Does anyone here not use Facebook? If so, why not?

Does anyone here not use Facebook? If so, why not?

I don't use it because I become suicidal after seeing normies living happy & fulfilling lives.

>are any autistic people on Sup Forums?

Because i don't have friends on facebook

The ones i knew since schooltimes aren't really my friends and the few ones i do know have other messaging solutions

I was forced to use it because I have friends who refuse to use anything else,
even... skype... of all things.
They also don't have cell phones.

I dont have friends or a desire to keep up with social news shit, fan groups, and family.

>aren't really my friends
i'm always curious about this. do you have some very high level bar for "friends"? a lot of people post-2005 think of a "friend" as someone that they know (or once knew) and are on reasonably good terms with. i badly hope that under that criteria you have lots of friends, but then again this is Sup Forums.

or was that phrase more along the lines of "everyone's actually out to get me and we're living in a dystopian mad max universe"?

Same here.

>even... skype... of all things.
skype is godawful though. and
>no cell phone
feel free to stick to that story, but the more plausible conclusion for the rest of us is that this person didn't want to give you her number.

It was distracting
Its botnet
Deleted it in January

I never jumped on the SmartPhone, Myspace, Facebook or any "social media" bandwagon.

Feels good man.

I see. Apparently this is quite common. Heavy Facebook users tend to be more depressed because they compare their lives with others too much, if you believe psychologists that is.

I used it lightly until about 3 years ago. I deleted it because I had a bad break up and kept feeling the urge to look through all my exes pictures which was making me miserable. I don't miss it, there's plenty of other social media to satisfy me.

I might reactivate my account someday for networking purposes but I have no desire so far.

>deleted it in january
so you just learned these things a few months ago?
were you born in december?

Wish I could say that. Had a friend who kept pushing me into it a while back. Just got rid of mine a couple days ago. Had some withdrawal but holding strong.

I forgot my password and used a bogus email to sign up with which I forgot as well. Haven't been able to log in since April. Honestly I'm happier without it. It's just a bunch of shit that nobody cares about anyways. I don't give a fuck about your kids or what you're eating.

that's a surprisingly condescending perspective for someone who's so addled he forgot both his password and the email address he used to register.

All of my family is out of the social media shit, if they have something to tell me they can call me, and literally all of my friends are either using steam or IRC (and mumble.)

I deleted my Facebook in 2010 and have never looked back.

I keep in touch with my true friends by calling or texting.

Artificial friendships don't interest me.

Classmates for example aren't my friends, because we didn't hang out even during recesses or outside school.
They're just added because "Hey, i used to know this guy"
Then again, i have a few classmates who i still hang out with 16 years later, but we dont talk/post through facebook

Even the non-school friends, they never post on facebook anyway so i have no reason to use it.
Last time i used it was a great while ago when we posted a picture of us together so i wouldnt feel like a loser.

A friend to me is one with who i can hang out with or just talk shit

I use skype and twitter; I hang out with a bunch of furries and programmers both irl and online so Facebook isn't really a go-to for me.

I have no friends so I have no reason to use it.

I don't like being having my information stored so they can target advertising for me.

I also have no friends and nobody in my family is on it except my dumbshit brother.

It's a waste of time.

>We're your friends
>You don't need anybody else

out of college I had a bunch of friends, then I started getting annoyed with people passively bragging and doing stupid shit like posting "my grandma just died, so sad!". So i started being a giant douche to everyone and noticed I was losing friends. I also spent waaaay to much time on it.
My wife spends 2-4 hours on it a day just watching fucking SJW buzzfeed shit and news.

agreed

I used to be exactly like that...Till I changed my life around. Who would've thawnk it golly gee!!!
I still mute most of my friends tho

what i failed to mention is that I got rid of my facebook a few years ago and I couldnt be more happy.

Me.
I simply don't see the appeal.

Don't get me wrong, it has some good things. Sharing photos and keeping up with old friends from far away and for setting up events it is great, no question there. But I really don't give two shits about what you had for dinner or that you just took your dog for a walk which is what most people seem to be posting there.
I also don't get the whole popularity contest over who has most friends and who gets most likes.

I don't because all my cuck friends are on Twitter / Discord.

Depends. The main site? I open it, check invites, close it. Sometimes post funny maymay.

WhatsApp and Messenger? 24/7

I dont,never wanted to,never needed to use it,never regreted my decision.

I had social media accounts just for the sake of it, but I have since deleted everything I could.

I deleted it, I don't want to know what other people are doing, and I don't want them to know what I'm doing.

It ruins you socially too, why would I bother asking you where you went for vacation for example, if I'd received 100 status and images from it.
I can't even ask an old friend how they're doing, because if you're on FB, you'd know they got married a year ago, finished a degree 2 years ago etc etc. Fuck that.

I waste half my time refreshing inactive threads on Sup Forums itself.

To be honest I don't have many friends and it's just awkward when that's the case. The ones I do have don't use it because of the reason above, ironically.

I'd like to think it's because I'm fighting for privacy, but it's because I'm a loser.

At least I have you Sup Forumsuys.

