WYSIWYG babbies

>WYSIWYG babbies

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2V2AiefV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

laughing at people for being in a position you were in fewer than 5 years ago seems especially fagtastic. it's like you just learned how to tie your shoes this morning and you're already mocking people who can't.

if you're so enlightened, help people learn (La)TeX. otherwise, stop talking. eat some dicks if you need to.

>frogposter
eat shit and die

stay mad winbabbies, I've been using LaTeX and CLI for more than 20 years

I do teach people how to write latex.
I had a job as an instructor at my uni, where I helped younger students with lab assignments.
One of the things they had to do was make a report of their work, and I wrote a document for them how to write latex. (as the pdf and as the tex file).
That way they could easily see how to install and build the document.

When I didn't give them this, I got 3/25 reports which were written in latex, and when I gave them this tutorial, I got 20/25 reports written in latex.

So I would say that it is possible to "teach" people latex in one or two pages.

not a windows user. here's a question for you: what's your setup? you must have autocompletions set up and stuff to help keep you efficient (especially with bibtex and whatnot). since you're using a CLI, are you on emacs or vim?

which packages are you using?

Idk why it is about latex, but if OP meant about making websites with drag and drop methods also, I never did that shit.

do you care to share this document with people? because it's widely agreed that latex has a pretty steep learning curve, and any effective resources would probably be helpful. i don't know how to teach people latex except to give them lots of documents with boilerplate code written in already, and that's not a good way to teach anything (it's just good for getting people up and running). so i'd really appreciate an effective guide to hand people

Then you must be a pretty cool guy with a healthy social life and surrounded by love :^)

I wish I was as cool as you

slackware, tmux and emacs. I also use ConTeXt a lot

>enrol into university engineering programme
>professors use non free software on non free OS
>thesis due in 3 months time
>everyone else writes up their thesis in word
>using superior LaTeX on superior linux/gnu
>can't run autocad
>fuck non-free software mang
>spend 2 months ricing my distro
>finally get WINE working 5 days before the deadline of major thesis
>start on my thesis
>realise WINE doesn't run the software I need
>get onto the university computers and use windows and disgusting non-free software to complete my project
>1 day to go
>take computer to the library
>pull out tower and slam it on the table
>sorry
>begin writing up in glorious LaTeX
>spend hours writing all the code shit to get the document set up
>begin writing
>only one hour left
>finish with 1 minute to spare
>go to upload
>"please submit your document in .docx format"

>this was 3 years ago
>now working in mcdonalds
>mfw all the kitchen computers run on linux
>fucking plebs still using non-free software in their shitty engineering design jobs

your story involves a thesis being due in 3 months. either you're misusing the word "thesis" or you're leaving out a crucial detail where the thesis was assigned like a year or more further back, and you spend 9+ months not aware of it.

genuine question, are you autistic, like for reals?

I wrote it in danish, but I could translate it for you if you are interrested...

Please share

That would very kind, maybe there are Danish-speakers here?

It's time to use your freedoms user

Windows does have a CLI and can run LaTeX just fine.

>Caring

if you weren't such an insecure loser you wouldn't constantly be trying to prove your intelligence by praising complex methods and disparaging easier ones and everyone who ever uses them

>m-muh insecurities
not my fault you failed CS 101 mister NEET

>cli wannabe 1337 haxxorz

I translated it anyway:
It is too long to post here, so:
pastebin.com/2V2AiefV

Based user is based. Thanks.