high school son
There are people who haven't finished high school who can easily get comfy jobs, but these people are highly skilled, or connected If you have to ask, then you probably don't have any of these.

Highschool dropout is an instant path to manual labour.

Drop out my man

>going to high school during the summer
Epic fail, OP

haha, no.

"Good at math" is code for future STEM dropout. It's like the myspace angle of neets. completely untrue but sounds quirky and enstein-tier.

>I placed top 3 mid-state math contests
>Top 10 statewide against pajeets and chinks in highschool

>became a miserable failure in life anyway

Yep, this. You can still make a living, but only through tough manual labor. Also you'll be working with rough mother fuckers and if you can't handle yourself they will eat you alive. You can't be around these types and be socially awkward. If you're awkward, you sure as fuck better go to college because it's going to much harder for you if you don't.

The people who cry about bullying are always the insufferable pricks who have it coming but can't face the fact that there's a reason people hate them.

Notice how only whiny feminists and numales complain about cyberbullying? Same thing IRL.

>I'm at the age where I can drop out and will receive welfare benefits if I'm studying an approved course

this needs more explanation. what and where qualifies as studying, and what exactly is an approved course. depending on the context you might be able to not live a completely worthless life

dropping out of high school is for plebs and retards you underage cunt

The moment I found out anyone didn't finish high school/has a GED, my respect for them plummets. This is a common perspective.

A GED is at least respectable.

It shows that they were a retard early in life but got their act together at some point.

You must be 18 to post here.

A GED is significantly easier than earning a high school diploma. Going beyond a GED is respectable, just getting a GED is pathetic.

Engineering for certain is 99% work ethic and networking. The actual education is an afterthought,

If you think life is hard during high school... Well good luck.

>"hey I like math"
"HAHA FUTURE STEM DROPOUT YOU'RE SUCH A WACKY SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE"
fuck off dude

getting shit on by people as soon as they see me enter a classroom really gives me insight as to how to function as a normal human being hey

ok only roughly 400 days of feeling like shit with no friends i got this

Agreed. Someone could have some circumstances forcing them into a ged, like maybe they got sick, maybe they had fucked up home schooling Christian cult parents, but to just stop at a ged, fucking pathetic. An associates degree would start to be smallest bit respectable, but it's 2016 if you can't get a bachelors degree then you can't get s professional job.

Btw I dropped out of college and make $140k/yr as a systems engineer. I've never met anyone else working at this level that is a drop out. In fact I think maybe my employer thinks I have a degree, they never asked and my resume has some college on it but not anything about a degree.

Lol no shit. I'm 36 with a family and let me tell you nothing was easier than when i was in high school. Fuck to have such little responsibility again, you can't even buy that with any amount of money.

shit is only going to get harder, you may as well grow a pair now and save yourself the heartache. either make so me friends or just chat to people on steam but quit being such a victim. i didnt have any friends in high school either until like my last semester when i started to actually put some effort into being more outgoing and taking care of myself overall. if you can't handle high school then the rest of your life is going to be pretty fucking brutal. sage advice man just fuckin man up

Why are you getting shit on? Why aren't you fucking invisible? Clearly you're not telling us the whole story.

lol, if you were really good at math, may e you'd understand the basic fucking mathematics of life.

You minus GED = quirky failure

I have a friend who dropped out from high school, helped him, now he's living on the streets and we have to take him on focusing to get him a house, we already helped him get a GED and even that shit is limiting, stay in school

>I take days off whenever I can
Your that guy who calls off at the beginning of every month after they accumulated 8 hours of sick time from 2 pay checks. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

Op please tell us why everyone hates you

Hell, I don't even know him and I hate him.

It's not that hard to understand it.

maybe you should ask lord qek

Is op a bitch?

Mostly. I think you can buy your way out a lot of responsibilities. Like hiring a maid and someone to take care of your finances. Stuff like that.

is OP a dumb nigger?

you still need to make the money user

Dropped out of hs.
Now earning €3500/month as a web monkey.

I'm 20 years old and already miss high school sometimes ;_; Not that I really had a good social life either but I loved that I barely had any responsibilities compared to what I had now.

All that I was really responsible for in high school was showing up and getting good grades. Now in college it's that plus everything else. I didn't even think I would miss high school while I was still in high school.