I use Sup Forums instead

No, because it goes against everything I was told for keeping yourself safe on the internet since I was young and I think the majority of people who use it are complete idiots for doing so. Why do normalfags have to ruin the internet?

Yeah me too user. I hope to post my pics of better life someday to show them but I deleted it anyway.

I use it only for the chat, unfortunately it seems to be the most widespread platform while most of the people I need to get in contact with are never on kekegram/whatsapp/whatever.

Those other platforms seem to be much more country-related as opposed to fb which seems to be spread evenly worldwide.

As for the social part of it it's complete garbage, I take a look at it from time to time and it's just a shithole filled with fake clickbait videos/news/share this if you x, recycled memes from 2008, people posting photos of their activities nobody gives a fuck about, save this dog, random sjw crap, people trying hard to get that funny comment likes and so on you get the idea.

Facebook meme pages make the best memes. It's just a fact.

/thread

never used it because i had friends that never used it either and also i feel pretty worthless, nobody wants to read my bullshit and i dont want to read theirs. facebook is pathetic, even for normies tbhfam

Because there is no benefit in it. 4chinks has better garbage-tier memes and I don't want to get spammed with everything else.

Because I don't give a shit about my friends dogs or what they had for dinner.

I have no friends so facebook doesn't make much sense

No need or desire to be part of that particular online community.

I used to have it and realised it was pointless. Just take one second to step back and really see what content your consuming when you scroll down on your feed. I see other people spend so much time just scrolling, scrolling, scrolling away ad infinitum. It's pointless, un-productive and a detriment to your psyche.

Literally just minion """"""memes"""""", baby pictures, ego circlejerking, and passive aggressive arguments.

Not to mention needing to mice your words because Facebook and the government are logging absolutely everything.

Absolutely nothing to gain there.

Thanks for confirming I didn't miss out anything.

/thread

You're not a loser, or, this isn't why you're a loser. People seem to think it's normal to have loads of friends. Or at least they've got the word friend mixed up with acquaintance. Having a small number proper friends is normal and healthy and you certainly don't need some data mining internet platform to manage them.

Did this in May 2010. Are you me?

the only reason I still use it is because I end up using the messenger more than texting nowadays. The same goes for most of my friends I imagine.

>family
>haven't seen in at least 20 years/never met
not family anymore.
>friends
>haven't spoken to them in at least 5 years
not friends anymore

it's that simple. these people all live too far away and i can't afford to go travel to them, got bigger things in life to worry about.
when people have kids they start doing crazy shit like moving all over the place randomly, following their parents around, following family around, people just pretend they're nomadic now.

Me. Boring SN, unusable UI and bullshites all over the pages.

I don't have a Facebook account, I used to have one several years ago but I deleted it.
But it's almost impossible to socialize without one when you're a college student. Everyone talks on Facebook and they even share important information there. It's really annoying when you talk to someone and say "Huh, didn't know that." and they just answer "We talked about it on Facebook the other day." Worse is when you don't get invited to events because you only get to know about them when you're on FB.

But I won't fall for the botnet again.

>facebook is the only way keeping contact with people
>i need to keep every contact i ever made in my life, doesn't matter how stupid
>"look what i ate today - give me some likes"

been away from facebook for 2 years now and never looked back, people i want to stay in contact with have other apps to reach them.

and anybody calling ppl autistic for not using it probably did not experience the pre-internet, ppl actually went outside to meet each other

and stay here please

>>haven't spoken to them in at least 5 years
>not friends anymore

I disagree, I have a small circle of close friends with often don't talk or see each other for long periods of time, however they are still the people I am closest to, feel comfortable talking about private topics with and would trust with serious info/topics/objects/tasks

I had a throwaway account I logged into 3-4 times to get some course info when I went to uni.

Other than that, never used it and hopefully never will. Reason being I like the idea of cuckerberg owning all my data.

Stopped using it except for chat for a while, realised it was sucking the life out of me and my profile was basically just a log of embarrassing posts from years ago that all of my friends could read so deleted and never looked back
I use steam or texting to keep in touch with people I give a shit about

I only have an account so I can use Messenger, as nobody uses anything else here.

i have someone like that, except i hear from them, like even just a message on steam "hey!". five years don't pass by.
and another thing: i would be on Facebook liking people's shit, you know, people i used to be close with and then they show absolutely zero love, they act like you don't even exist.
it's called "profile grooming". basically if you aren't active, you're fucked, doesn't matter if you were best friends 7 years ago.

hi ama

No. I had it for like 5 years, then finally dropped it after getting tired of seeing how stupid people can get on there. It depressed me, really.

I'm glad I'm out of it. Some uni courses try to pressure me to get one again so I can collaborate with classmates, but I have out-of-band ways of communicating with them.

i have one for messenger and to get cheap/guestlist on events. i have a css hack that stops my news feed from showing up so i dont hve to deal with people being saps

>basically just a log of embarrassing posts
so much this

I avoid my family, no contact.
My gf has whatsapp or is with me.
My best mate is on steam or I'll call him.
I don't go out much.
I don't care about photos or opinions.

Facebook not needed. I've not had an account in over 6 years.

I have an account, but I think I must have not logged in a whole year or more
I never really cared about social web shit even in my more normie years