Thinking about majoring in Cyber security or Computer science and most of the jobs require a security clearance and I...

Thinking about majoring in Cyber security or Computer science and most of the jobs require a security clearance and I can't pass it because I used to smoke a lot of weed and I did acid once.. Am I fucked or what?

Maybe you shouldn't have been a fucking degenerate

Yup, I know. Is there a lot of jobs in those majors that don't require security clearances?

Well, where I live, like almost a damn half of younger people smoke weed, do acid and other drugs. So unofficially nobody really cares here about you doing drugs if you don't show up high at work or talk about it with coworkers or something like that... That's just my observation though, don't know how other countries do it.

I'm a senior in high school (18) and I need to figure out a major before I start applying and I did some research and as long as you stay clean you should be fine but I am worried that the acid will deny me entirely.

>most of the jobs require a security clearance and I can't pass it because I used to smoke a lot of weed and I did acid once.. Am I fucked or what?
Sure sounds like it, anyway you might be better off asking talking to someone in security. As opposed to the likes of us.

Well, my main point is, just don't be completely obvious junkie and you'll be fine. And either way, you'll be at Uni for like, three years, right? You'll be just fine if you stay clean during your study years, maybe even like your last year.

I'm personally a sysadmin working with Cyber security sometimes, didn't have to get any clearance though.

>security clearance
You know they cannot detect the acid, right?
Just stop using weed and in utmost 3 months you should be as new.

Your life is so sad and angry, please seek help

I dont understand, you cant pass it because you used to smoke weed and did acid once?

are you sure its not maybe because you were formally charged with a crime? that seems more likely.

What are you worried about, OP? You can just stop smoking for a while (2-6 months) and if you get drug tested you'll pass.

Be honest, are you an underage B&?

Doesn't weed pass your system in about a month and acid probably in even less time?

Majoring in most tech fields takes four years at minimum. I'm pretty sure as long as you stop using drugs now or within a month or three of starting your job/internship you will be fine.

Acid being stored in your body is a myth, its effects are the consequence of it being metabolized.

Clean record just don't know if I could pass a poly test and investigation.
Not underage. Newfag more like. I'm worried about not passing the security clearance to make a shit ton of $$$ working in a government sector.

>I used to smoke a lot of weed and I did acid once

This is almost never going to matter when you're trying to get a job, if they're simply things from your past. I may be mistaken, but I think even in the jobs where they do care (like government jobs), they only care if you currently do it or have recently done it. It's really difficult to test for these things if you haven't used them recently.

More people experiment with drugs at some point in their lives than you might think. This is totally anecdotal, but I've heard that it is VERY common in some fields of tech for people to do psychadelics. They're popular in silicon valley.

>he thinks he can go "major in cyber security" at a school

Not entirely the case. It was an example. "Being a fucktard 101"

no, just tell the truth on the polly, they dont give a fuck...

also, if you are going into a job that requires a clearence, your doing it wrong. private sector security is where tis at.

Piss tests etc dont test for lsd you are fine

People are really confused about clearances.

The point is to make sure you aren't easily blackmail and aren't tied to foreign entities that hate the US.

>tell the person doing the test everything, lying instantly disqualifies
>don't be a closet homo, be a full homo. One can be blackmailed other can't. This is even true for pedos. A pedo who has been to a therapist for years and never acted on it will pass. Someone whose later found with a cp folder will fail.
>don't have history of being reckless (debt, hard drugs,

I"m wracking my brain to figure out the site its on but there is a PUBLICLY available list of clearance denials/approvals that should give you an understanding of the process. You should be able to find it.

Oh yeah and here's a fun story that has been repeated by multiple dumbasses
>smoke weed in high school/college
>enlist
>be super smart and go for "hacker" position
>find out you get polygraphed
>freak out and come clean
>b& from military

alternatively
>recruiter tells you to not put anything down when you enlist
>know he's full of shit and covering his own ass
>admit to smoking weed regularly
>still get clearance
>get asked about it every polygraph/clearance renewal to see if your answer changes because you lied

Nope. I know people with highish security clearance who have done plenty. Main thing is to stop ~12 months before the clearance and be COMPLETELY honest.

>While it is possible to test one’s urine for LSD, the very tiny amounts involved makes detection very difficult. There is also the fact that it is rapidly removed from the body, usually within 24-48 hours.

Just stop smoking weed and only drop acid on the weekend.

Acid isnt tested for and doesnt stay in your system

Weed will be out of your system completely in a month or two if you're a fatty and smoked a lot. Some skinny guys are clean in a couple weeks.

Or get a job that doesn't suck and live the way you want to. I thought LSD was suppose to help you think outside the box.

I major in CSIS and I used to do a lot of drugs... I'm in IOP rehab for my heroin addiction. Doesn't really matter. You just think drugs give you an excuse to be a fucking idiot.