Xposed Framework

What's up Sup Forums?

So, i have this rooted device and i want to spice things up installing xposed framework but no place ever answers my questions.

So here they are:

Do i MUST have a custom recovery in order to install xposed?

I have a 5.0 android device. What are the risks in briking it?

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk21/arm/xposed-v86-sdk21-arm.zip
forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>a 5.0 android device

Yes, the xposed framework isn't built to be installed via stock recovery.

Yes you need a custom recovery to flash Xposed.

Bricking it? Don't know really. My installations run smoothly.

If you're rooted you could use FlashFire to flash the Xposed framework

Even if my device is not a famous one? I mean, i barely found a guide on how to root it...

No need for flashing from recovery, just press the damn "Install" button and that's all. At least, it worked like that on 4.4.4 and earlier.

Just make sure the framework is compatible. XDA developers would be the best place to look honestly.

Ever since Android went to ART, you have to use a custom recovery to write certain files as part of the Xposed install. For every Android version Lollipop and newer, you have to do it that way.

Yeah, that's what i've read out there. Now two places telling me two different things.

Can you tell if the Flashfire way may work?

There is a ton of outdated info out there, and some of it is wrong. Here's the dev's official thread if you want to do some reading:

>forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

tl;dr: Android 5.0 and newer use ART. You have to use a custom recovery to flash part of the installation. After you do this, you still have to install the actual Xposed package, which is part of the interface you use to apply modules.

Yeah, it supports a very wide range of devices.

What phone do you have, by the way?

If you're on lollipop (5.0 and above) you need to flash a zip file through your recovery, and then install the app. Don't know why, but that's how it works now.

You basically need to get this
>dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk21/arm/xposed-v86-sdk21-arm.zip (for 5.0 Lollipop)
and
>forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440

Flash the zip through your recovery, then install that app, and you should have a successful xposed install.

How can i look forward to that? I'm kind of lost...

What phone do you have, lad? Tell me already, man.

LG D337 (Lollipop 5.0.1)

Oh, as long as it's not a samsung (you have to use a fork of it if you have a Samsung)..this should work. Do you have some kind of recovery installed right now?

No. Tutorials i found on how to flash a custom recovery where extremely rare. I only found a bunch from my country, but the thing was that in the last part of the guides, it changes. The last part told to hold some phisical buttons on the device and the guides differ. I was scared so i didn't flash anything.

Can you tell if that Flashfare thing may work?

Fuck.

I thought I had finally found something legit, but only to find that the link was dead.

Oh, and I've never used that Flashfire app, it's quite recent.

What exactly differs in the guides you've read? You do have to press a couple of buttons to enter the recovery after you've installed it..

LG L Prime=LG Bello in other countries. Follow the guides for the Bello.

Ikr. But still, lack of guides/tuts.

Exactly that. One guide said "hold power and volume-", but, another is said to hold both volume buttons. Since i've read a lot of comments lile "i bricked tha phone thx kek" it scared the shit out of me.

What i want is just aesthetic, it's something i can live without. But as the guides differ, i couldn't trust one. Can't have the possibility of brick right now.

Do you know something about the button stuff?

You can just try both combinations .It's not pressing the wrong buttons will brick your phone.

anyway, I gotta go now, it's really fucking late here

So what bricked other people's phone?
At first i thought the combinations did, reason i didn't go forward.

Yes, you need custom recovery. Will you brick it? No, probably not. You might get a boot loop if you're unlucky or if you've installed the incorrect version. But that's why you have a custom recovery and backups to restore from. If you have a Samsung device running LP+, don't bother messing with Xposed.

installing random roms/recoveries could brick your phone.
I once deleted the nvram partition using a dubious chinese zip for reformatting the device, sim doesn't work as it doesn't have an IMEI anymore
just do a backup before and you should be golden

try it first without flashing, on some devices it works. a friend of mine just did it a few days ago on his xperia z with 5.1.1 and it worked, for me it didnt however, z 1 compact

Thanks everyone. Getting some serious knowledge in here.

Also i thought boot loop was a kind of brick...

Can anobody tell for what gearbox should work in an attempt of installing xposed? I watched a guide on Youtube once on how to install it without flashing a CR and the guy used gearbox. Although he didn't say what gearbox was for.

Busybox*