Lagdroid is not real anymore

I just bought a quad core phone x 1.3ghz running Android lollipop 5.1.0 for 79€

It does not lag. It renders websites fast and smooth. It is kind of pretty. Camera and battery could be improved tought.

Can anyone explain to me the lagdroid meme again?

This phone does everything that most people need for €79 euros. Why would I want to spend 500 more euros for a better camera, bigger battery or play phones games with better graphics ?

Because software updates and fragmentation

Android lag is a meme

Just wait for 8-9 months

The lag was real a couple of years ago, now it isn't.

This. Android froyo a shit.

Now it's just something iPhone users mindlessly spout because they have buyer's remorse they spend a fucking grand on a piece of shit.

wait a few weeks and its going to be lagdroid

Nah, that only applies to iPhone users. Because of how little RAM their phones have, they quickly build up app cache and run out of it, prompting iOS to start randomly killing apps and/or freezing constantly.

It's not, outside Nexuses that is. Although "lag" is very vague, it's rather frame drops in animation that people complain, as there is no input delay (I guess lag would describe both). I know it's awful on Samsung like S5 and even S6, while a Nexus 4 or 5 are perfectly smooth.

you only see lag if you have that phone next to flagship

Root, clear cache regularly, and use fstrim. Lagdroid is a meme.

>79€
I'll always buy Nexus phones. I like updates and community support. Android really has matured though. Haven't experienced lag for a few years now.

>clear cache regularly
What the fuck man? That defeats the point of caching.

Trim should be managed by the OS.

Why are you so salty?

it will always be lagdroid because of Java

nice try though, pajeet

If the device has 2GB of RAM and Android is stock or near-stock, it'll be more or less lag-free unless you stress the CPU.

Lagdroid meme is still a thing because fucking touchjizz

nah, my LG G3 still lags, and has been lagging since I got it two years ago

>Skinned Android
>1440p + SD801
>Only 2gb ram on 16gb version

This is not a good combo.

I can no longer control this meme that I created.

It's not as smooth. I'm currently using the new Moto g4 and scrolling is definitely not as smooth compared to my iPhone 5s. Android has its pros and cons. One of those cons is that it's just not as smooth.

Currently using an s5 on stock 6.0.1 with kiss launcher and samsung good lock.. no lags whatsoever in any app or drawer and can easily handle multiple open tabs in ff. Custom pajeet roms tho, are a whole other issue..

Scrolling on android feels different because it is a lot faster compared with how ios handles it.. on ios you have to swipe your finger multiple times to scroll through a webpage whereas with android you only need a single flick of the finger.. neither is better or worse, just different

YES!!!!! You are one of the few people that get it. I didn't want to use the world lag because that's not correct. Scrolling just feels less natural on Android compared to iOS. iOS feels like that first time you came inside a girl with no condom everytime you scroll. Android feels like getting your dick suqq with a condom on.

>clear cache regularly
Why? Your device will have to rebuild caches for each app in the background and re-download everything it kept in cache. Enjoy wasting resources just to have more lag because every app is trying to build it's cache in the background.

nice. also running stock 6.0.1 on my gs5. even with the tw launcher there is absolutely zero lag. iphone fags trying to justify their shiny useless OS

POO IN THE LOO SUNDAR

Bloatting. It is also a NSA device. If your device don't receive OFFICIAL updates after 16 months you can throw it in the trash.

Lag still exists on cheapo curry/chink phones.

However flagship lag has been dead for like 2 years now.

And Nexuses haven't lagged in forever.

My 18 months old Android phone tells me otherwise
>Open new tab in browser
>Have black screen for 5 seconds
>Switch tabs in browser
>Have black screen for 5 seconds
>Switch apps
>No reaction until 5 seconds later
>Switch to the home screen
>No reaction until 5 seconds later
It's Android 5.1

update to 6.0.1 u retard fuk

Lollipop and above have scheduled trims that activate when the phone is in standby.

>Having a Dualcore 990mhZ SOC
>Having like 512mb of
RAM
>touchjizz
>poorfag
>blaiming Android
Kek

Dumbass
Not regularly enough
Another dumbass

Buy an s7. Flag ship lag droid. Probably fine after debloat.

I bought one, regret it every single day.

S7 is a bloated laggy piece of shit.

Why would anyone want fast cars or sexy women when this goat I fuck is just fine?

