Is there a single free antivirus that isn't complete shit...

Is there a single free antivirus that isn't complete shit? My Kasprsky licence ran out and i won't have dosh to buy new one for at least two months.

>using an antivirus

Windows Defender + Malwarebytes free is what I use

or Avast or Avira I hear are good too

try brain.exe

This
Just install linux and enjoy

Comodo is decent in terms of not being intrusive memory hog. It's most likely a botnet but so is every proprietary AV.
Tinywall + Clamav + Malwarebytes.

Common sense + panda free Antivirus

honestly, just using noscript and adblock will stop everything save for hotgirls.avi.exe

this

Never install eset. It is fucking nightmare to get rid off. Almost destroyed my rock solid Windows installation by using their cmd tools .

Either install Linux (I'd recommend Debian Stable or Testing) or use Malwarebytes free & Windows Defender.

I had Kaspersky because the license came with the motherboard but I didn't really need it.
When the license expired I switched back to MSE because it doesn't annoy you and it's good.
Really if you aren't dumb and don't know what you're downloading or you run a business, you don't need to pay for an antivirus as free ones these days are actually good unlike some years ago.
Pretty much the choice is between Avast, MSE, Avira, AVG, Panda Antivirus.

>trying to find an antivirus instead of common sense

All you need is Common Sense + Optional monthly mbam runs just in case + Firewall

/thread

Sophos is free.

Commonsense: This includes DNS filter + Adblocker + GNU/Linux + Firejail

I thought this is Sup Forums

just install gentoo.

it's also shit senpai

It's just as good as Kaspersky.

Yes, there is pic related.

ClamAV! Eternally free and open source, regularly catches things that e.g. Avira or Avast completely ignore.

If you're on Windows, Microsoft Security Essentials (part of windows by default as Windows Defender in 8/8.1/10) + uBlock Origin in Firefox/Chrome.

Add in a firewall that's a physical piece of hardware, input the local IP of it in your browser, port forward for your gaymes etc and you're set to go.