My PC got destroyed and I want to try a laptop due to it being portable...

My PC got destroyed and I want to try a laptop due to it being portable. Any reccomendations for gaming laptop under $1000?

>pic not related, random pic from internet

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834890015
amazon.com/K501UW-AB78-15-6-inch-Full-HD-Gaming-Glacier/dp/B01DT49XN8/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469541353&sr=1-3&keywords=960m
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i7-6500U @ 2.50GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gaming laptop

>gaming laptop
>can't even spell recommendations properly

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

>gaming laptop

Just get a regular laptop and figure out how to make an external gpu housing. Don't waste your money. The laptop is portable, the whole setup isn't completly but I doubt you'll be playing much demanding games in public.

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834890015 this one if you dont use a external gpu

At least I hope you're not playing games in public.

If you're truly stuck on the concept of a gaming laptop, and insist on that price range; I strongly recommend looking for a used one.

You know, playing video games is bad enough, but once you get to the point of having a gaming laptop it's all over.

Why do you need portability anyways? If your parents are kicking you out maybe this is a sign to stop being a manchild.

Buy a MacBook or any Mac if you want to be a normal adult. But ThinkPad if you want to be elitist programmer and for Sup Forums to accept you.

Lenovo Y700. You still get Sup Forums's acceptance because it's Lenovo.

> ThinkPad elitist programmer
Sure. I know a lot of ThinkPad owners who fail at FizzBuzz. Pretty e-leet.

>worthless code monkey calling anyone else a manchild

A friend of mine bought an MSI apache and it works pretty well. The fans are a bit loud in turbo mode but just get a fan mat for it.

I bought an asus and it is shit
specs are great for the price but enjoy your crashes and having to stick to older drivers.

Dell XPS 13

I have an MSI gaming laptop and i have no problems playing games in 1080p

If you want a gaming laptop get ready to spend around 1500 at least

>hurr durr laptops r bad for gamng meme

Fuck off autists, its not 2005 anymore

>downgrading from a pc to a laptop
>falling even further by wanting a "gaming laptop"

So weird there are people who leave their houses and need something portable? Wow

>gaming
>laptop

Why would you want to be gaming outside?

thinkpad
gentoo

every asus laptop need a fresh windows install, asus is strong in crapwares

>gaming laptop
0/10

you don't want people to see you with a gaming laptop.

the best advice on this thread was already given OP
get a nice, pretty portable laptop, girls really care about that stuff, and the most important thing for a laptop is portability, get a nice laptop with a solid metal build, compact, powerful but not an overkill, and this one's a priority GOOD BATTERY LIFE.
As soon as it has a not prehistoric GPU it's going to be enough for playing the kind of games someone plays outside (like multiplayers or online games, nothing too challenging) and LEARN HOW TO MOUNT AN EXTERNAL GPU, companies like razor even sel these if you want everything to look nice and tidy.

Don't fall for the gaming laptop meme OP, i am trying to give an advice that's good for you, please value portability, a good keyboard/mousepad, a solid screen and good build and good battery life over the money grab that gaming laptops are, trust me you'll thank me later

Lets say you live in a drom, or visit a family member or gf or anything or just awitch places frequently, you cant bring your pc+cables+ monitor easily

>gaming laptop
>gf

>learn how to mount an external GPU
>shills for a device that does all of the job for you besides running an executable

How does a PC suddenly become destroyed?

>manchild
He would have to be a man first

Don't listen to the autism here.
Go for asus Rog serie.
It depends on what games want to play.
A gtx860m or 960m can run Fallout 4 on low-medium at 60fps.
The best for now is to go for a 980m.
You can find used rog from 600$. Wait for sales.
Lenovo made a shit gaming laptop, MSI are loud and heavy but a little less expensive. Alienware is overpriced.
External gpu is a good idea but it's more for someone that already have a laptop with an older card.

Try macbook pro. Hope you areanot poor or something

>gayming laptop
>consumer recommendation

THAT is where you go for the answer to your question. Go to as your post is NOT technology related.

Im just that alpha

The fact you call it being "alpha" proves this isn't true.

Buy a gaming desktop and a cheap laptop.

Gaming laptops are shit and always will be, you can't dissipate heat properly in a chassis that size and you will end up paying more than double for the same performance you'd get from a desktop.

How is the 380m? Garbage?

>380m
The intel CPU from 2010?

It was garbage for gaming when it released.

The amd mobile GPU

There is the R7-M380 and the R9-M380.

The R7 is shit, the R9 is okay, but still nothing great. And both are shit compared to mid-range desktop GPUs.

