/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NtWU5V2Mwt0
youtu.be/moiJoPvK4Yg?t=5m16s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want a watch but I'm afraid the prescribed linear measurement of time will give me anxiety especially when taking psychedelics but also sober.

This meme again?

Not a meme, I'm serious.
I had a watch once and it was depressing to look at the time too often

Meme

>linear measurement of time
So, you'd prefer an exponential measurement of time? You'd start shitting your pants around noon.

Try a solar watch or a 24hr watch to chill out dude.

Take the hands off, then it won't make any difference.

I've been hunting everywhere for somewhere to buy the Orient Bambino v3 from (with white face/silver trim). But these watches are sold out everywhere!

I've checked Long Island Watch, Sky Watches, Watch Direct, Duty Free Island Watch and eBay. It's on Amazon, but the price is ridiculous!

Help me, /wt/!

I quite like the look of the blue dial..I feel it would dress very well.

I wouldn't bother with bamboonis when SARB033, 035 or 017 are available for only about 330

>in house movement
>hacking and handwinding
>100m water resistance
>sapphire crystal
>made in japan

strap is custom, it comes on a bracelet

Afaik they get released in batches. So if those websites have a 'notify me when this watch becomes available' button, you may want to use it in this case.

anyone here with this watch? SARX015

can you please post some rl pics? also where can I order it?

seiyajapan is the best place to order from

My mother made fun of me for spending my allowance on this clock radio at age 13

Here it still is, 15 years later.

thank you! it is a good watch, right? are there any better models for that price?

It's great for the price, yes. Check out SARG and SARB series as well. They're a little less expensive but have flimsier bracelets.

To the user asking about my Venus, it's a ETA 2789 movement. If you google it you'll find lots of them.

Also serial number on the caseback is 97.38.01

Plz no bully

Sup Forums plz help!

My watch has a 24 hour reference sub-dial, today I was looking at it and noticed that the bezel is divided in to 30 notches see pic related.

Is there a reason for this or is the watchmaker just a fucking retard?

I'm sorry but it's ug... not pretty. and those screws... my god

what does it do?

My dad sent me a wristshot today, hes turning into a watchfag.
perhaps Someday he'll start buying me watches instead of the other way around lel

Fuck you. Jellin

this is the watch

fashion watch things

Still consider this the most beautiful Sportura of them all.

Watchmaker went full retard on that one.

Looks like the major ticks represent 4 hour groupings. But in that case it should say 24 on top and 6 (not 8) on the right and 12 and 18 in the other positions. The way it is now, it's clearly indicating that 8 is 1/2 in between 0 and 12.

But rotary doesn't make watches, their Chinese business partners do, and rotary sells them.

it does say 6 on the right photo just looks wrong

the major ticks are every 5 and the 6 and the 18 are both halfway between two ticks

Bought my first expensive watch (Rolex) recently. A week later it was stolen. fml

Don't feel like buying another watch ever again.

or one-handed

desu that's why I bought it, my other watch is a memeshock which I wear for work

but the bambino is like $100

If there were 3 ticks between each major it would make sense, or 6 of them to track half hours. 4 doesn't make much sense.

You could always email them and ask.

stolen from your wrist? what the fuck did you do?

thug life

House was broken in to. My first burglary ever. Thieving cunts, I hope they get cancer.

The timing seems very suspicious so I even suspect it was someone I know.

What does Sup Forums think of this watch?

Bulovas are OK. Two-tone watches are nigger tier though, should have gone with all plain steel.

Can't find a place to buy a SARX019 in EU, goddamnit. I know it's discontinued but still..

I have the white version (013), it looks alright but my citizen grand classic shits all over it for only a small amount more. I can post some pictures when I'm done with work if the other guy who owns one doesn't beat me to it. Unless you really like the design it's not worth the $100 premium over a sarb.

two-tone sub homage quartz chrono with date at 4:30? yeah that's a great watch

>but my citizen grand classic shits all over it
why

also pls post pics of both

His citizen grand classic is ugly.

Finishing, bracelet quality, AR coating.

Get insurance on your expensive shit.

I got some specifically for my watches and muh wifes ring.

Jewelers Mutual

Why is Archie so based?

youtu.be/NtWU5V2Mwt0

>who is tgv?
>From the sophistication, prestige and heritage of the British establishment to the rich dolce vita of gritty, working class neighbourhoods of Italian tenements, TGV has had access to two exciting and polar opposite worlds. This has given TGV a truly unique insight and refreshing outlook on life, style and culture.

>THE URBAN GENTRY IS A lifestyle, horology and a culture channel inspired by the loves and passions of its host TGV.

