Worst Tech Company

What is the worst tech company and why is it AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0
ycharts.com/companies/AMD/net_income_ttm
seekingalpha.com/article/3990980-amds-turnaround-continues-critics-shorts-head-exits
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>t. buttblasted nvidiot who was watching the livestream

Face it. AMD is making its comeback. And there is nothing that irritates you more than realising you 970 will never be good. Eat shit.

Just switch to ARM already.

>amd is making a comeback

>on life support
>comeback

To the moon!

>lifesupport

Looks like they're doing fine.

wHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT LOOKING AT THE LIVE STREAM! YOU MISSED A LOT

youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0

thier marketshare is tiny

top kek, pic related

>not looking at the percentage

Literally no one said they were doing better than Nvidia. But they're not dying anymore. It's been a pretty good year for them so far. They're better off now than they used to be.

AMD stops bleeding money and suddenly their stock triples.

Sounds like its going up based on feelings and not financials.

holy shit, I need to get on the AMD gravy train

They're getting crushed by nvidia and bleeding money every year. Soon we won't have to deal with annoying AMD fanboys anymore because they'll be gone.

Right. Because a monopoly is so great for the market.

I don't understand. Why would NVIDIA fans want AMD to fail? I myself prefer NVIDIA and Intel but I want AMD to do well. If AMD is succeeds then that drives NVIDIA to be competitive with both their pricing and R&D. The consumer benefits here. So why the blind fanboyism?

yes, yes goy. AMD is bad. don't buy that inferior equipment, spend a little more for quality intel and nvidia products

Better than having to deal with shitty AMD products

Intel supports Feminist Frequency.

Fuck off, shill

AMD isn't the worst tech company by a good margin.

They haven't been doing so hot since post-K8 era though. Intel's superior fab tech and R&D resources has effectively sweep AMD away from the lucrative CPU markets (HPC, Professional and Ethusiast).

It isn't as a bad on the GPU front-end through. Nvidia is winning mostly on brand-name that they won during early 2000s in the post 3DFx demise-era. Not so much on design and R&D resources. Nvidia is focusing more on markets beyond silly "gayming" though.

nvidia fans wouldn't want amd to fail, but nvidia shills would

You aren't seeing fanboys posting, you're seeing actual paid shills posting

>It's another AMD thread
We get it, your mom gave you money for a really good PC and you managed to buy a 1070/1080. We don't need a thread expressing your discontent for AMD every 1 hour.

they make too much money from consoles alone, nvidia can only make shitty ARM SOC's that nobody wants so they put them in literal toasters.

AMD has great tech and great standards. APU with HSA is better than pricey Intel Iris graphics. The money they make from consoles alone keeps them alive and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

Bleeding money, AMD is actually making money and this is not including the RX480 sales.

Also this thread it bait, laters.

Notice how their income has been negative for years

>when you realize that AMD is just a joint venture between Intel and nVidia to make it appear like they don't have monopolies in their respective markets

>when you realize the AMD fanboys are actually helping to keep Intel and Nvidia in power

post proof

OP is just cherry picking, on a YOY basis they have't made money in like 5 years now.

But im sure you could find some quarter in there where through some goodwill/sale/other deal they made money for that quarter.

>tfw you will never be dumb enough to know the pure joy of owning an amd product

Are you saying after the release a product their value goes up damn what a shocker

AMD is dripping in bitches

They are just incompetent. That doesn't make them the worst.

For example see Creative, who literally sued their competitors with bogus claims until they were bankrupt, then bought up their intellectual property for pennies, until they had no competitors left - and then released cards with buggy hardware and drivers so bloated that they were borderline unstable.

There's also Intel who is abusing their monopoly left and right to keep in the first position. Apple also did a lot of antitrust crap, like fixing prices with their competitors.

AMD is pretty cool by comparison - if they could only pull off a real product, and give it proper support (they are always missing one or the other).

>Notice how their income has been negative for years

Notice how they had literally no real new products for almost 4 years, just respins of old APUs and rebranding of GCN gpus.

