anyone running this? how is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

opensource.apple.com/
opensource.apple.com/static/iso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

installed it on my windows

mad, exe doesnt work

everything is backwards

I think it's a step up from El Capitan but it still needs a lot of work still, I recommend to wait to install it, still lots of bugs currently.

they need to fix this exe bug

>still

>that font rendering
we windows now

Sierra is in public beta? I thought it was still in developer preview

yeah usually the developer preview becomes the next public beta, so it goes devs -> public -> release

XDDDDDDDD

Right but I thought it was still in developer preview and not yet a public beta

I'm in the beta program and don't see an update available

My sound card still doesn't work on hackintosh unfortunately.

And no I'm not fucking using onboard jesus christ

How autistic are you?

Sometimes man has to make sacrifices

>how is it?
proprietary

It's on public beta 2 right now. You must be not looking hard enough.

I'm on it

Feels good man

Install wine, you faggot.

You were in the El Capitan one, go to beta.apple.com and sign yourself up.

>implying

opensource.apple.com/

Sure, show me the source code for mail.app which is under any open source licence

>tfw nobody makes Darwin distros anymore

>You were in the El Capitan one, go to beta.apple.com and sign yourself up
There aren't programs for the different OS releases. It's just the "Apple Beta Software Program"
I was signed up well before El Capitan and didn't need to renew it or resignup anything

Disgusting

I love the faster animation when changing between desktops and tabs for Texedit. (tabs seem broken with LibreOffice or Word for now)

Otherwise it's basically Le Capitan with Siri (not that I use it) and some belated shit to manage the storage, which is pretty nice.

Runs pretty well and battery life seems unaffected but my Macbook gets hotter more often.

>1983
How the fuck are you running Sierra on a computer from 1983?

What? Why stop using a peripheral? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

>belated shit to manage the storage, which is pretty nice.

care to eloborate further? If I have 100 GB of sound effects, and most of it are not used regularly, will the oldest used ones get sent to The Cloud(tm)?

Mavericks mate, not Sierra.

>will the oldest used ones get sent to The Cloud(tm)?
That's what I thought too but the description only says that it sends shit like watched iTunes movies there. Perhaps because it's a Beta or my version got cucked. I read on Anandtech that they even free up space from unused system parts like languages and it doesn't take from your cloud storage ... but didn't see any effect yet.

I meant rather the stuff to manage/delete apps, duplicate/big files and the likes; also auto deleting trash. Basically all the stuff that needed an extra app. It's nothing special really, simply a tiny bit more convenient.

that's actually nice if it stays that way. Thanks user

why does your font rendering look so shit? It's worse than on windows and that's bad.

So far:

>heat issue
>graphic issues (fragmentation)
>DisableMonitor not working anymore
>Office 2016 crashes when opening the ribbon options section (not sure if its Sierra related)
>keyboardservice crashes frequently

But everything else works like a charm and it is notably fast than El Capitan.

The new features are pretty underwhelming sadly.

have you expanded the picture fully? are you baiting?

Looks fine to me

has safari finally got favicons again?
This shit is ridiculous- whose idea was it to get rid of fucking favicons?

Any other problems with apps or utilities not working? Does homebrew still work fine?

>that shadows
learn how to screenshot properly faggot

Why the hell did you decrease the color depth in that picture?

That's how OS X takes screenshots of windows by default. I don't see what's wrong with it.

were there any even made?
Where can I get the latest iso of the most popular Darwin distro?

opensource.apple.com/static/iso/

The only problem i've had is that videos from any website seem to make me relog back in.

It didn't work with brew so I went back to Lel Captain.

>how is it?
gay af

It killed my old macbook. It was 5.5 years old but still I didn't want to have to buy a new computer.
Won't even let me install from Internet recovery anymore.

>He cant afford macos and has to pretend.

Anyone know what models it will support when it releases? Will it work on a Early 2008 iMac upgraded to 4GB of RAM?

Won't work on the iMac

don't use it if you have 8 gigs of ram or less and your computer has a hard drive.
el cap ran fine on my 2013 imac, but sierra destroys my ram and makes the machine unusable.

I am not running it, but saw it on a Mac-fag's MacBook Pro with Sleep Wake Failure.

Surprised to see how Apple are stripping down Utility Apps such as Disk Utility (consistent from El Capitan for now but noticed a few differences) and Console.

The stripping issue with Console app made viewing error logs difficult and had to use find to get to the location where the logs are saved (inb4 Terminal fags).

Apple don't appear to have implemented their new file system with the beta yet and the file system is consistent with current and previous gen Mac OS releases.

>Apple don't appear to have implemented their new file system with the beta yet
That will happen somewhere in 2017.

Hard drive is the problem I take. No issues with my Macbook 12 that has 8gig of RAM.

it's ram usage getting absolutely destroyed when I try to do anything. (and I'm a power user)
and my imac can do a hell of a lot more than a macbook macbook can.

will install if/once the RX 480 gets confirmed to work on it and of course once I buy the rx 480.

there is no real other reason to try it out for me, le capitan works fine.

underrated

Well, we're different kinds of users most likely, but RAM usage is pretty much identical for me. 40+ tabs in Safari, couple office documents open and even though iTunes takes 1.3gig (although 800mb are compressed) the memory pressure indicator isn't even half full and it runs as well as before.

Maybe it's not optimized for the iMacs yet but from what I heard HDDs are generally pretty annoying since Yosemite, so bit surprised that El Cap run fine for you.

They added upon Disk Utility with Sierra.

Me
It's okayish. I've got this problem where Safari is the only browser working properly and not eating all my RAM and CPU now though, didn't happen in El Cap.
Also battery is shit now for me too.

Still garbage, just like everything Apple shits out.

i want to buy a mac Sup Forums air or pro?

Air is obsolete shit because of the low res screen and should only be considered if your budget is fucking tight, even then I'd rather go with a refurbished Pro.

rMBP is the best option.

buggy

so far everything seems to work just fine on my 2015 mbp 13

>tfw early 2009 imac

goodbye OS X

hello Linux

XPS13

same

hackintosh poorfag tier

This is the gayest thing i've head

>macOS
>shit font rendering
triggered

i like os x more than windows 10

Is dark mode system wide yet or at least on first party apps (Safari, Finder, etc.)?

much smoother/faster than Yosemite, and it's a beta.
the PIP feature is godtier
can't wait for APFS

Note to Karabiner users: it doesn't work on Sierra unfortunately.

>AFS
>ZFS BTFO

>much smoother/faster than Yosemite
Well yeah, so was El Capitan. Compare it to the last release instead of two releases ago

oh shit I absolutely forgot about El Capitan.

yeah it's better than it as well.