Why don`t they make a CPU with a integrated heat sink? No more hassles with thermal paste that way

Why don`t they make a CPU with a integrated heat sink? No more hassles with thermal paste that way.

Because stock coolers are shit, and thermal paste isn't a hassle.

>stock coolers are shit

They just werk. Integrated heat sinks would mean a complete redesign anyway.

>thermal paste isn't a hassle.

Yes it is

You're dumb

Because we integrated watercooling now

NO U

Does the piping go through the other side?

They don't work well though. Integrated heatsinks make no sense considering current mb design and would be inefficient for overclocking.

Thermal paste is as easy as putting toothpaste on a brush, don't be a moron.

Yes, obviously.

Why even allow for anything to be swapped in and out at will?

It just opens up the system to problems the manufacturer didn't predict.

Obviously all computers should be non-serviceable pre-mades

user if thermal paste is that much of a challenge to you, maybe you should just buy an Xbox and an iPad and leave us alone

>No more hassles with thermal paste that way.
How the fuck is it hassle? You pretty much can't fuck this up in case you managed to put some amount of it on about the right spot.

Anything can be swapped out if you know how to solder.

20 jars of Hellmann's have been sent to your address.

To be fair most laptops and non-cpu-upgradeable pcs (like most macs) do have an integrated cooler, I know it was installed in the factory in the same way we install our own ones but in the end it's still a bespoke cooler for that specific case, configuration and targeted thermal load. There's possible gains to be made by making the integrated heat spreader on the cpu directly attached to the cooler but that removes a lot of repairability which increases RMA costs for manufacturers. In the end it's easier to just use a thermal paste contact point and up-spec the cooling design a few watts.

They used to.

Thanks rebbit

Form factor, CPUs go into thousands of different cases, some large some small. Not all cases would fit a standard heat sync.

PC manufacturers would hate that.

I wish I had photoshop at the ready just to point out how stupid this concept is.

>thermal paste
>hassle

Buncha lazy neckbeards up in here.

So nobody is gonna point this out?

>OH_SHIT_THE_FAN_DIED.jpg

YES thank you for posting pentium2, user!
God, look at that sexy design. Why did intel move away from this architecture? Fuck ZIF, LGA, etc. This was the way.

I guess you hate performance.

Those chips would never reach the clock speeds of modern chips even with modern manufacturing techniques. You need way more pins and heatsinks than those can support.

*bigger heatsinks

Grow up.

A combination of costs and the fact that if a heatsink's attached directly to a CPU, there's a chance that sudden movements would tear it apart. Vapor chamber IHSs are the future tho.

No, they didn't. Even in SECC1/2 the heatsink was separate.

And fuck you too. SECC was NOT the way. It was a stop gap between moving the L2 cache off the motherboard, and moving it on-die, without being fuck-expensive (PPRO200/1M, for example)

you guys dont know shit about cooling

Do you really need all that for Raspberry Pi though?

Now were cooling

I would really like to see a vapor chamber instead of a heat spreader on contact with the die.