So Sup Forums, whats the current best price to performance computer?

So Sup Forums, whats the current best price to performance computer?

>inb4 mah 750 ti still runs everything high!!!

yea stop fucking lying to yourself.
pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10436/amd-carrizo-tested-generational-deep-dive-athlon-x4-845
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-FX-8320/3511vs1983
pcpartpicker.com/list/rp9Nqk
pcpartpicker.com/list/w48Jbj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>best price to performance
>inb4 mah 750 ti still runs everything high

Best price to performance does not guarantee it can play the latest games, it's just the best value. And in general if you want absolute best value for money, older second hand components are the way to go.

no doubt the 750 was good but it wouldnt have a great price/performance ratio on newer games. A 950 would probably out perform it for just a little more $

i3 6100 & RX 480/GTX 1060

>You are now aware as time goes on, and we reach the limits of silicon, all new GPUs will go further and further up into better and better price/perf ratio
>Hence, 1060 and 480 are so fucking good you dont need more till 2020 when VR finally becomes more than a meme

What a time to be alive.

Nothing wrong with the 750ti. I've recommended it to all my friends with prebuilt's. Shit works, cheap as dirt, sips power and is performs "ok". That's loads of value. Pair it with the highest current gen i3, and a sandisk ssd. Gaymen with all new parts for less than $500

That's good enough for most people

i5
8GB RAM
Cheap SSD for booting and HDD for storage (RAID1 for backup if possible)
RX480 (or R9 series)

Price for performance always has been a shit metric.

I had a huge budget for my new build so I bought a brand new 1080 FE the day it was released.

For me it was the most power I was going to get for the foreseeable future at a price point I was fine with.

Budget dictates power, if you're on a hyper limited budget then a second hand 750 is what you're stuck with.

A FX 8350 and RX 480

>black and yellow color scheme
Fucking neck yourself you disgusting ass pirate

Lol I was in that thread.
>tfw no 750ti

>Jayztwocents
>tfw I'd suck cock for that PC

Best price/perf is absolutely on the used market

i5 Sandy Bridge w/ stock hsf
any random mobo
8GB of the cheapest RAM
any HDD
any case
splurge a bit on a decent psu

Its pretty much always the graphics card that is the main question, and it depends entirely on whats for sale on the used market.

Can you find a 7900 series for about $100? Can you even find a $199 RX480? etc etc

This, Radeon HD7000 series still wrecks a console and you can buy an R9 290 if you wanna go a little faster.

Main components:
RX480@$200
X4 845@$65

This post has changed my life!
>I was about to drop three thousand dollary doos on the latest and greatest.
I know in my mind that VR is a ways off and the higher numbers are just epeen but your post was the uncognitive dissonance i required.
Thanks based user.

Damn, I wish I would have grabbed an X4 series. But I didn't think it had the power because the faggots that write system requirements always list the shit-tier FX chips.
they sure poo'd in my loo

X4 845 is a modern CPU, not an old Phenom:

anandtech.com/show/10436/amd-carrizo-tested-generational-deep-dive-athlon-x4-845

where can i learn how to build a desktop? im on pcpartpicker and i have no idea what processor goes with what graphics card. like an intel core i5 with a gtx 950 does that work? i just want a decent gaming pc

Biased and self-serving answer: Try logicalincrements for sample builds.

DISCLAIMER: I made that and am biased when recommending it.

I was considering the x880 just to fuck around learning to oc with but then those bastards at newegg had a 6600k on sale for 220

Why do you have pee in your computer?

Carey Holzman on youtube does good ( but a little long ) videos on how to build a computer.

And yeah there is logicalincrements.

>your urine looks like that
it's time to see a doctor

I'm guessing an i5 6600 w/ a GTX 1060.

Or an A8-7600 with 6950. It's out of date, but can be done for ~$160.

All second hand parts, I paid less than $300 for my system (which is pretty shitty for modern games, but I don't play many newer games and it was cheap as all hell)

AMD Phenom 9100e $5
8GB DDR2 $22
ATi Radeon R7 240 $83
HP vs17e $3
Some old Antec case $2.50
300W PSU $0.88
WD6400 640GB HDD $4.75

Base system was a Gateway DX4200-09 I got from my parents a few years ago, before that I had an HP Pavilion a1600n.

>i3 6100
8320 for the price range OP
I researched the two for about a month, went for the 8320 and I haven't had a CPU bound frame with a 290x yet.

2500k or fx6300 (maybe i3 6100)
280x or gtx960

>cheap as fuck
>sable to play most shit at good setting/decent fps

>researched the two for about a month

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-FX-8320/3511vs1983

I'm guessing you already had a mobo for the 8320 and didn't want to get a socket 1151. If not, then...

