What's a good CPU to go with a 1060 SLI build...

What's a good CPU to go with a 1060 SLI build? I'm looking to build a 1060 PC that I can upgrade with another 1060 in about a year or so, and I don't wanna have to upgrade the CPU too by then to avoid bottlenecking.

>1060
>SLI
NVidia decided that you don't need to SLI lower end cards, so they completely removed SLI from the 1060.

This is a completely false dream, user. The card even lacks the SLI fingers.

Rip in peas.

>f

What? Why did they do that?

Because you suck, and we hate you. Fucking poorfag.

.t nvidia

>SLI
This thread was doomed from the beginning.

Probably because using SLI on low end is a bad idea if the SLI support is bad, which it mostly is these days.
If you truly want to go SLI instead of a single high-end card then the 1070 is the minimum 10xx series I would choose.

Oh. Okay. What's a good CPU for that then?

Because SLI is shit and DX12 can multi GPU without the need for SLI/Crossfire and do it better than either did.

Performance/dollar was too good.
There's a video that benches 2 1060s using the PCIe as a bridge.

They actually did their users a favor. Multi gpu on the low end Is trash.

Bait

Baited

You suck at identifying bait, faggot.

You're either retarded or OP if you honestly think this thread isn't a bait.

Oh a classic.
>remove features = "they're doing us a favour fellow goyims!"

What exactly is wrong with the 1060 apart from the lack of SLI?

Very tight memory bus bandwidth.

Any recently leased quad core. Don't get i7 or anything from AMD.

Well the 1070 IS the minimum 1xxx series you can choose to SLI anyway.

But I hear the i5 bottlenecks the 1070.

*** in proprietary video games

What the fuck are you implying with this post? Who buys a gaming PC to play open source games?

SLI is never worth it because too many things don't support it. Never plan for SLI. If you want to upgrade in the future you'll get better bang for buck selling the 1060 and buying something else.

Falseflagging this hard.

The CPUs from Intel today are just around 30 percent faster than four to five year old CPUs. They stopped making them faster after AMD got BTFO and Intel gained monopoly. You should probably just upgrade the CPU.

Freetards like you really piss me off. Stop trying to force your retarded choices on everyone else.

>gaming PC
OP didn't write anything about gaming

>*** in proprietary video games
As if anyone cares about any other types of games.

3D rendering, computing, artificial intelligence

Oh sorry, I didn't take into account all those open source 3D rendering AI video games.

Again, OP didn't mention games at all.
For all we know they could be doing AI researchor GPU assisted 3D rendering in Blender.

And the chances of that are 1% at best.

>SLI
>Nice memes

This

Also, why the fuck would you even want to SLI low end cards? Get two RX 480's if you want two GPU's or at least one 1080... else SLI/CFX is totally useless with low tier shit.

Kek'd, yeah, Nvidiots.