Give me a good reason why would you buy an iphone instead of a android?

Give me a good reason why would you buy an iphone instead of a android?
You can get the same specs with half the price

>le I am not a poorfag rekt xD

You may aswell burn them you retard

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/lg-g5-review-an-interesting-idea-shoddily-executed/
gottabemobile.com/2016/07/01/iphone-vs-android-2016-iphone-better/2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im not poor

>it just werks.jpg

Honestly though, my next phone will be an iphone most likely. Always had an android just for the customization and control. I've completely lost the desire to fuck around with my phone, so I might as well get an iphone. Currently have a nexus 6 though, so it'll be awhile until I replace it.

iMessage and FaceTime.

That is all.

This.

This. These green bubbles can't get my dick wet.

>specs
>java+virtualization vs native code

Specs mean fuckall if the OS is shit at utilizing the hardware.

If you ask me iPhone is a superior *communications* platform, specifically because it can do a good lot of stuff:
SMS, MMS (including groups), iMessage, FaceTime, Skype, Kik, Hangouts, eMail.

See pic related.

t. ex-iPhone 6s plus user

Specs are largely irrelevant. The quality of the OS and software are so much more important. My wife's LG G3 has a much higher-res screen than my iPhone 6S. It also has laser focus for the camera, a microSD slot, and a replaceable battery.

Despite all this, it's crashy, it's janky, it heats up, and the battery runs down quick because of the screen. She also had to RMA it *twice*.

Specs are a paper tiger. They don't tell the story of user experience, which could be anything, because Android OEMs don't give a shit about what happens after you hand over your money.

That all having been said, one great reason to buy an iPhone is for the camera. You're not going to find a camera as good as the one on the iPhone 6S or SE on anything short of a flagship Android phone, with the possible exception of the OnePlus 3 (did I read that somewhere?). Also, Apple takes security relatively seriously, compared to any given Android OEM. Full-volume encryption is standard on all iOS devices, and is about to be standard on all Macs, and the device wipes itself under brute-force conditions. Even the Apple Watch behaves that way.

Speaking of the Apple Watch, another good reason to have an iPhone is because the Apple Watch is the best wearable. If you want to wear something on your wrist, the Apple Watch is what you should be wearing. It costs less than the analog watches the hipsters over in the watch threads cream themselves over, it's one of the most accurate timepieces in existence (if not *the* most accurate), and it has functionality above and beyond a wristwatch, including mobile payments -- which, in my opinion, are the "killer app" for wrist-wearables.

Also, you know, you don't have to worry about whether or not the 6-month-old phone you just bought is still going to get updates a year from now. Odds are, your iPhone 6/6S will be viable until 2020 or so. FFS, they're just now phasing out the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2.

All around better quality apps. Greater availability of accessories for the device vs awkward one-size-fits-all designs.

Guys give me a better offer in the price point of a Motorolla G4 (amazon edition) that either is around $180 or for a few bucks more has a world of difference in terms of specs. Currently on iPhone 4 so obviously need an upgrade. Thanks.

Stay the fuck away from Motorola. Lenovo owns them now, and everything is going straight down the shitter. They're punting on security updates now. Do not buy *any* Android phone, ever, for any reason, no matter the price, if you can't count on security updates.

I'd get an iPhone SE on a payment plan (remember, Apple now offers zero-interest 2-year payment plans on iPhones) before I'd buy anything from Motorola at this point.

Note that this is coming from a person who owned two Moto X's and a Nexus 6, and gave his dad a later version of the Moto X last year. I used to recommend them, when they were owned by Google. Not anymore.

The stability of the OS. Windows Phone is great, too, but it's simply not as powerful as iOS.

>camera
My last year's G4 beats the 6s
This year's flagships destroy it

Great, but you're still stuck with LG "quality".

Seriously. My wife had to RMA her G3 twice, it heats up like a sidewalk on a summer day, and the battery has gone from bad to worse in the 6 months it's been since the last time she RMA'd it. Also, it vibrates when the battery is fully charged, and, to my knowledge, there is absolutely no way to turn that off without rooting the phone and voiding the warranty. Incredibly annoying at night.