>1080 FE the day it was released.

please be bait

>driver overhead
>reccomending a 4 year old platform

x4 845 and a 950 or r7 370, $60 cpu ~$100 gpu
pcpartpicker.com/list/rp9Nqk

pcpartpicker.com/list/w48Jbj

i was rilly thinkin bout taking tha time to build something gr8 for maxing 1080p games with used parts, but wld i be stupid not to buy this tower ASAP for about 100 bucks?

crosshair IV board
amd 975 cpu
gtx 560 ti
1tb hdd
windows 7 oem :/
crucial 8gig ddr3
evga 600watt
coolermaster haf912 (kinda gross but resellable?)

like i wanted to grab a cheap used sapphire r9 290 and maybe an i5 2550k??? etc etc but this is 100 bucks

shld i get the r9 with it anyways and just use the crosshair for a new build eventually as i get parts? or are the compatible cspus too dudu

Yes, get it. 100 bucks is great.

I did a similar deal with 16gb of ram, i5 3570K, 660 ti , 350€

Never looked back, I play on it all the time and that's fucking cheap

>whats the current best price to performance computer?
ODROID-C2

yeah and itll get me back playing quick which is wht i want

but i still wanna eventually do tha 1080p thing n i keep thinking yeah is cheap but u cld just put tht towards Da Big Rig instead n get THERE quicker

but idk i guess 100 ain bad to throw away to hold me over, ill just have no use for it if i build bigger

unless tha crosshair IV wld supports sumthn congruent w the r9 which in gettin mixed opinions on, ppl say ima need a good intel chip

>wht
>tha
>u
>tht
>Da Big Rig
>n
>ain
>ill
>tha
>ppl
>ima
I hope you're not serious.

did u rly just do tht AND upload a picture

holy

Yeah exactly, and especially if some dont have a full hd display, then they should run most games really smooth. Before anyone jumps at my throats, not everyone is:
1) obsessed with graphics and wants to max out everything
2) willing to shell out 200$+ for just a graphics card, more likely so if you're a teenager and you depend on your parents.
The 750ti is simply for those looking to compromise a lot of quality just to play newer titles, yeah the 950 outperforms it but only a little, so no new value king.

Why is that computer being cooled with mustard? That can't flow very well through a pump

>R7 240
Ouch dude. I would have saved more and bought a r7 360/70

P.S: I am not including the used market here as an option, i am refering to strictly buying new

with the new cards coming out prics are gonna plummet, no reason to have a 750ti anymore

>So Sup Forums, whats the current best price to performance computer?
Probably some $2 SOC that runs laser printers.

>There are people in this thread that buy second hand electronics

LUL

i mean tha bst tht runs aaa games nerd

Agreed. More so if 1050 will be released. I wanted to point out that the 750ti is still a popular choice in both europe and usa

Enjoy ! =)

hell yeah dude noscope newbs 420 weed lmao. what's your steam tag XD

>8GB of the cheapest RAM

8GB in 2016 is too little unless you only do one thing at a time
personally I hate having to sign in and out of a million different clients so I leave them all open which is where having more than 8GB comes in handy

>G3258@4,2GHz
>750 Ti
My PC comfy, waiting for zen or a good i5

The latest games are shit anyways user.

>Founders Edition

Has to be a troll. Has to be. Even their shills were outright stating that was a cash grab as it launched. Even the youtube shills. Even Linus shill tops was like, no.

If there was a good aftermarket 1070 at msrp it would be the best card hands down.
$ per frame means shit when you have to replace the card 1-2 years earlier.

This photo is sexy, but...
there is no hard drive.

Just saying.

Used i7 sandy ($150) or i5 ivy ($100) + $200 480 or msrp 1070. Every other answer is wrong.

>8GB in 2016 is too little

>falling for the 16gb meme

>tfw [email protected] and $399 1070

feels pretty fucking good mayne

This thread is a perfect example of why price/performance is a shitty metric for computer parts. It's not completely useless, but it doesn't warrant nearly as much weight as it gets.

Price/performance is not a great metric with components.
A $200 card might give you better price/performance than a $400 one but probably 2 years down the line that expensive card would be equal to a new $200 one.
I'd rather buy the $400 and have that extra performance now for the same price. I think the best thing to do is look for the "sweet spot" card which for me is the 1070 at msrp.
Same goes for i5 vs i7 I would gladly pay $100 extra for extra performance that I'm going to enjoy for 5 years.

It depends entirely on what you mean by "performance". As this user said:
>Probably some $2 SOC that runs laser printers.

probably has the price/performance ratio in terms of integer computation.