If you get bullied in High School you'll get bullied in the adult world as well.

I have a bad stutter, never did speech therapy, makes it really hard to make friends and people find it funny to make the same jokes about it i've heard 1000x over

that's not bullying

I'm 30 and I dropped out of high school 1 month into grade 7.

Turned out good intelligence wise but social wise there's almost no chance to be a normie now.

delusional faggot

People acknowledging your flaws isn't bullying.

you sound annoying with or without the stutter

That's kind of like me but I have a lisp because I was born with a long younger. I really suggest to start practicing improving your speech while you're still young. There's videos on YouTube that can help you.

I can chime in here.
My grandfather's sister never graduated HS because when she turned 16 she was expected to help around the house b/c super conservative and rural. Since she was the oldest, she had to drop out, and the others stayed in school.
So yes, there are excuses for holding a GED, but that mainly applies to the elderly who were forced out of HS by parents or just life being a bitch (my wife's sister dropped out to support them in multiple jobs after their mother passed and the father was long gone, for example).

Well if it's any consolation I'm that same guy making $140k/yr. there's a guy at the same pay grade as me, a pajeet even, with a REALLY bad stutter. You know what though the guy is really nice and very smart. He's done just fine for himself, but he had the go to college.

Try smoking weed if you can. Allegedly it can instantly cure stutters for some people, but only when they're high. At least this way you could make some stoner friends.

>DUDE

>WEED

>LMAO

grow up pal

>hey this guy has an insecurity he's dealt with his entire life
>hey how about we make fun of him every time we see him
yeah nah not bullying

you're the one sticking in this thread, contributing nothing, gaining nothing, trying to shit on someone you will never meet - you sound like the annoying one, faggot

I've tried weed, it calms me down while i'm high but it had no long lasting effects so it's essentially useless

>hey this prick nobody likes has a stutter
>let's make fun of him and hope he goes away

s-s-s-sounds reasonable to m-m-me, desu

you deserve a nice big wedgie

I did grow up brah, you can smoke weed and be a successful adult. Just like alcohol there are retard pleb tier drop outs using it, and high functioning very successful professionals. You have some pretty skewed views it seems.

>you can smoke weed and be a successful adult

If you're so successful, why are you shitposting on a taiwanese tapestry site?

You could try micro dosing edibles, like twice a day. It would help with your axiety too.

>weed fixes everything

Damn it, you got me. I should really be going to bed.

This thread has nothing to do with technology.

illegal where I live and I have no job, not really an option

holy fuck you're completely right

No wonder you're such a fucking failure when you can't even create a thread on the right board. Go to and join in on complaining how much your life sucks.

OP I really hope you see this, you are about to make a huge fucking mistake

DO NOT DROP OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL
it doesn't matter that you can get a GED, it doesn't matter that some rich guy dropped out to start a business, nor does what some guy across the street did when he was your age matter either

Look I used to have the same thoughts when i was your age OP, and I'm sure many other people on Sup Forums did as well, but you're just blinded because all you know is high school and kid drama bullshit

if you drop out, you will forever be seen as a retard or incompetent by employers, and you will have to compensate via hard labor for a long time before you can get into a community college to pick yourself back up again. yes, we know getting made fun of sucks, we know having controlling cunts over you sucks, but just know high school is nothing like the real world at all.

in the real world, there are consequences for actions. there are no "bullies", yes sometimes you work with cunts but certain lines are no longer crossed as in high school, there is actual rule of law.

Deal with it or if you really can't, do online classes

quads of truth

Neither does your mom but I still banged her.

you missed it

but you're still on point

>n-n-n-neither does your m-m-mom

FTFY OP

This is good advice.

OP maybe you should think about learning a language like Japanese or Spanish to distract you from high school problems? I regret not spending time learning a language in HS. You might be able to make more friends like this when you get to college.

Or maybe you can join a club? Anime or Videogame clubs are pretty accepting of awkward people.

I got a masters but never made any connections. I now sell bagels and coffee to the same 15ish people. Being smart dosent mean shit if you don't know the right people.

Language classes are difficult as hell man.