>Dumbass
>Another dumbass
nice ad hominem senpai

>fucking your car
For what purpose?

NZ or ISIS?

Tell that my Note 4

Insane keyboard laggs, avg FPS in Pokémon Go 7 while my iPhone friends have a smooth experience

>hurr durr TouchWiz

Nah CM13

Using a Sony Z3 now. It does not lag, it heats up pretty good with the rubber case when shooting 4k tho, like scary hot

an os which is a layer over a layer over a layer? no thanks

What SoT are you faggots getting?

Scraping 4 with cm13.

>Using cyanogenmeme

around 5.5 hrs cus im only using it as a wifi shit posting machine, no sim card.

/thread

>1.3 GHz quad core processor, 2 gigabytes of RAM and your web browser not lagging is supposed to be an "accomplishment"

Cell phones were a mistake.

I'm on a cheap chink phone with KitKat, never got the lagdroid meme. yes I've owned an iPhone before.

>Fragmentation
>Flash mem

Kys

Just ifags trying to desperately rationalize using an overpriced toy

>they spend a fucking grand on a piece of shit.

I spend more than that on a Friday night out. Maybe you should get a job?

>I-I have money t-to spend anyway

stock android and low-bloat skins like the recent versions of HTC sense don't lag.

i have a 6S Plus and it drops frames in animations about the same as an HTC 10, which is rarely.

seriously though, first world problems to the max.

"waah, it dropped 3 frames opening facebook! i have to go and buy a new one!"

that's what you retards sound like

This

>Z3C
>Phone sometimes responds so quickly to my inputs that it feels like it executes them before I've finished the input

s-should I be worried guys

>s-should I be worried guys
It's just the Smart™ experience brought to you by Google and Sony

Use cpu tuner oni-chan you need root access tho go with sophisticated profile and try again after a reboot

what is wrong with cyanogen?

Lag is the least of Android's worries.

>Filename

My android phone from 3 years ago had absolutely no lag, and it was no fucking flagship.

honestly no clue.. but it easily lasts me through a day with loads of Sup Forums browsing and other activities as well so got no complaints at all.. I am using greenify to keep in check some apps and don't have anything like fb or snapchat installed

From my experience on samsung phone it is generally a lot laggier than stock.. that's why I've resigned to keeping touchwiz with a launcher

I'm running Android 6.0 on a 2.7GHz quad core.
It lags like a motherfucker.

That is the reason the lagdroid meme exists. Android is so shit it's not even funny.

Anyone who has "lagging" android phone shouldn't be on Sup Forums , even reddit users are smarter

Yeah, call people retards instead of educating them, great job, dingus.

Come on, even the dumbest guy on the board knows what android's fragmentation issues are.

>Making an OS that is compatible with >10000 devices

As a result it runs like shit on each one of them. I'm not gonna point to iOS as an example - even Windows Phone does a better job than android - not only because it runs on a lower number of devices, but also because it is programmed better.

Tbqh senpai I never had any lag since my first phone (nexus 4) with android 4.2.
The trick here is:
1. don't buy shitty phones
2. don't expect things with 1/4 of the price to perform like their more expensive counterparts.

Isis

Nz would be a sheep

The problem isn't lag with Android any more, it's the fact that you're running a version of Android that's 1.5 years old.

LG G3, d855, Cyanogenmod 13, encrypted and its butter smooth.

maybe in 2012 this was the case.
using lag as an argument would be like me saying apple's iPhones have terrible thickness.

Literally nobody cares on here.

moto g here. it stopped loading and just has the front led shining. what do?

iPhone users projecting.

bump. is noone here an android professional?

Talking about lag on phones made after 2014 is a fucking meme.

I have never had my dick sucked with a condom on, but I hate, hate, hate the way iOS handles scrolling. It's like buying a Ferrari with a 35 mph hardwired speed limiter. And that stupid rubberbanding effect, it's fucking nauseating. And you can't even do anything about it. It is absolutely disgusting.

if it's flashing red, you're fucked. You probably tried to do something stupid on a low battery and bricked your phone. Try keeping it plugged in for a day or two, it might recover.

1.4 GHz quad core
1GB RAM
Android 5.1.1

Shits runs perfectly. Never had a problem.

nope its not blinking and white. i already put in a new battery and still the same thing

yeah, update to that for more bloatware

>android
>not apple

enjoy your green texts you virgins