Sup Forums, my friend doesn't believe me when I say that windows 10 is fucking awful. He just won't buy it

Sup Forums, my friend doesn't believe me when I say that windows 10 is fucking awful. He just won't buy it.

Can you guys help me provide some talking points so to convince him he's retarded, and that windows 10 is terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867(v=ws.11).aspx
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I only have 4 days left to upgrade but I'm considering not. I want a good OS that lets me play all my animu gaemz but also doesn't spy on me and make me become part of "dat botnet".

Threaten to revoke your friendship with him.

If he decides to uninstall Windows 10, embrace him and whisper in his ear "welcome back, I never lost hope".

if you're getting an offer to "upgrade" then you already are using a good OS that lest you play all your games

im thinking of ditching windows 10 for os x

Win 10 Enterprise LTSB is god tier op, fuck off.

Call me a faggot, but what in the fuck is that? Some super-fancy-tier Windows 10?

No apps, no store, no edge, no cortana, old calculator, easily disable or enable anything with win10 tweaker, no bloat at all.

Forgot to add, no feature updates, only one new build once every 1 to 2 years, but constant security and stability updates.
It's almost like a vanilla win7 experience.

I just wasted three hours of my life doing free overtime at the office to reinstall Windows 10 because it turned from barely usable to hardly usable this afternoon.

Windows 10 makes no sense. It's Windows 7 awkwardly mish-mashed with some of the metro/Microsoft Store shit fr Windows 8. There's a metro version and a regular version of every configuration application. I had to deal with at least two more rapidly degrading Windows 10 installations so far and I'm dreading to find out in what way it will implode next time.

So basically Windows without all the shitty phone-tier garbage? That... actually sounds pretty nice.

However, there might be some things I might want to turn on from time to time, but this "win10 tweaker" thing does just that? If so, it's literally the perfect version of WIndows.

I'm assuming that's not what the "free upgrade" is going to give me though. Is it easy to find online?

No, it's a little bit more complicated to find, but I ended up being able to download an iso without anything more than a free microsoft account, windows 10 tweaker can be found over at mydigitallife forums.
It's pretty good, dunno if you can enable store, edge, cortana, etc. as those don't even come with the OS.

That version of windows needs to be bought or pirated. Getting the installation media and a key to make it work is easy tho. Microsoft has them on their own page somewhere.

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867(v=ws.11).aspx

Like here.

Don't fall for the quirky version of w10. Enterprise has known compatibility issues with drivers and bleeding software. It's basically like running a glorified winserver.

Maybe LTSB, but normal Enterprise sure as hell doesn't.

Don't fall for the quirky version of w10. Enterprise has known compatibility issues with drivers and bleeding software. It's basically a glorified windoestimator server edition.

Plus all the UI additions are superior. Tiles integrate with the spatial image patterns of our brain better.

LTSB doesn't either, and it has tiles, stop talking out of your ass.

I haven't had any problems using LTSB for my games.

Your friend is probably the kind of person that should just upgrade. If you can trust Windows 7 you can trust Windows 10, if not, use something else.

I just upgraded my brother and cousin's gaming PCs to Windows 10. Neither of them had updated Win7 since I installed it. My cousin thought he NEEDED it to play the latest games.

Your friend is probably the kind of person that would be better off with 10. Just embrace it.

you don't really have to upgrade, you can do it anytime using dazloader and a windows 10 enterprise edition iso from somewhere (I was gonna say KAT but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere if you don't think KAT is good anymore)

What is the difference between Windows 10 LTSB, and Windows 10 LTSB n?

Where the fuck can I find more information about this? Probably the only way I could be convinced to run Windows 10.

By the way, the Windows I have now, Windows 7 is pirated, and I have a small notice on the right lower corner with the message of Windows not being genuine. Will this fuck up the installation process? Haven't had any issues so far.

It's basically buggy Windows 7. I should have switched later.

The only correct way to use windows is via gpu pass through with qemu/kvm
If you're installing that dogshit on bare metal you need to fuck off of Sup Forumsasap

Why do you dislike Win 10? Is it because Sup Forums has been memeing on you?

If you understand properly why you don't like Windows 10, and it's convincing to yourself, you should be able to convince your friend or identify some difference in values that makes the same arguments less convincing to your friend.

No media center I think, I still downloaded it because I need it for some stuff.

How's win10 educational edition?

I'm thinking about getting a key off of dreamspark, and I heard that edu edition is somewhat enterprise.

only real reason why i sometimes feel like "upgrading" is because of directx12, please convience me out of it lads

This desu senpai

Not him but I have friends who seriously didn't mind the fact that windows 10 installed a Candy Crush Demo on their computer when they ran updates for the first time

Honestly if he prefers W10, a tablet OS where you lose control of your own computer, to 7 (or 8.1) he's genuinely retarded, like people that prefer Linux to Windows. Nothing you can do about it m8.

There's no point in getting Win10 for vidya unless you want to play Killer Instinct or some shit

I don't know what GPU your friend uses, for the record, but if that's AMD Windows 10 has a really poor support for that.

Virtually all new features "Windows 10" offers exist in KDE since 2005, and as a web-browsing laptop they could just use Xubuntu or even Solus Project, which are way more light and energy-efficient.

>He just won't buy it.
Good, no one wants to give Microsoft more money anyway

"He won't buy it" = "he won't believe me".
"He bought it all" = "he believed everything".

This is how jews speak btw.

Oooh, I see, that was a pun on the fact of buying something.

"Buy", "buy"… Do you get it? Very clever.

My windows 10 installation got slower and slower, now i tried the option to go back to 7 and it won't even boot anymore. Thanks Microsoft.

