Alright, which one of you crazy fucks is using a system with a Nvidia GPU and an AMD CPU?

Alright, which one of you crazy fucks is using a system with a Nvidia GPU and an AMD CPU?

Considering it.

Im rocking an APU at the moment. Mostly because I'm a cheap fuck but they have their benefits in that they use the extra available RAM space for memory. With the added benefit of a GPU I'll be able to use the APU along side it but I'm wondering if it will have any crossfire-esque capabilities once I do so.

Am I dreaming to big or am I retarded. I get that it will preform way worse that two gpus and a cpu but I'm wondering if I'll simply bottleneck or if buying a fuckton of ram will help push it into something decent.

I am, the card was a hand-me-down

Waiting for Zen, hopefully 4 cores 8 threats one will be a cheaper alternative to Intel.

Phenom II 965 + GTX 460 here

Even the most AMD fanboys doesn't use AMD CPUs. 85Watt Intel fucks 230Watt AMD CPU. Not the mentioning 230Watt thing is basically asking for a housefire.

I have only ever used AMD/ATI or Intel/Nvidia. It just seem like the natural way of things. I certainly hope no one who comes to Sup Forums would ever do anything other than that.

AMD CPU, Nvidia GPU and Linux KPU (Kernular Processing Unit).

Come at me.

Me

Processing power doesnt matter as much in vidya
I buy an AMD cpu+mobo and save money for a good Nvidia gpu.

Overclocked 8320e at 4.2 ghz with a 970.

I am a living meme.

Nvidia drivers have lower CPU overhead than AMD drivers, so if you've got an AMD cpu, you're often better off going with an Nvidia GPU.

Technically meeting your criteria. Here's my server.

It's just a cobbled together system from mostly free parts. The only thing I paid for was the CPU, and it was as cheap as I could get it.

Fx8320 and a 970

i7 6700k and 380x here

Alright you got me.

AMD with an Intel CPU is completely normal, especially when its required for their high end cards due to shit drivers

Well yeah it has 8 cores for dirt cheap. Gotta compromise somewhere.

Used to have a system with a GTX 970 and FX-8350 before I upgraded to a dual 980ti rig.

my nigga

FX 6300 and a GTX 960

Upgraded from an i5 3570 and GTX 650ti

3.5 is plenty, anything more is a cuck

Same rolling with a fx-8300 and a 750 oc edition cuz i got no money to upgrade to a better gpu yet

650 ti and Phenom II x4 840T here. Still runs fantastically, partly because of using GNU+Linux.

I always use AMD CPUs and every build I've ever had has my first GPU I ever bought (Quadro FX 560) along with my AMD GPU

FX-8350 and a 970 here

WHY CAN'T AMD FUCKING CAPITALIZE THE (tm)?????????????????

Reporting in

>Phenom II X6 1100T
>AMD graphics card explodes, well I'm not doing this again
>now on a GTX 660

I'm in the process of upgrading though, so this memery will come to and end soon enough

Hell-bound

I made mine out of budget parts a few years ago, the CPU is the only thing that hasn't been replaced, so whenever I do, I reckon I'll drop AMD ...

stop samefagging your retarded meme in every thread

If AMD fucks up on Vega ill have a Zen+Nvidia system
im more confident in them rebounding on CPUs

FX 6300 + 550ti, I am feeling the card becoming old.

>Hey the fx 8350 and i5 4460 are similarly priced
>This one is slightly cheaper, and has 8 cores! Wow!
>these guys on Sup Forums are full of shit, most modern games can't be THAT single threaded
That's how I got memed into an amd cpu.

>gtx 9604gb was on sale for $185
>r9 380 was about $205 at the time

It's not that hard it imagine, OP.

x4 845 aqnd a 950 here, $350 tower all in, no os or ssd though

lol okay

>>Hey the fx 8350 and i5 4460 are similarly priced
>This one is slightly cheaper, and has 8 cores! Wow!
>these guys on Sup Forums are full of shit, most modern games can't be THAT single threaded
>That's how I got memed into an amd cpu.

kek, same here, I couldn't stand the 8350 so I upgraded to a i5 4440 with a cheap Z87 motherboard a few months later, now I'm using the same motherboard with a 4690K which I got like 2 months ago.

Fx 6300 and 1070 here, just in between builds.

The bottleneck is crazy, but significantly better than my old GPU.

You kinda just sidegraded moving from 8350 to a 4440. The 4690k was probably a nice boost though if you OC it though.

I would have just stayed with the 8350 until I couldn't stand it, then make a generational upgrade, to use ddr4 and stuff. Actually that's exactly what I'm doing. Wait for Zen™