Convince me budgie isn't the best and most comfy desktop environment of all time

Convince me budgie isn't the best and most comfy desktop environment of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!yMZ0xCLQ!b2HK08a0MighdQKNyRCQepvqAf3-TeLzYjK-0ahrNCA
youtu.be/ZXiBGXGbz7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Basically a Cinnamon clone but with less bells and whistles.

who?

1. its not comfy because its too spacious
2. its not comfy because the menu bar is on the bottom and not on the top or side
3. its not comfy because the icons are flat and unloved
4. its not comfy because the wallpaper has humans in it (true comfy wallpapers dont have humans in them, this is fact. inb4 some anime fag posts his waifu)
6. it's not comfy because there are icons/shortcyts on the desktop

because windows xp exists

>Gtk DE
Stay pleb.

That's clearly windows 7, kid.

Where can I get that Vista theme?

i call it xp theme because xp was the last that used it primarily and its closer to xp than 95 for example

i dont know if vista uses the same theme files but heres windows 7
mega.nz/#!yMZ0xCLQ!b2HK08a0MighdQKNyRCQepvqAf3-TeLzYjK-0ahrNCA

>gnome with a bottom bar
>REVOLUSHUNARY

>Anything with nautilus.
Come back with proper integration for dolphin and we can talk.

Because it's not macOS.

GNOME 3 > XFCE> KDE> everything else

Also (you)>>bin

openbox > xfce > cde > osx 10.6 > haiku > windows classic > mate >> kde3 >>>>>>>>> gnome 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kde 5

>700mb just for the de to sit idle

How is this a problem?
Is this the Lord's year of 1995?

No? Then gtfo

Looks like Windows 10 and Android had a bastard.

Material design is cancer

>windows 10 with all the features doesn't go over 300mb
>a monolithic piece of shit should because muh culture

Fuck off, grandpa.

Here is your (you)

Negro what? I never seen W10 idling with lesser than 800mb and I usually disabled all the shit like Cortana right away.

Post screenfetch

Everything you just stated can be changed... seriously now...

>windows 10 with all the features doesn't go over 300mb
May be you can try not being a RAMlet so there are RAM that your explorer can consume

>I should have more ram so the system can use more ram while I can make it use less ram if I have less ram
Typical retard logic

You have no clue what you are talking about. Modern systems use more ram to make access to common functions faster like opening the startmenu or whatever. That's literally what ram was designed for. They also scale it according how much ram you have so it is not surprising that it uses more than 2G of your ram if you run around with 36G. It will also scale down that consumption when you actually need it. Just because you fell for the ">16GB meme" meme doesn't mean you are right.

it was goat, until the retard shoved the "raven" crap

Deepin is the comfiest

>its not comfy because the menu bar is on the bottom and not on the top or side

Ahh the age old meme
Does it really hurt that much to not be a special snowflake? Doesn't matter which side the task bar is on

It uses 700mb on my 2gb laptop. I wonder what it would consume on my pc.

>link iPhone to mac
I never even knew this was a thing

gnome 3 does nothing xfce4 does in 200 megabytes of ram and faster

Who talks about gnome3 using less ram than xfce? Also, gnome3 uses firefox's javascript engine to render everything, so yes it does a fuckton more than xfce sicne you can literally do anythign with it. Did you never notice how modern browsers eat ram like shit? In light of that gnome is fucking lean.

if what you are saying is true why is that not a problem? if every other wm renders everything more efficiently that is ram wasted not cached for something else. and thats only if it isnt crackpot bullshit

>its not comfy because its too spacious

Yeah the wm is not javascript in gnome, I was talking about the panels and everything else a desktop has visible. They are the ones responsible for eating ram like crazy but are mostly fixed if it doesn't leak like javascript tends to do. I'm also not arguing about efficiency but purely ram cache most DEs use to make the desktop more responsive or provide more functions. Some people like to have their search database sitting in ram to get instant results when searching, others like to have a multifunction applet that does literally everything from searching your files, executing commands, searching the internet, calculating something, or searching your emails or whatever. Those things need ram.
Also I hate gnome's wm since it's leaking ram like crazy and performs like shit on x11 and wayland. If you want a efficient wm then take a look at kwin, nothing holds a candle to what it can do and how it performs while doing it.

Looks nice OP. I have never used it. is it like a xfce4 gnome 3 and cinnamon mix? cant see much from the pic

All DEs are shit. i3 is where it's at boy

but you grossly overestimate how much these things actually need, for example a full disk search cache is maybe 30 megabytes for 2 terabytes, these pieces of software probably dont even use as much ram as they require but are incompetent as programmers so just allot half a ramdisk and hope it doesnt run out and crash the desktop

Sure, but that was merely an example of why a desktop can use more than just 200MB.
When I look what krunner enables it makes me want to vomit but it sits here and consumes barely 24MB (excluding shared which is 60). What are we even arguing about?

just read the string of posts

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

>Two clocks
>Two calendars
Babby's first rice

The only way that you can get the hot stinking mess that is Windows 10 to idle at even 400mb is if you enable the hidden aero lite theme.

New Cinnamon is pretty great and it's getting more and more features with each update.
youtu.be/ZXiBGXGbz7g

Overloaded and transparency cancer ... pretty disgusting, senpai.

> prefers cartoony icons and winxp-esque ui

I vote for LXDE, also the fastest;

wew

what distro are you running tde on?

>3. its not comfy because the icons are flat and unloved
what?

the most comfy desktop is that one that matches your needs and wants.
Budgie is nice. But for me the most comfy is XFCE with x-tile, dmenu, guake and some other tools in combination with my own theme.

When will it get stable Wayland support like Gnome 3?

When people fund the shit out of it like they do with Gnome.

This

GNOME is clearly comfiest.

oh god, my eyes

your taste is objectively shit.

is this w10 r w7?

>no trackpad-specific mouse acceleration settings
Plus, you want either shit to be in a single horizontal bar, or a single vertical bar. Using one of each is just a waste of screen real estate

Just get remix os and be done with it

Lipstick on a pig. Again.

FOTV

of course applefags would pay $128 for a grocery bag, sorry apologies, everything bag

Can you post that wallpaper?