Why is Arch such a broken piece of shit?

Why is Arch such a broken piece of shit?

Works For Me™

Because you can't read and Arch isn't for dumb people

don't get packages not from the repo or aur.
wow so hard.

> installed Arch on one of my machines to see what the hype was about.
> It's just a lightweight minimal distro.
>"that's pretty neat"
> went back to debian.

I see why people like it and appreciate the endless documentation but it's nothing too amazing or special

AUR :^)

>choosing your distro because of a package repo

once again I think it's neat but unless you're installing packages every single day I don't see why something that saves you 5 minutes when installing something is worthy of changing my main distro let alone bragging about it

Does debian have grsec-zen-bcmwl patched kernel in the repo? How about Inox browser? MPC-Qt?

>want Arch with Openbox
>install it using Antergos because I can't be bothered to manually do what I'd otherwise do anyway

Well I was looking for a replacement distro since I was dissatisfied with Ubuntu. Figure since I didn't have a distro I was already happy with, Arch turned out to be a comfy fit. Now I'm in that "I can appreciate Debian for what it is but since I'm happy with Arch I see no reason to change" kinda zone.

Linux Mint doesn't seem to get much attention

>Isn't shit like Ubuntu yet still holds a position as user friendly.

>Doesn't take endless configuring and customization to be a viable and useful distro

>Cinnamon is a nice default DE, as opposed to Unity.

>install Mint
>open default IRC client
>automatically connects to some random-ass Mint server with my full name in the open
Ditch this shit.

I can't argue with that other than don't use your full name when installing it.

>automatically connects to some random-ass Mint server with my full name in the open
Source

I think I remember it happening to me when I first installed for the first time but I don't really use IRC so I just ditched the clients Mint comes with.

There is no source. It just happens when you open Hexchat on a stock Mint installation.

That's no random server, that's an IRC server

Can we not do this.

Works fine, m8

Works fine for me. It's never broken for me and I update every other day.

>Isn't shit
isn't Mint the distro that got their servers rekt?
isn't Mint the distro that holds back kernel updates, even if they're crucial for system security, because they're "dangerous"?
I've only had bad experiences with Mint, including severe issues with its GPU drivers on systems where even Ubuntu worked fine.

I use nixos, what am I then?

>making the same thread over and over again

a hipster

Yes

>>Isn't shit like Ubuntu
Nice bait

too much redhat pajeetware

but is so useful. It has ZFS-like snapshots at package level. I can literally unbrick my distro with nix-env --rollback

i created my own collection of scripts and it definitely makes reinstalling less a pain in the ass

Not only have I not had any problems with Arch breaking, I've found that if I have any problems with Debian that the Arch Linux wiki is the best place to start looking for an answer.