>Known affectionately by his closest fans as "The Governor", TGV was born in London, the son of a British aristocrat and an Italian doctor. He was raised in both countries and has traveled extensively to many exciting international cities. While studying in Florence, Italy, he fell in love with a New Yorker, and subsequently moved to New York City where he currently resides and works in music, film production and audio engineering.

>The Viewers SPEAK
>"TGV is a breath of fresh air in genre overflowing with snobbery, vulgarity and industry bias. A man among men and the perfect example of a truly cultured international gentleman for the 21st century".

I swear I wanted to do a "Buongiorno my name is Don TGV" version of the Ken-Sama pasta, but I can't compare to real life.

Last thread I asked about Braun watches and someone said they're overpriced and to get a Stowa Antea instead. But afaict a simple braun watch is 130 eurodollars while stowa antea starts at 850. Damn good looking watch tho.

Why do you all like him so much? He's unwatchable.

Don't you think it's strange how square and rectangular watches often look feminine, even though it's arguably a more manly shape than round?

SARX015 or ...?

Round cases/movements are literally better, a square watch that's not absolute dogshit will cost more to own and maintain than a round one. Women generally don't care if their expensive watch is dogshit by design as long as it gets them social life point.

>premature ageing
>fat
>loud
>terrible quality video and audio
>obnoxious
>repulsive

I've never sat through more than a minute of that living, breathing turd.

>square watch that's not absolute dogshit will cost more to own and maintain than a round one.

why?

second gw5000 arriving today. I want to put it on a different strap.
Besides combi-bracelet or nato-adapters, what other options are there?

>second gw5000

You could have used the money you spent on both on a real watch.

GW5000s are fantastic watches.

I just ordered pic related. Opinions?

Well the mechanism to extend the hands all the way into the corners is pretty brittle.

Never had one myself but from what I've read it's a great watch for the money. Post some pictures when you get it user.

I'm wondering if that watch is handwind only or if it has a system that uses the power generated by the movement of your arms to wind it. Anyone know where I could get that information?

I have several watches both japanese and swiss, mostly mechanical, but I love these g-shocks as well. I'd consider all to be real watches.

why don't you post your watches instead of being a sourpuss.

Crystals will be more expensive to manufacture or replace. Water sealing will be trickier. Manufacturer either has to develop/source a rectangular movement or put in a tiny round one with a huge spacer.

Pretty sure the AUTOMATIC is pretty well visible.

You can't, virtually nothing is known about Seiko's AUTOMATIC line.

>real watch
post yours faggot.

I have many watches; jap, swiss, mechanical, quartz. these g-shocks are excellent and i got the second for a deal I couldn't pass up.

So what's the opinion on Tissot Le Locle?

It's fine. They put some effort into that watch, more than they usually do.

It's not super impressive in terms of the aesthetic design and finish, but it's a solid timekeeper.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

thanks user, afding it to my shopping list. will probably comw with a goofy poljot

Not as old as a tripfagging shitlord. :^)

It just reminds me of the SARX019 and since it's discontinued I can't find it anywhere without overpaying by a fair bit. If only I knew about it before.

but the seiko has an enamel dial

Yeah, I know it's not really the same dial. I just want to moan about not knowing about it before it got discontinued. Found about two sellers in EU and both would end i huge overpay.

y/n?

nd y?

ty xx

Yes, that watch is gorgeous

cheaper

If there's a version with blued hands / indexes I'd rather have that, but that's okay too.

Yes
Also you should spend the extra to get it modified to pure hand wind.

Cheap men's Aqua Terra.
Not saying its a bad watch, just a cheaper variant of a good watch. I would pick it up if I liked the looks and can't afford an AT.

those are costs of making, not maintainance

Do any of you have the /wt/ buyers guide for watches in the $3k-$10k range?

How tacky am I to wear this?

That's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself for owing it.

pretty tacky mane

Yea here you go

Are you memeing or did you post the wrong image ?

>you're in the club with your girl
>you hear somebody smack your girl's ass
>turn around
>see this (video related)
What do you do?

youtu.be/moiJoPvK4Yg?t=5m16s

Creation Watches have the middle 3 in stock.

As long as it has an ETA28xx and not their new low cost plastic movements, a pretty good value. However, the only similarities I see from the SARX019 is the white dial and Roman numerals.

The definition of a trust fund hipster. Only thing missing is the Brooklyn address (instead of Queens).

>pure hand-wind

stahp

>Hipster are buying up all the entry level JDM/ex-JDM automatics and driving up the price on the secondary market due to stock shortage.
Should have fallen for the meme 6 months ago to cash in now, instead of blowing my budget on ze Germans.

get landmines... lel
for expensive stuff wall safe
in what shit hole do you live user ?