They always have a shit ton of BS group projects and if you miss a day or two you get fucked.

missed what?

i am not a no stones faggot like OP, but yes I'm not going to lie and claim I never got any shit in high school.

the difference is though, OP is probably the kind of guy who gives people a reason to shit on him, rather than just the typical run of the mill kid shit

what the fuck man, he is complaining about being bullied

OP, if you want to avoid getting shit the last thing you do is go there. have you never learned to hide your power level? that is something you learn in middle school sonny

the quads asshole

>I did grow up
>brah

>Complaining about highschool

Oh yeah that's me also. Known throughout all of school life as that one guy who never talks. Just grow thicker skin and ignore it. Or get better at speaking.

Pardo?

You're ignoring the fact that most people bully other people for kicks or to vent their frustration, not because of any legit social reason. The bullying can escalate to violence if the namecalling fails to annoy the victim. Cyberbullying is nothing compared to this.

If you can't handle high school then I pity you when you enter adult life.

Bullying is a fact of life. You either grow a pair and learn to deal with it or drink bleach.

I'm just pointing out the facts of bullying. How can you deal with bullying when there's a group people who's acting violently against you on a daily basis?

>You either grow a pair and learn to deal with it or drink bleach.

You don't have to join any language classes. You can self study a new language at your own pace. You can study your language during your class breaks in the library or if you escape to the library after eating your lunch like I did.

If you get decent enough you can have something nice to put on your resume or a common interest you can use to make friends at college.

>what the fuck man, he is complaining about being bullied

What did I say

>what did I say

>user walks into anime club
>football player sticks foot out in front of him
>trips
>shoelace gets stuck in door hinge as he trips
>falls face first
>braces get stuck in carpet fiber
>doesn't realize
>user gets up
>braces come off of teeth unprepared
>user screams
>wets himself
>anime club is jaw open and silent, don't know what to make of it
>football player is mocking and laughing hysterically
>he whips out dick
>fucks entire cheerleader squad
>user is in fetal position crying
>janitor comes to peel him up
>throws him away

christ user

A lot of baseless assumptions ITT.

i'm 22, have never had a job in my life and all i have to my name is a GED.

not even sure how to fix it either, i have no way to actually get myself to work even if i could find a place that would hire me.

>i have no way to actually get myself to work even if i could find a place that would hire me
walk, bike, bus, remote
you have no excuse

>walk, bike, bus, remote

not everyone lives in a city, there are no businesses within walking or bike distance of my home.

>>>remote

are you delusional? there are zero remote opportunities for someone with no work experience.

>Is it even worth it? I have roughly 2 more years of this
2 rough years of suffering vs a lifetime of suffering. Do the maths.

You do not live alone on an island. If there are people nearby, then there are jobs nearby.

>If there are people nearby, then there are jobs nearby.

not the guy you're replying to, but there are thousands of cities/towns where this is completely untrue. especially in the rust belt, where you need a BS and 10 years of work experience to get an interview for even entry level clerical jobs.

Thomas Sowell never got his high school diploma and still got his phd in economics

Well, I know some successful people who dropped from HS. But it's not for everybody, the thing is you have to be pretty smart. Just go to HS at least. If you don't want to go to college, that's completely fine imo.

But at the same time... You can ALWAYS find a fine job, regardless your education, it just depends on how much you really want to make it happen.

If the guy wants to have any job possible (i.e. upgrade from from joblessness), then he will need to lower his expectation till he finds a job within walking/bus distance.

Town and cities do not run on magic. Work gets done by people. Be one of those people.

if you ever go into a federal job you will have a really hard time getting a higher pay grade since higher-ups are degree snobs.
for example, you can't get a management position if you dropped out of college in your last year because you will technically only be a "highschool graduate"

i can't imagine how bad it is if you don't even graduate highschool

Will I ever finish college?

quads have spoken

How about some real advice and not an internet tough tough guy charade like our friend here?

Basically, bullying is not about picking on the weakest or weirdest kid, it just starts that way. They go for the easiest people who they can harass the most while having to take the least amount of responsibility for it. If you fight back just once or twice, you won't be the easiest target anymore and they'll move their focus to someone who will just take it. Make it known that you WILL fight and you won't be worth the effort.

I used to get picked on a lot. Then I got into two fights and after that nobody bothered me again. Not because they were afraid of me, but because it wasn't worth getting in real trouble.