I can play gta 5 onn high settings, better than big part of gs desktops thx bye

ASUS K501UX

You're a retard, if you can play GTA 5 on high at 1080p then you paid a good $400-500 more than you'd have paid for the same performance from a desktop.

Enjoy your portable shitbox that will overheat and kill itself by the end of 2017.

I was 17 once too, I had a nice big gaming laptop with an HD 6990M GPU. The most powerful GPU AMD had out at the time. 18 months later and a few days after my warranty ran up, the GPU overheated and died because a laptop simply can't dissipate the heat properly. It had a big heatsink and it was thick as fuck for a large fan and huge vents in the back, it didn't matter.

And yet, you still remained a child at 37.

If I was 17 when the HD 6990m was released that would make me 22.

Here is your (you)

The 6000 series AMD were famously unreliable, a fuckton of complaints from MacBook Pro 15 customers, Apple recalled and is still replacing that series of Macbooks til this day. It's like AMDs version of the Nvidia 8000 GPU fiasco.

>buy thunderbolt 3 laptop
>plug razer core with desktop gpu

Sup Forums ELITISTS BTFO

>LE "GUMING LAPTUP" XDDDDD

get fucked neckbeards.

Get an HP envy honestly.

Not the best build quality but a lot better than they were a few years ago and you should be using a monitor and keyboard when you're gaming at home anyway. And you get a decent discrete GPU and i7 for $900

I'm surprised by how not shitty mine is compared to how HP laptops were in the past

amazon.com/K501UW-AB78-15-6-inch-Full-HD-Gaming-Glacier/dp/B01DT49XN8/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469541353&sr=1-3&keywords=960m

OP, don't do it. The thing will burn itself out in a year.

Speaking from experience.

>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR
>U PROCESSOR
U PROCESSOR

do yourself a favor and get Elegance and Performance, the DELL XPS 13, shoot for the i5/8GB RAM model, if you can, try to find the i7 8 GB for $1200 at most.

it's a laptop, if you want a full K (or non K) just get a desktop at that point.

faggot you need HQ mobile CPU, not U if you need performance. U processors are literal trash, only a tick more powerful than tablet cpus

>mfw the Surface Pro 4 tablet uses a top end U Chip with Iris that best the majority of Ultrabooks out there.
Why are manufacturers so reluctant on using the Iris 540 on their laptops. XPS 13 seems to be the only other one.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

You could build a nice little probable Mitx build for that money

I would love to see an ultrabook using the E3-1575M v5, but with an MSRP of $1,200 I dont see it happening.

However it has the Iris Pro 580, which has more than double the performance of the Iris pro 540.

Faggots like you cant understand that i want a laptop which i can carry around and not a fucking desktop pc

And as i said its not 2005 anymore, i dont game 24/7 and when i do it doesnt even get loud or hot

Im 100% satisfied with it

Get a cheap laptop and a desktop.

You can do everything on a cheap laptop besides game, and gaming is much more suited for a desktop environment anyway.

>I dont even really play games

Yeah? Just enough that you need to spend 2x as much on a portable gaming computer?

Fucking retard. Buy a cheap laptop and a gaming desktop like an adult.

Wait for laptops with mobile Pascal. They should be coming out within a month or two.

In all seriousness OP
You need to spend at least $1200 on a gaming laptop
Also, gaming laptops are portable in the loosest sense of the word.
They're large and bulky, have shit battery life and likely has huge power bricks
They're really only good if you travel a lot. They're not good as a work/school laptop

What a dumb ass. The u processors have better single core performance than the hqs, do if you're just gaming, a u would be better

I decided on the Alienware 17 pretty much solely because of the 91Wh battery. There sadly aren't many consumer laptops with half decent gpus or hq processors

Check out XoticPC
I bought a Sager from them a few years back and it still runs today
They've got decent prices on gaming laptops for the hardware you get

Oh. And if you get a 17" laptop. Do not expect to take it with you anywhere other than lan parties and trips where you'll be able to use it multiple nights
You'll never bother to bring it with you on any sort of daily use like school or work

lol what are you smoking? The U's do NOT have higher single core performance.

The only U processor with a higher base clock than an HQ is the i5-6287U which has a baseclock of 3.1GHz. however, it can only turbo boost up to 3.5GHz where as HQ processors top out at 3.9GHz boost.

Why would i get two things when 1 is good for all my needs? Faggots

Why not? I'm strong enough.

The i7 6500u has a higher single core performance than the 6700hq.

>higher clock speeds
Here's your (You)

>You need to spend at least $1200 on a gaming laptop

Nope, I recently bought an Asus G751JT refurb for $800 and got $16 back + 3% credit card rewards on the purchase.

i7-4710, 970m, 16 gb ram, 1 TB 7200 RPM and IPS 1080p screen.

