Am i brain dead

am i brain dead

yes it's .8

>(You)(OP)
>yes it's .8
incorrect

It might be 1, if it's the torque that the axle has to endure.

4.0cm nigga

Have you tried entering 0.20? Mastering Physics is fucking shit for interpreting answers. I haven't done physics in a while but that's what I got too. Net force is 10 Newtons since the 20N force opposes the 30N force. Moment arm is the radius, so 2.0 cm. So net torque is 0.02*10 = 0.20.

Oh shit, nigga. Your net torque is in the clockwise direction. That means your answer should be negative since torque is a vector.

Clearly it's over 9000

Yes, exactly.

Please tell me you didn't pay money to get in mastering physics

That would be the brain dead thing

Well, -0.20, since it asks for two significant digits.

Lots of physics courses require it for the assignment portion. Otherwise you give up 10-20% of your grade.

Well of course you need to do your homework but that you have to PAY to do it is absolute bull

Fucking Pearson

It's a fucking scam alright, but at least they let you buy the access code separately. Surprised they don't make you buy the textbook, too.

It's 100 bucks you basically are

Ah I remember masteringphysics. All those fucking sleepless nights from doing electromeganetic physics and the fucking program not accepting my fucking free body diagrams.

Shit, it was only about $50 when I took physics, and that was about 3-4 years ago.

The biggest scam was clickers. You'd have to buy this $30 plastic piece of shit that looks like an invalid bed remote from the 90's to answer pop quiz questions in class. "You'll be able to use them in all your subsequent classes", they said. Nope.

>Now make the length of the arrow correspond to the force
"No"

It's all such a scam really just surreal

.2 Nm nigger

Torque = (Net Force)(distance) = (F1cos0-F2cos0)(radius)
=(30-20)(4/(2/100)) Nm
=.2 Nm

Fuck, I hated that thing so much. Never even used it once. It represents everything I hate about undergrad.

>Lots of physics courses require it for the assignment portion. Otherwise you give up 10-20% of your grade.
my course had the option, and if you didn't take it, the weight would be added onto the final

>tfw bought similar thing for intro chem
>~$100 for a virtual textbook and access key
>textbook is only a "rental" and only lasted like a few months or something
fuck you Wiley

I had to use webassign for my diff eq class. Costed something like $150 to get a log in and included the textbook needed for the class for "free." I could only it view when logged into the site and expired about 3 months later.

The worst part was I had a pdf of the textbook from a friend and there was no way to sign up for that shit website without paying for the "free" textbook.

As I mentioned, torque is a vector so he has to indicate the counterclockwise direction with a negative sign.

Oops, I meant clockwise direction.

Ah yes you are right, I'm getting dumb

Also
>F1cos0-F2cos0
I meant
F1cos0+F2cos180

Spotted the compsci faggot.