Meanwhile, Ars Technica panned the G5's build quality, saying it had a lot of sharp edges and felt flimsy:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/lg-g5-review-an-interesting-idea-shoddily-executed/

I'll take the possibly slightly inferior camera on my iPhone if it means avoiding LG at this point.

Damn, wow. I don't have a job so that's why I wanted a budget phone for the moment. (Gonna buy a car soon saved from previous jobs) If I could afford the iPhone SE you bet I would but as of now I can't. Also, I wanted the 32gb because I don't want low memory and have always appreciated Android/Google for backing up my photos and stuff for free while on Apple you have to fork over $10 a month for iCloud storage. I might end up getting the Motorola despite your honest argument because as I see it I can't really do a payment plan (and would never do a contract.)

My G4 has no problems other than shitty battery life because of the high res screen and my poor sight. I'll take the better camera and Android over a "premium" IPhone any day

Another thing you might want to consider about getting an SE is that, unlike many Android phones, it's ready-to-use on all major US carriers, which means you can operate on a postpaid basis and hop carriers whenever you want. That fact alone might pay for the phone.

(For what it's worth, I went and looked, and you could probably get a 64GB SE for ~$20/month.)

Also, regarding photos, you can install Google Photos on an iPhone, and it'll back up your photos just fine, fo'free.

I still have an iPhone 5 and I'm happy with it, but I honestly couldn't give you any reason to buy one nowadays. I bought my mom some Huawei for 100 bucks and thought it was going to be unusable chinkshit, but it's actually very decent. When my iPhone finally dies I certainly won't buy a new iPhone, not worth paying 10 times as much for something that looks pretty. I'm honestly kind of annoyed by iTunes as well. Whenever I use it, it's awkward as fuck.

I'm fully invested into the apple product catalog and enjoy the experience. Jailbroken iPhones are fun and interesting to play with.

iMessage.

Alright you make a compelling argument. Also, as with things that I buy that are usually expensive that I plan on using a lot, do you think it will last? Like support, structurally, and that each and every part won't slowly start failing on me? Because on the Moto case, it would be affordable and expendable, whereas something I'll have to slowly pay off over time I would like for it to last me a good amount of years. I assume it's as good as an iPhone 5s in terms of build, but even my mom's 5s that she keeps trading in has had numerous issues including the screen yellowing and now the App Store does not work at all. Nothing against Apple, but I'm the kind to expect my money's worth and sometimes more if possible. Thanks.

You do realize that aside from iMessage/Facetime Android can do all of that, right?

Ditto. iTunes is such a pain in the ass and feels behind the times. I have started to prefer Google's music service

It will last. The moto will not. Apple is still supporting the iPhone 4s from 2011, and its updates continue to improve the device rather than cripple it. That alone is incredibly impressive.

Have a Casio watch receiving signals straight from the Atomic Clock in Colorado.
Talk about accuracy.

Wrong thread but fuck Windows 10. Holy fucking shit

Boy, are you in for a surprise.

Android phones appear to work when they come out of the box. Then, either system updates happen and break shit, or they don't happen, and apps update and break shit.

And then there's the hardware QC issues. If you don't have an issue out of the box, you probably will within 18 months!

But I doubt you'll take my word for it. Go forth and learn for yourself. Just try not to post-purchase rationalize when you start seeing the stuff I just talked about. Remember this post.

The iPhone 4S was introduced in 2011. People are still using it, and it currently supports iOS 9.3, the latest stable version. 2011 also saw the release of the HTC Thunderbolt. Show of hands, who still has the Thunderbolt? Nobody? Yeah, that's what I thought. The last update it got was to 4.0, in 2013.

The Apple Watch's time is based on the same, only it's not bin-Laden-chic.

Man you should be a salesman because you just sold me over to get an iPhone wen though I researched for days on what Android to get. With the money I have I'll be slowly paying it off and will go job searching before I run into any debt. Appreciate your time.

Same reasons as anyone else -- build quality, not a poorfag, don't want girls to think I'm a poorfag.

I'm , , and , and was someone else.

Can you believe that Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Apple all passed me over for sales positions? Their loss.