POST PROOFS

> "I would rather pay thousands of bucks for a slightly better graphics card, than have a cheaper alternative on the market"

AMD's average income has been NEGATIVE 405 MILLION the past 5 years

AMD cards are garbage. They'd have to pay me to use them.

Nice, they've already recouped 15% of that in a single quarter this year, and that's without taking into account 480, zen, or 490 sales

AMD is in all game consoles, unless you are PC master race you like AMD

>negative income is nice

The worst part of AMD is definitely the ridiculous fan boys.

You underlined the wrong part of the image; it's their NET income that's in the black this quarter which is a very rare occurrence for AMD lately. I don't think you can spin one good quarter as proof of some miraculous comeback considering how much money they've lost over the last few years, but it's definitely a good start. I really don't want Nvidia to be the only game in town. Nobody should want that. Look at how they're acting NOW, when they actually do have competition (more or less).

I don't know if you guys are trolling or not, but it's public records and it takes five seconds to google.
ycharts.com/companies/AMD/net_income_ttm
(the website's annoying but you can still see the data)

AMD's net income since 2004 has been about negative 30 billion dollars.

That's their average loss, not their total loss. In total they've lost about $8 billion USD over the last 5 years.

>shilling this hard

>AMD's net income since 2004 has been about negative 30 billion dollars.

ded company. rip in pepperonis.

Whatever faggot... I'll be over here making money.

Better sell quick before it all goes under

seekingalpha.com/article/3990980-amds-turnaround-continues-critics-shorts-head-exits

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

Kyla was right one verything.

APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW AMD SHILLS.

>amd literally ran ati into the ground
radeon has been losing market share since amd bought ati

Seriously we need to bring ATI back

The amount of buthurt Nvidia fan posts is to damn high!

That's not what those charts are suggesting actually, those are quarterly losses. AMD's only lost about 2 billion since 2011, and only about $8 billion over the last ten years. Not great, but not terrible either.

Nvidia and Intel probably both follow the same pattern where they lost money for years then make it back with one good quarter, I bet.

I have an automated order to sell at $10, which is easily reachable given the apparent success of Poolaris, the AMD-powered consoles on the horizon, and the indications that Zen shouldn't disappoint.

AMD is also working on numerous licensing deals behind the scenes which will generate a pile of regular income.

hahaha, he gets his investment news from a gamer faggot website.

>lost $8 billion over the last ten years
>not terrible

The new AMD gpus are blue like Intel instead of red
Kyle was right.

I am neither an nvidia fan or a shill and I wouldn't give a rats ass about AMD failing. Whether they fail or succeed is up to them delivering a decent product instead of deceptive marketing.

AMD has been out of the CPU market for years, and life still goes on.

>>It's another AMD thread
>We get it, your mom gave you money for a really good PC and you managed to buy a 1070/1080. We don't need a thread expressing your discontent for AMD every 1 hour.

It's called having a job of your own you fucking NEET. Go back to saving your gbp for a 480.

Whatever man
dont you ever get tired of posting about AMD? Or is Nvidia paying too much for you to resist?

Nvidia's average net income last 5 years: 144.52 Million

Intel's average net income last 5 years: 11.12 Billion

AMD's average net income last 5 years: NEGATIVE 405.25 MILLION

Looking at past performance is fallacious. A great many companies have gone from single digit stock prices and near bankruptcy back to profitability. The obvious example is Apple, but there are many if you take the time to look. Past performance is no indicator of the future, especially given changes in management.

Everyone agrees that Rory Read is a fucking idiot, and nearly buried AMD by placing too much focus on ARM server chips, ignoring both x86 and graphics in the process. The current management team is desperately trying to undo his fucking mess, and they're doing a good job so far.

is AMD literally a cult?

Pretty much. Look at the AMD reddit if you want to see some really scary stuff. AMD fanboys are some of the most awful people you will ever encounter.

>Every 20 minutes Sup Forums gets a "LOL AMD SUX" thread
>wow those damn AMD fanboys aw geez

You consumerfags yourselves are cancer

>and life still goes on.

Yes, life that costs $1,700 for flagship parts. Wonderful.

Even if I'm not a customer of theirs, I would wish them to do well because it drives prices down.

