Just placed my order for $470

Just placed my order for $470.

Did I do you proud Sup Forums?

gonna be laffin when the 490 drops for $71 cheaper and faster

do you actually need one?

you're not going to be a Sup Forumstard who buys a gtx 1070 to use on his 1080p 60hz monitor, are you?

Not really. I wouldn't pay that price for it.
My final price on this here is $350 after MIR, $370 before.

i 'll be keeping this card for 2-3 years, while transitioning to 4k and building a new rig

>things that never happened part 1

Oh really?
It was a bigger discount than that if you pay by paypal. I got my 980ti when Newegg was running this promo where it's $25 off if you pay by paypal.

It's like you don't even try.

>no async
>no DX12
>no Vulkan

1080p or lower is fine for the next few years because that's the only capable resolution it can when DX12 and Vulkan games comes out

Why you moving goal post? We're talking about your 1070 not your shitty prehistoric 980ti

>damage control over being extra jewed.

Great purchase. I can't wait to get mine hopefully when I upgrade my pc in December.

>moving goalpost
posted a 980ti and not a 1070
Oh wow, you really are getting full on damage control mode.

Typical Nvidiot everyone.

>promoting ancient and already gimped technology

>Not the Gaming Z
fucking faggot.

>playing games

Fuck off to Sup Forums

>paying for pointless rgb backplate and slight overclock from X
get out

>Not a new nVidia™ Titan X™ (Pascal) so you can Produce the Way its Meant to be Worked™ while you Play the Way its Meant to be Played™

faggot

>start looking at new cards
>realize my monitors only have DVI and VGA ports
fuck

Not those user, but being Canuck can be suffering. Let me put this to real dollar and not plastic money.

$470 to buy that card OP posted for us, without factoring in tax.
$536.61 when I finally get this card, after s&h and 12% tax.
$470 for the cheapest GTX 1070 after all that.

Americans can buy this card at $430, and a 980Ti at $380 with MIR. Huge price difference.

Naw m8, should've got the Gigabyte G1 Gaming for $429

The syrup dollar is truly awful. When I bought my 390, I ended up paying $534 total for the card. Even my 4690K was over $300 last September when I bought it.

1070 is barely sufficient for 1080p at 60.

>you're not going to be a Sup Forumstard who buys a gtx 1070 to use on his 1080p 60hz monitor, are you?

That's exactly what I'm doing. No ragrets.

I don't get you problem. Just check if the card outputs DVI with analog, and get a DVI to VGA, then for all the DVI digital needs get a HDMI to DVI cables. Problem solved.

>just wait

>$536.61 when I finally get this card, after s&h and 12% tax.

I imported mine from the USA to Japan and it only cost me $50, including S&H and import fees. I bought it when it was at $450 so all together it ran me $500

>just wait

AMD.txt

Weren't those supposed to cost $370 ?

Pretty ridiculous how that it's cheaper to get it at Glorious Nippon than it is to be north of the 49th parallel.

They were.
That's the thing. MSRP AIB 1070 is far and few.

Yes.

Well to buy them locally, the cheap reference/FE models run about $580, for the non-reference ones we're at the mercy of resellers but they can be up to $650. The Zotac 1070 FE is almost $700 for some reason.

If I lived in Canada I would probably just get a holiday visa to the states, drive my car there and buy one locally. Not like they're going to check the boot of your card for GPUs at the border. I guess Canada's a big place though.

>big place
most people live within 200 mile of the border, but you are royally fucked if you aren't.