Iris pro graphics on an affordable, possibly unlocked dual core pentium for htpc...

Iris pro graphics on an affordable, possibly unlocked dual core pentium for htpc, babbys first gayming puter and cheapshit builds overall

>Thin mitx
>Passive cooling
>M.2
>DDR4L
>Powered by a pico psu
>sub 300 shekel builds

literally when?

The nucs and barebones they sell are shit value and too expensive for that money they sell for
And AMD doesen't offer anything better in their crAPUs

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why would you do that when people believe they need to spend more to have a usable computer?
They want cheap computers to feel cheap

Shockingly even normies start to understand that a good computer doesen't mean an expensive one.
This possibly would cater exactly those kind of people who want to either browse the net or play light games, but even a bit more demanding users would recognize the potential in this one

>Strap this under the table or behind the monitor
>Ultra-portable if need arises
>Packs a punch

This would be better than any laptop under 800 buckos performancewise for sure

>Thin mITX with passive cooling
>Iris Pro

not in the nearest future, iris pro isn't that energy efficient.

don't know, normies buy macbooks (intel core m for $1300)

>normies
it doesn't mean what you think it means, stop trying to fit in

>Iris Pro 6200 (Desktop) 47 W TDP
>Iris Pro 580 (on mobile) 45W TDP

Isn't some of Iris' used in the Surface pro lineups?
These new NUC's have that 580 and they're similar in performance graphics wise

>stop trying to fit in
are you 12?

Are there stages for normies?
Because who i'm talking about are the ones with little to none knowledge about "how to install my first windows"
>What is pc

Or do you consider normies as ones who prefer regular dildoes over dragon dildoes?

Although what do i know, i just want a dual core with a proper igpu

The point is none of this will work with passive cooling unless you slap a 2lb radiator on it.

Too power hungry. At full blast, the fastest Iris Pro consumes about 65W by itself, not counting CPU while a GT 940M consumes about 25W with similar graphics performance, not to mention superior drivers.

The 580 is used on Quad Core Notebooks. The Surface Pro 4 uses an Iris 540 with no eDRAM.
15W SDP rating, but it will consume up to 35W as long as the cooling is in check, which the Surface Pro 4 can 'just' handle without throttling.

Some mitx cases themselves are the passive cooling themselves and the NUC's are too similarly designed

Fine, worst case is that you'd have to put a few extra 40mm fans or something in similar fashion

>Iris Pro consumes about 65W by itself, not counting CPU
sauce?
65W is the entire TDP of the fastest Iris Pro equipped CPUs.

Well, fair enough explanations i guess.
So we're still far away from this miniscule sized PC

How about just the affordable desktop dual core with the Iris Pro in it, it's not too much asked for a "regular" mitx build with an low profile cooler on it, no?

That's just TDP.
If you run the GPU to 100% in some game that's hungry on the CPU too you can be sure the power draw won't be below 80W

SDP =/= TDP.

Intel SDP is measured at stock clocks, Turbo-boost will push the power consumption way beyond SDP figures.

See reviews with the Macbook with Core M, it has an SDP of 4.5W but it can consume up to 21W on load. That's why it looks like it has such a low clock speed at 1.1GHz, it's just Intel fudging the numbers.

I've only seen industrial PCs with the case serving as a radiator, and these are pricey and really hot when there's an i5 inside.
NUCs are actively cooled, and the Iris equipped one is loud and throttles under full load.

>worst case is that you'd have to put a few extra 40mm fans
Even a single small fan improves the heat dissipation tenfold. But OP wanted passive cooling.

I know that. I just want sauce on the iGPU consuming 65W by itself.

Notebookcheck. This is the power measurements of the rMBP 15 with Iris Pro, no dGPU.

>a usb fan blowing towards the case if it gets really roasty

Problem solved

The image you posted is from this one
notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html

- this is Radeon M370X dGPU
- this is a CPU that's two generations old
- and 91.8 watts is the total system consumption

so I don't even know what the fuck you're trying to say

How is that different from a fan in the side of the case, other than being awkward and more noisy?

The point is compromises, use a fan if a need for it arises
True it's not passive then, but have some mercy on your tech

Why not use both, and rig the internal fan as a generator for free energy?

>The point is compromises, use a fan if a need for it arises

All existing laptops and mini PCs already work that way. They will slow down or even completely stop the fan when the CPU isn't doing work.

>bend it
>not just using mirrors

What a retard

"here is a passive cooling computer you have to stick a fan onto when you actually want to do something with it"
yeah or you know, just have the fan be inside and only power it when needed

>tfw you can actually buy shit like that

The real difference would be the dust clogging in places where even the pressured air won't reach and surgical opening of the whole laptop through a million screws, where the layout is different for every single one

Versus

>Open up 4 screws and empty that sucker
Or then a tad noisy USB fan, you'd completely skip the cleaning part

The fuck does it do other than defy the laws of physics

The other real difference would be a noisier fan and/or heavier radiator because the airflow is inefficient as fuck.

not the one who posted it but you'd use this in school / university when studying generators and electric motors
otherwise you're just wasting energy in a hot and noisy manner

It swindles dumb people out of their money.

I agree with everything except the no edram part. Check my image

Sorry, but intel iris is only available on their most high end cpus