Ricing my Linux like some people said I couldn't

Ricing my Linux like some people said I couldn't.
What do you think? What else should I do?
Installed theme, and icons.

And while we are at it, Linux desktop thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/S55488184#p55502261
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What do you think? What else should I do?

Remove Unity meme maybe?

I wouldn't mind. I have noticed that it's kinda slow, I taught Linux would be faster.

>thread is kill

Holy shit OP I've never ever seen numix before in my life

And look at that firefox skin god

damn

where is firefox? hahaha

it will be if you use the network installer from ubuntu.com instead of the default one

Naw man, I installed Linux for the first time last night and a lot of people were hating because I was having trouble installing Chrome.
They said I was a tard and wouldn't be able to rice, and this is to prove that I would.

Can I change it now? Without having to reinstall?

you could try

the net install is basically automatic like the gui one, the only thing you may want to do is partitioning, after the install process you download what you want, like i3 chromium pcmanfm and such
so you could just do $ sudo apt install i3 (or openbox) .for example which will be a lot faster and slimmer than unity, however idk what will still be running from the default installation

I downloaded Cinnamon but I noticed that I didn't have all the shit that I did to Unity to rice, would I have to do that over?

Also, I like the idea of installing i3, would I keep my themes and icon packs?
And what do you mean by what will still be running?

nice work

yep, if it's on your system it should be available

background services that may not be necessary

see here rbt.asia/g/thread/S55488184#p55502261
don't mind the fonts

Thank you. Should I replace Unity with something else? I noticed that it isn't the fastest.

SO if I installed i3 it would run with other shit in the background and make it consume more RAM?
Also i'm a Linux noob, so what is exactly i3, or openbox.

probably

>what is exactly i3, or openbox.
see youtube

Mate since Unity Tweak Tool is used for ricing unity what would I use to rice Cinnamon for example?

Fastest is no gui
Next is using a lightweight WM and writing your own desktop session
Then you have a full experience DEs such as Unity, Gnome, KDE with the cost of baggage, unwanted daemons and programs in memory.

I see, I would like to have a GUI and desktop and shit, so I guess i'll stay away from i3.

Do you think Cinnamon is more lightweight than Unity?

cinnamon should have it's own settings manager (applying probably only to gtk as almost all DEs)
in general (no de) for gtk you can use lxappearance, qt4 is configured with qtconfig, qt5 with qt5ct

Confused lol

yes

the most lightweight would be LXDE but on ubuntu it may not be a bit different

or LXQt

I think my slowdown was fixed by using the Nvidia drivers, instead of the open source drivers.

I only have one issue with Ubuntu and once I fix it I will be a happy man.

jwm user. jwm. Your desktop looks like shit.

I don't think so.