No Speccy Thread

> No Speccy Thread

SPECCY THREAD!

GTX 1080 FTW reporting in.

You should upgrade your media center, a new generation i3 with integrated graphics would be much more power efficient and would actually be faster for media center reasons, the iGPU on the new gen intel CPUs has hardware decoding for HEVC and VP9 so 1080p and 4k video decoding is nice and smooth. Your HD 4850 would struggle with anything 4k.

I plan on setting up my own media center when Kabylake comes out.

When zen and vega come out the pc on the left is going to become the media center

>not having a 6th gen i7.
Pleb.

Zen and vega are memes, those shit will be another deception for amd and its fanboys.

Needing validation: The Thread

Agreed, I thought the same thing. This guy isnt even using the 4790k. What a sodomite!

>just now discovering the concept of using a smaller, cheaper PC as a media center
omg... and i'm over here shopping for pic related little boxes.
the only thing is i don't know my way around linux, so i'd have to pay for OS on the media center, bringing the price out of line with pic related.

I dont have speccy, but heres my shitty unbalanced build:
Intel Core i7 6700k

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz 4x2 GB

MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC

Seagate 7200 RPM 500 GB HDD

ASUS Read/Write DVD Drive

Realtek HD Audio

Lol you idiots don't understand that the 4770k overclocks to the exact same performance of a 4790k

4790k turbos to 4.4 by its self without OCing it

>No Windows 10 Thread
WINDOWS 10 THREAD!*

FTFY.

Because that matters. They're the same CPU, one just has a higher default clock that can be achieved with an overclock.

>have to overclock it

Why do people buy high end graphics cards then waste them by having 1080p sub 144 hz monitors?

> not overclocking
> 2016

Kek

Because its worse than devils canyon newfag

>nvidiot cuck detected
wew lad why do you care so much

Nvidia and Intel are far superior to AMD, and they always will be.

wait why does it not register the 1080 as 8GB?

>those shit will be another deception for amd and its fanboys.
>those shit will be
>those shit
You know if you learned english you would be able to shill more effectively panjeet .

Okay, why do you have 4 2GB sticks? just get a single 8 GB stick. or 2 4GB sticks if you're gonna upgrade later.

speccy hasn't been updated since december and it is known to fuck up reporting on cards that released BEFORE december, let alone cards that launched after the last update.

Speccy a shit and has never reported things with 100% accuracy.

ahhh, well that makes sense I guess.

Sure buddy just forget 1999-2006, the 9000, HD 4000, HD 5000, RX 200. That shit just literally never happened.

Oh boy, here we go again

>mfw haven't had a significant upgrade in years
Toaster life is suffering ._.

same olde

You're fine you fucking moron

at least your temps are cool.

wrong file, but literally the same

...what? The 4790k came out in 2nd half of 2014. The GTX 980 also came out 2nd half 2014.

The literal only upgrade you could get right now would be the GTX 1080 and it would only give 20-30% improvement in performance.

A 6700k at stock would be slower than your 4790k and once both are overclocked they are essentially identical.

You're still on DDR3 instead of DDR4, but that's only going to matter in a few games, and even then only going to give a few more FPS.

basically what the fuck are you smoking, there is no upgrade you could purchase right now that would make sense.

Don't even bother, it's obvious hes not all there in the head.

Why is my RAM unknown wtf

Its DDR4 from HyperX

>1920
>60hz

Jesus Christ. Now are you people so dumb with money.

Because speccy is shit, I fucking hate you newfags.

If you had even looked at a single speccy thread before today you'd have known speccy doesn't report RAM correctly with DDR4, nor does it correctly identify the proper VRAM size on some GPUs. And many other little bugs besides.

brand new build here

Well, why not if I had the money? Im not gonna throw a perfectly working monitor away.

Because getting 100fps vs 150fps on a 60Hz monitor will make no difference.

For a GTX 1080 to even matter you need to be using 1080p 144hz or 1440p+ res.

are you saying he should have a better monitor?

Rate me, Sup Forums.

Yes, for a GTX 1080 to be used properly you need to have a higher resolution than 1080p, or at LEAST be using a high refresh rate.

Even a GTX 1070 is overkill for 1080p 60hz.

Its GTX 1070 tho, still overkill but not as much
The witcher 3 runs in 60-70 fps

Lmao, do you not realize how many ports you have on your GPU?

Yes

>one game
Yeah you're right, your fine.

Is that you Jeff?

