GNU coreutils

>GNU coreutils
why is this garbage still used Sup Forums?

Dumb frog poster

>Being a dumb frog poster

WHITE MEN CAME
ACROSS THE SEA
HE BROUGHT US PAIN
AND MISERY

what is wrong with it?

unix and it's descendants are garbage and it makes me feel bad when I use them

>bloated
>shit code
>badly maintained
>not following UNIX philosophy

>dumb frogposter

Fuck off dumb frogposter

now prove your points

dumb frogposter kys

still better than being a BSD cuck

why is it that everyone agrees gnu coreutils suck ass, x sucks ass, bash sucks ass, firefox sucks ass ,but noone is able to make a working distro using the so called superior alternatives?

>superior distro
it's called OpenBSD

unix and c retarded things by 30 years
t. dennis ritchie and that other, irrelevant guy.

>>not following UNIX philosophy
this is the worst meme

>superior distro
i said working, and since you propose OpenBSD my question still stands.

Because open source used to be about technical excellence, academic interest, razor sharp focus and/or fun

It got replaced by nu open source which is about whining, distro hopping, muh unix philosophy, code of conducts, kickstarter donations, social activism, bike shedding, nih syndrome, etc

yes i agree ,but since there are better alternatives ready why wont anyone make a working distro that people can run from a live usb or something and experience the superiority of technically better tools? Isnt it the better way than just making blogs about sucking and suckless tools , and why X application is totally shitty and you should use Y,Z as alternatives?

You could use Arch, which conveniently comes without an X environment pre-installed, and install say, Wayland, Chromium and change your shell to something else. Just because it doesn't come pre packaged doesn't mean you can't do it.

>systemd
>gnucoreutils
>gcc
>try to use wayland with not gnome or kde
i think you missed my point here.

gnu coreutils, bash and firefox are among the most popular and arguably the best software in the world
it's perfectly normal that because a lot of people use them there is some autistic that talks shit about them

This. Point 1, 2 and 3 seem valid, though.

he is completely right
git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/src/true.c
cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/true/true.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

so not supporting arguments with help usage is a good thing for you?
it has just a branch more than the other implementation the will never be executed if you don't supply arguments, a constant performance penalty caused by a greater binary size of the executable that means absolutely nothing considering that the linux kernel is more performant than every BSD kernel and probably the difference in size on disk is negligible or nil

i do not say they are bad, i say some people claim there are better alternatives but noone is prooving it by creating a working distro using them.

because the BSD software is not portable garbage, every BSD fork implements their kernel and tools with not compatibility with each other
meanwhile gnu software is used everywhere because it just werks (now it's even supported officially on windows!)

RUN TO THE HILLLLLLLLLS
RUN FOR YOUR LIVEEEEEEEESSSSS

because they aren't running OS X's BSD Core Utils

So the fact that the linux kernel, which has nothing to do with coreutils, is better than any BSD kernel is, for you, a good reason to use that piece of shit called coreutils that is able to bloat something as stupid as true.c?

why? why do you think it's bad?
it werks, and that's all that matters

waste of dubs
if you think an if block with argument parsing is bloat maybe you don't have the competence to talk about it
also that's the implementation of false too

IT'S A UNIX SYSTEM

I KNOW THIS!!!!

>defending bloat
kys

>defending cuckoldry
I know your software is going to be stolen with no compensation so you are not going to actually put effort in making it portable, documented and with actual features but please stop spreading lies about something you don't understand

It's bad code. This kind of thing is written by someone who whines about maintainability and then overengineers everything to death. Try maintaining a code base when you have garbage like that floating around. It hurts.

kys, gnu is perfect

nice joke

It's not stolen if you're giving it away for free :^)

just like your wife

There are distros using busybox and musl.

>bloated
you say "bloated" like it was " uses 2gb ram to display a single page" when it's actually "hey why does cat have -v"?

>shit code
i agree but this is subjective. gnu code is supposed to work literally everywhere and catter to every use case on earth. on their own terms they have good code.

>badly maintained
can't comment on this, but what is there to maintain anyway? these shit have been there for decades aside from the "ls" bullshit that happened recently not much has been changed.

>not following unix philosophy
i wanna see your 'unix philosophy' handle google or facebook level workloads, you cuck.

There is one distro (alpine), not realizing that busybox is made for embedded systems like smart TVs, not for a desktop.

gnu true:#include
#include
#include
#include "system.h"

/* Act like "true" by default; false.c overrides this. */
#ifndef EXIT_STATUS
# define EXIT_STATUS EXIT_SUCCESS
#endif

#if EXIT_STATUS == EXIT_SUCCESS
# define PROGRAM_NAME "true"
#else
# define PROGRAM_NAME "false"
#endif

#define AUTHORS proper_name ("Jim Meyering")

void
usage (int status)
{
printf (_("\
Usage: %s [ignored command line arguments]\n\
or: %s OPTION\n\
"),
program_name, program_name);
printf ("%s\n\n",
_(EXIT_STATUS == EXIT_SUCCESS
? N_("Exit with a status code indicating success.")
: N_("Exit with a status code indicating failure.")));
fputs (HELP_OPTION_DESCRIPTION, stdout);
fputs (VERSION_OPTION_DESCRIPTION, stdout);
printf (USAGE_BUILTIN_WARNING, PROGRAM_NAME);
emit_ancillary_info ();
exit (status);
}

int
main (int argc, char **argv)
{
/* Recognize --help or --version only if it's the only command-line
argument. */
if (argc == 2)
{
initialize_main (&argc, &argv);
set_program_name (argv[0]);
setlocale (LC_ALL, "");
bindtextdomain (PACKAGE, LOCALEDIR);
textdomain (PACKAGE);

atexit (close_stdout);

if (STREQ (argv[1], "--help"))
usage (EXIT_STATUS);

if (STREQ (argv[1], "--version"))
version_etc (stdout, PROGRAM_NAME, PACKAGE_NAME, Version, AUTHORS,
(char *) NULL);
}

exit (EXIT_STATUS);
}

unix/osx true:

>UNIX philosophy
fuck that shit

It goes a bit beyond that

(You)

lol what are man pages amirite guys

>chromium
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

chromium is just as garbage as chrome and firefox

Better than BSD shit

But that's wrong

>superior

Must feel bad to shill for such a shit system with a total cuck license.
I hear walmart's hiring.

With how many threads can you sort in parallel with e.g. shit netBSD sort that ships with macOS?

The answer is one. Meanwhile with Stallman tier GNU sort you can into --parallel

BSD coreutils are primitive and have less features than the GNU counterparts.

>b-b-but the BSD version of ls is only 1KB and the GNU version is 9999 GB!
Good, the next time you need to install an UNIX on a 1970 hard disk with 1 MB of RAM, use a BSD.

>>>/facebook/

Yeah, let's ignore Android, which has no GNU.