At home I use it with my 2560x1440p monitor and it runs BF4 nearly maxed at 60 fps.

No, its does not. Try again.

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i7-6500U @ 2.50GHz

>Why would I spend less money to do the same or more things?
>Actually falling for the gay men laptop meme
Holy shit you're beyond help

>your post is NOT technology related
This is the dumbest shit I have read in a while.

>i7 6500u has a higher single core performance than the 6700hq

So fucking what? The i7-6920HQ has higher single core performance than either one.

Even the 4710HQ has a higher single core performance...

You are just mad because you do not have money for a laptop, pleb :^}

>tfw you have a Asus ROG laptop from 2011, basically used it 24/7 ever since, dont even turn it off while going to sleep
>tfw it runs at 95degrees+ core temp in summer yet still never caused any issues
Hell, I didnt even clean the thing once since I got it. Hardware dying is a complete meme.

>So fucking wh
the 6500u doesnt have higher single core performance, check literally ANY benchmark...

The single core turbos on the quads are higher than the 6500u.

Jesus Christ people.

Dont mind him, he is just a poorfag envoous of gaming laptops so he tries to tell himself that laptops stuvk in 2005

This is an 18+ site

You'll leave college someday and realize how retarded a high powered laptop is.

Im not the guy you replied to but im 24 and have a professional job at a tax software firm and by far a gaming laptop is the best thing to have if you want mobility but power as well. When tax season hits I work a lot of overtime and having my laptop with me allows for an hour of gaming during breaks. Or I can game during downtime at work, since this is a place for adults as long as you get your work done they dont care what you do.

different people, different needs.

I dont like them myself, even though having bought one. And there are legitimate reasons to dislike them. Its just fucking retarded when people say that you can get X for cheaper, when getting X means cutting the portability.

Let me quickly give you an example why I bought one all those years ago.

I studied in a different city than I live in. 4 days a week I was in the city I studied, 3 days in the city I call hope. Since I couldnt be bothered to deny myself video games for 3 or 4 days a week, I bought a laptop to play. Why didnt I buy a mini atx? Because that would have been more annoying to setup and I would have been forced to buy multiple monitors.

So no, they arent retarded. The crowd that makes proper use of them is just really goddamn small. Something a close-minded degenerate such as yourself seems to be unable to understand.

Why are you here then?

I come home, connect my big ass tv to it and bum it works

I go to college it works

Im on a train it works

Do that with a desktop you faggot

Yea because buying a gaming pc capable of gta5 on high+ mouse + keyboard + monitor and buying a decent laptop sure is under 1500$ or 2000$ huh

Especially that pc component prices are fucking horrendous here

Fucking retard fuck off

Because you won't find a decent bag that'll hold a 17" laptop, including the power brick, it'll take up nearly all the space
You think it's no problem but carrying that weight all day will get annoying and trying to deal with how bulky and cumbersome everything is makes it not worth it
If you're a student, adding your books and other supplies you're gonna end up shelling out another $500 for a smaller laptop
Also you'll look like an idiot if you use it in public.

Where are you gaming mostly? At home? If so, a non-gaming laptop with a good CU is portable enough for work/school, and you keep the egpu at home for actually playing games at good settings.

*CPU
Also, if you insist on a laptop (you are retarded), go for Sager or eurocom, best specs for the money.

Yes you can find plenty of laptopbags that size

Yes you can carry it around if you are not a very weak fag

Yes there is enough space in it even after the laptop, plenty for books and powetbrick, mouse or any other shit

And noone gives a fuck what laptop you use in public

Home and dorm room

I have an msi laptop wtf are you talking about faggot

>Home and dorm room
Get a monitor at each place and build an MATX or ITX SFF build. Easy enough to transport and cheaper than a gaming laptop.

No i wont get fucking monitor in dorm room and i wont make a pc to carry it around because my laptop is all i need no fuckery with it

go on back to Sup Forums

Do you live in a third world country or some shit
You can build a decent pc that runs GTA 5 for like $500-600

Im sorry but thats a shitty compromise and fedora tier....

Our dorm room is visited by lots of people and sometimes people get black out drunk and in that case i just close my laptop and put it away so no harm can be done to it, not so easy with a monitor

So like I said earlier. Looks like laptops really only make sense if you live in a shitty dorm. Once you leave college, you'll understand why a powerful laptop is shit.

I live in west europe and you need at least 1000$ to build a decent pc

You're gonna eat your words when you shell out money for a smaller laptop
It's not about can you carry it, it's a question if you're willing to
Oh, and nice projecting there