Why do we even need a closed computer case?

Why do we even need a closed computer case?

Hardware performs a lot better in open rigs.

Basically half the reason I own one of these. I don't even do water cooling right now.

dust

To stop things getting in the whirly and sensitive things.

wouldn't a very thin mesh (metal, or cloth even) be enough to stop dust?

My temperatures are lower when the sidepanel is on. It's not like there's a fan on the sidepanel or anything. It's just a window.

not talking about removing just the side panel. that would ruin the air flow of a mostly closed system. talking about something like:

Noise

No, the best that could happen is getting dust in between the mesh which is pain to clean.
If you sneezed while facing your mesh-case, the components would get wet. It's shitty idea.

Open case collects less dust than even most filtered ones. A closed case is a literal dust trap. You are vacuuming up dozens of cubic feet every minute and sending it into your case for the dust to fall out.

>if you sneezed while facing your mesh-case, the components would get wet
wtf? how the fuck do you sneeze, you gross fuck

Normally with your eyes closed as you expel most of the air in your lungs.

How the fuck do you think the droplet infections work you retard?

>not covering your mouth
you people are fucking gross. probably americans

You're retarded. If you have a positive pressure system and good design you can even use no filters and barely get any dust. You suck at air cooling.

Why don't we have cases that support fans on it's entire area then? Except it exists and it only gives you a 2C temperature drop over a regular case.
Then dust will get into heatsinks more easily, which doesn't help with performance.
>sneezed while facing your mesh-case
How much of a spastic do you have to be to not see your sneezes coming, putting your hand in front of your face and point to a better suited direction to sneeze to?

not him, but please tell me more. how do I into open case without dust

Yeah, covering your mouth with hand is going to stop all the moisture.
And droplet infections spread even better if you sneeze in your hand and then touch something.

>they'll all end up in muh case
you're a retard

Thanks for the info, next time I'll just sneeze all over my screen, my keyboard and everything else as well.

Scary thing is there are countless people like you that are this fucking stupid. Neck yourself, your gene pool is severely retarded.

noise dust heat

>heat
>open build
are you stupid?

with a good case and well designed airflow you would have lower temps actually

also noise, dust, EMI

A while ago I had a Litecoin mining rig running in a milk crate, which worked fine until someone spilled an entire bag of dry cat food into it. Naked electronics are fragile.

>human retardation has anything to do with case
the problem is that "someone", not the case

I agree, but mishaps happen unless you control all access to the room your open computer is in, which then effectively becomes your case.

Bites za dusto

Because of that some people sneeze into their elbow. So air and hands stay clean.

Little kids and stupid adults.
>"ohh this doesn't look right letme fixit for him"
*BZZZZ*
>"oh it just stopped working user"

>having kids and other people in your room
what are you? a fag?

I would love to have a open test bench.