Thats all I need for survival, I have not seen other GPU heavy games that I would have interest in playing, or are any good.
Sure I would get like 200 fps in battlefield 4.

Like 5 or 6, I cant be bothered to look there now, why would I need more monitors?

Well it's useless, you seem to be getting what is most expensive without putting in actual thought into your experience. Hopeless. Good luck out there.

>4095MB GTX 1080

Upgrade to 10 and fix temperatures.

T-thanks I guess, I needed to satisfy my growing depression with this build.
Is upgrade from 60hz to 120hz really that big of a deal?

for the hundredth time, speccy hasn't been updated since december, the GTX 1080 came out a few weeks ago. Get over it. Speccy sucks, we know.

>he doesn't know
speccy fucks up when reporting 1080s and 1070s vram

Yes, get a 1440p 144hz monitor though.

Welp, after buying all that I need to do some upgrades for my environment, new lower desk, new chair.
My HDD got all fucked up recently. 144hz monitor probably next year if ever.

So why do we still use this piece of shit then?

Because there is no better alternative.

Is there a better replacement? We could always use CPU/GPU-Z

are you retarded? its obv a typo, most ddr4 ram is min 4gb sticks. pleb

HWiNFO32/64 summary screen has all the info that speccy provides except HDD if I recall correctly. It also has precise CPU clocks and RAM timings. Which Speccy and sometimes even CPU-Z can't get correctly.

I don't have a screenshot of it at hand though.

Ive been trying out CAM from NXZT
it's pretty nice honestly

>all BOTNET 10

FUCKING LEAVE NORMIES

GET OFF MY Sup Forums!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw nobody ever replies to me

That's because you didn't buy a DELL.

i love my elitebook tyvm... heard dell's business model laptops are very good though. what would you recommend for ~$400 used on ebay?

>desktop plebs
Literally kill yourselves, manchildren

>40hz
>hp

elaborate ?

Well 60Hz is standard so they jewed you with 40Hz.

is there a noticeable difference?

>60Hz is standard

yeah, the poorfag standard

120 or kill yourself

Yes... For serious gaming 144hz monitors are quickly becoming the standard.

But even 60hz will be noticeably better than 40hz. Smoother.

i ain't a gamer unless you count old-school nintendo emulators & roms

even then i rarely play. i watch movies.

It's a laptop you retarded cum stain and yes, it's the standard.

Well movies are 23.976fps. So a multiple of 24hz is preferred. (which is why 120 and 144hz are used)

The point is, it would be noticeably smoother for media to be on 60Hz over 40Hz.

muh thinkpad.

POORFAG
O
O
R
F
A
G

Another thread I posted in got deleted, so I ask here, since we have Speccy thread.

Should I upgrade, Sup Forums?

Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums - Video Games

R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

kys

hmm, i see. where would i have to go/how much would it cost for someone to go into my laptop and put in a 60hz monitor instead of a 40hz? and is it easy to do myself?

It's generally a pretty easy thing to replace, however if the stock panel is 40Hz then it's probably a hardware limitation somewhere in there that would require a 40hz replacement panel.

You'd need to search some tech forums for your specific laptop model and see if someone has done it.

Hardware: probably
Windows 10: no.

>upgrading to a new GPU
>not using W10 to actually make use of new APIs
What's the point?

Neither of you can say if Zen or Vega will be good or bad. All we can do is hope its good for all our sakes.

I wouldnt install Win 10 (I have legit copy of Edu, aka fancy named Enterprise) unless I would get new PC (to be more precise - new motherboard) anyway.

>Hardware: probably

Could you give more details?

>answering to a fedora wearing neckbeard
user please

>APIs
API. Singular. That very few things even use. Everything else worthwhile is cross-platform

good lord i'm stupid, literally all i had to do was go into my graphics settings and select 60hz lmao

i appreciate the helpfulness dude!

>8gb meme
>hp
>seashit hdd
>not ssd

nothing wrong with 8gbs considering the fact that i don't play games, hp's business models are very good assuming you've never used them, and i've never had an issue with my hdd, but in the case of a problem i have an external drive that i back up once every 3 months

but yea i really should consider an ssd for the OS...

two titan x's seem like overkill

hp is a corrupted company that tried to corrupt governments in the entire europe + US.
Fuck this company and fuck their products. If you buy their shit you support immoral companies.

>tried
so they failed?

therefore no bearing on me?

idiot.

just installed win10, how to heck do i fix those blurry ass fonts

Please respond ;_;