>Ditching horse shit for dog shit
At least Windows 10 is not complete garbage. Switching to the OSx meme squad is like selling your soul.

The N doesn't come with media codec, so loads of shit didn't play for me online. I even had problems detecting my phone.

Usual security and reliability fixes each month, but none of the feature updates. Basically less bloat. (loads of apps missing)

Not him but at least OS X is a desktop OS, not a tablet OS like 10. So if he can't use W7 for whatever reason switching to OS X is a good alternative.

Windows 10 is really good. I'm not mindlessly shilling, but it is best Windows so far.

>inb4 hurt durr mindless M$ sheeple
I use Linux and boot into windows only when playing magicka with friends.

The point is, anything is a better alternative to that shit. Just install Linux Mint for a very similar GUI, non-botnet Apple trash product that is super lightweight. There is never a reason to deal with Apple and anyone that says otherwise is simply too addicted to sucking the Macintosh poison apple to stop.

Then I suggest you to post a screenfetch, otherwise no one will believe you.

everything is better than windows
better gay than retard

With OSx, you get both.

a lot of intelligent people use macbooks, like computer scientists, successful tech people, musicians..
as a gnu/linux user myself I don't understand all the hate for macbooks, just poorfag envy and generic hipster memes

microsoft is the real cancer with google taking a close second place

Poor guy has an autist friend who think tgat g memes about win10 are true

Windows is fucking awful, however Windows 10 is the best Windows. Windows 8 performance with a more sensible UI, and no more of a botnet than XP SP2

stop being an autist

Stop being so autistic about operating system on your friends PERSONAL computer, holy shit.

It IS fancy named Enterprise. The only difference is that Edu is supposed to be provided for school/university students/staff via Dreamspark.

Here you go1

Windows 10 is basicly windows 7 with some fancier looks and a shit ton of privacy holes.

Also the fact there are backdoors in Windows 10 means there are security holes.

Tons of security holes.

Wew.

Also pic related.

> no (you)

I was phone shitposting

must be bait

there's no way you can believe that apple is not cancerous

also, there's nothing special about either osx or apple hardware that makes it any better for " like computer scientists, successful tech people, musicians.."

did i just swallow the whole bait hook line and sinker?

>have an assignment about why win10 is shitty
>too lazy to do my own research
>lets ask Sup Forums cause I get faster response than a forum
>but Sup Forums won't spoon feed me what I want
>Let me word it so it's for a 'friend' and as an argument
>tfw Sup Forums fell for it and did my assignment for me

Nice La .jpg

Many of us still have a family, you know.

Vulkan is better

No no no, whisper "The time has come and so did I"

everyone should just use os x

just werks but is good for advanced user too

it's just a fact user
sorry to burst your bubble but actually competent people buy macs because they have the money and don't care about what an anonymous image board thinks about their sexuality
it's good hardware after all, expensive, overpriced and fashionable hardware; a stupid thing to buy if you are a poorfag but perfectly reasonable if you have too much money
I don't know about the software, never used osx extensively, but it has bash, gcc and all the unix tools so still better than windows out of the box (I'll just install ubuntu on it though)

I find more cancerous iphones and android devices, they are just castrated toys and you can't do any serious work on them except if you ssh in a real unix box

Just make fun of him for funding Satya Nadella's 4th yacht. Honestly that's all you can do. The evidence is clear, but some people won't ever change their minds.

You sound like a dickhead.

Some people like different things asshat. If he doesn't care too much about muh freedoms and he enjoys the user experience, then there is no reason for him not to use Windows 10.

Sup Forums/reddit drones who just buy/use whatever the fuck Sup Forums/reddit shills are idiot asshole retards who cannot think for themselves.

why
if you want to use windows 10, do it, just know what you're doing when you decide you want to use it.

If you're a regular joe who is just going to play games and normie shit, and you don't care enough about muh freedoms, then really you don't have many reasons to not use win10 right now unless you just don't like it.

Honestly, the biggest problem with using Win10 as a regular joe imo is that loonix looses another potential user if you join the darkside. Less users = less support from devs to create shit for loonix. Or you could dual boot. Or you could use both on different machines.

It's not horrible just bad privacy wise. Other than that it's been solid for me. No errors or BSOD. boots quick. Haven't had problems. But yeah. privacy sucks

LTSB is great but I wish it had netflix.. Have no idea how to get store. I know chrome works for netflix. But it sucks compared

apple is fucking cancerous but they still suck slightly less than most other brands and things like wifi and sleep and battery saving and hinges aren't complete shit like most other options.

privacy wise doesn't this work?
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

No there is no magic bullet than removes or even blocks all the telemetry, ad tracking, and keylogging crap built into the OS.

Windows is closed source, they put a ton of this stuff in the very lowest levels of the OS. Unless you're an expert reverse engineer with free unlimited time I'm guessing nobody is going to waste their time bothering to "fix" this spyware bullshit operating system which then changes month to month after every forced update.

*that

Hitman TotalWar and Deus Ex will all work fine with DX11, it's a meme feature.

DIrectX 12 is incredibly complicated it will be at least 2-3 years before game developers get it down and it becomes standard for PCs. It's not worth upgrading for right now.

I did a fresh install of Win10 when I built a new machine and I just deleted that shit when it updated.
Not trying to shill here but I don't understand why people are so against it.

>windows user
>capable of thinking
choose one

Yeah I agree. NO issues or any error son my part. Just remove shit right away. Or use LTSB and it's just like windows 7

> People turn off Cortana to stop the spying
> Microsoft disables your ability to turn off Cortana