>What is the worst tech company and why is it one of the best tech companies in the world, that I just happen to prefer a little less than another company?
-_-

Don't even try to talk sense to these "the world would be better if AMD finally just went out of business" people.

I didn't know that flagship parts were the only viable parts. I bet your computer costs over 5 grand.

Either way, I still don't care how well they do. They either sell a product that I want or they don't. The last time they sold a product I wanted was when they released Athlon 64.
They are not magically gonna start doing well because I want them to do well. They are going to start doing well only when they start selling product that I (and other people) want. Which they aren't doing.

I'd gladly pay thousands of dollars just to make the awful AMD fanboys shut up.

> I bet your computer costs over 5 grand.
yours doesn't?

you're not a europoor are you?

No it doesn't. My processor has a retail price tag of 1800 dollars tho if that matters.

do you even play video games faggot?

>I bet your computer costs over 5 grand.

Indeed it does. Shelling out for a 5960X with all the trappings was painful, and I'd really rather not repeat that experience, which is why I'm honestly hoping Zen is equally powerful at a lower price point.

>(and other people)

Oh so now you speak for other people? Are you arbiter for the majority or something?

It would behoove you to admit that neither of us represent the majority, and therefore our say is largely irrelevant.

>They are going to start doing well only when they start selling product that I (and other people) want. Which they aren't doing.

Have you read anything posted in this entire thread or are you content just being an ignorant meme spouting retard? Don't even answer. Just kys.

I play Va-11 Hall-A a few times a week.

I am not speaking for other people, I'm making an observation. I'd expect someone who can afford a 5960X to be at least literate.

I'm saying that AMD isn't selling a product that people want and that is objectively proven if you observe their market-share of both graphics cards and CPUs. How do you even argue against this? AMD would be raking in money if they were making a good product.

>tfw ill never waste a cent on a nvidia product

Feels good man

>AMD would be raking in money if they were making a good product.

Yep that's the sad truth. I don't understand how people can be rooting for a company that just keeps making subpar products.

The worst part about AMD is that they used to be good. Every time they release a new CPU, a part of me hopes that this will be the year AMD returns to glory but each year brings only more disappointment. Tbqh, I think Zen won't even reach Haswell performance. The Zen hype is just like how Bulldozer was hyped on Sup Forums years ago. It'll be another crushing disappointment.

wut if it reaches devils canyon performance

What I'm most afraid of is that AMD will roll Zen in the image of Bulldozer. With their wonderful CMT technology. I doubt they will because that'd be retarded, but they might.

Enjoy getting no driver updates after 2 years.

If you had all the money AMD has lost over the last 10 years, you'd literally be notch 8 times over

All Zen needs to be is decent performance and not cost a shitzillion dollars like Intel CPUs.

where can i find a repository of amada pics

I missed the Capsaicin event and they haven't uploaded the stream yet.

I saw the press release for the profesional Polaris cards but did they say or announce anything else noteworthy?

Don't worry user, I'm sure you will get a modern day fx6300 cpu again. Getting i3 and i5 levels of performance and not being able to touch anything in the upper echelons.

this is how low the bar has sunk in the CPU game

singularity confirmed dead

All AMD has to do is to give out Amada stickers and keychains and other silly trinkets and otakus will eat that right up.

I know I would build one AMD box for shits and giggles.

> nvidia goes up by 1.85%
> amd skyrockets by 14.73%
Righto mate

shit times shit is only shit squared

Oracle

>he doesn't realise that Nvidia gets a small cut from all the games they sponsor

Enjoy playing hitman and ashes of the singularity for the rest of your life.

>he thinks gameworks royalties are how nvidia makes revenue

just to be clear, it is still the year of our lord two-thousand and sixteen anno domini right?

This AMD is bad thing is a meme

Corporations

P.S.

Sitting on an AMD machine right here, For some reason this machine is instant fast, Maybe I got lucky?

>never waste a cent on an nvidia product
>implying buying an nvidia sponsored game eg witcher 3 isn't giving them a cent

Go and be stupid somewhere else.

AMD is retarded, they will do retarded shit.