I guess they must not like making money. Whatever, saw than happened at Radio Shack to me (I know they suck I just wanted money and it's relatively close to me) and then I got a better job that pays twenty per hour but it was for a while. Might apply there again soon after I spam Radio Shack with applications because a friend of mines told me that's how to get their attention to show you really want it. Btw the twenty per our job was flexible scheduling so theoretically I could have both jobs at one time

Because only autist fags care abput what phone do people buy from their money, and only autist fags fanboying for 1 brand

Honestly, my support for Apple isn't fanboyism, it's my honest opinion regarding what will function best for people. I've had a *lot* of Android phones, and only one iPhone. I have never been happier with any of my 4 Android phones (6, if you count the two I had to RMA) than I am with my iPhone 6S. It does the job. No bullshit, no tinkering necessary, no need to police security and micromanage updates myself, just a phone that does most of what anyone's going to need out of a phone, does it well, and stays out of your way otherwise.

What puts a lot of people off is that iOS has a different way of handling certain tasks (like downloading and using files), and it's very insistent about that way. In some cases, that's a legitimate hindrance, but in many cases, an experienced iOS user will find that it's actually easier to do things the prescribed "iOS way", and that's why the iOS way is the way it is. The long-term iOS user has to relearn a lot of things, but the experience is generally rewarding after the retraining is done. It's like any OS comparison: it works differently, and that's not necessarily bad.

More like better specs and OS for 1/3 the price. What's the point of powerful soc if the only thing you can do with it is to play angry birds.

Apps are better optimalized for iphones and the os is more stable, but locked down system

Android apps are a mess sometimes, it gets laggy after use and needs a fresh install but more customizable

And iphones simply looks better

>hurr hurr Angry Birds

That's funny. I use mine for Remote Desktop, MS Office, and Slack, as well as for Pokemon Go (the iPhone 6S handles PoGo better than any of my friends' Android phones), Plex, smart home controls (iOS is getting smart-home controls baked into the Control Center as of iOS 10), cloud storage management, and countless other applications.

This dumb, dated anti-iOS rhetoric does nothing but muddy the waters. Just stop it.

In that case you should just get a $20 phone from the grocery store.

My contract expired so I was looking at phones to get. I was open to the possibility of getting an iPhone but when I looked on google for reasons to get an iPhone, the only responses I found tended to boil down to either "All of my friends have one, so you need one too" (note: only like 2 of of my friends have iPhones) and "It works well with my Mac and iPad" (note: The only apple product I own is an iPod Shuffle).

I couldn't really find a single good reason to shell out the extra cash.

Then you are retarded and cant use google

>phones
Just fucking kill yourself please

My G3 is fine, the battery only needs changing after the two years I've had it. Everything changes when you put it on Marshmallow

gottabemobile.com/2016/07/01/iphone-vs-android-2016-iphone-better/2/

>1) iPhone Apps are First and Better Looking
It seems like they pulled this one out of their ass. I can't think of any app I'm interested in that's better on iOS. However, I can think of emulators that aren't available on iOS, and that the iOS version of Anki costs while the Android version is free.

>2) Fast iPhone updates for all
This is one reason I might understand. Still, 3 years support is way too low in my opinion, but I suppose its better than Android. Software updates aren't *that* important to me, though, so it's not really enough of a reason to pay hundreds of pounds more.

>3) Works great with all your devices
They assume I own apple products. I don't. This is irrelevant.

>4) No carrier bundled apps
To their credit, I have seen Samsung phones bundled with some real shit. But my Moto E is basically just stock Android, the only thing added is some Motorola recovery thing. Irrelevant to me.

>5) AppleCare
I'm supposed to get excited about paying an extra $120 for a warranty? These things only get supported for 3 years anyway, if a phone breaks in under 3 years it's either a shit phone or iPhone users are retarded.

>6) Sharing to other iPhones
"Join the cool kids club!" As I said, only 2 of my friends have iPhones. And why wouldn't I just send photos using whatsapp or facebook?

>7) Worth more when you resell
Not an actual phone reason, just an Apple brand reason. Pass.

>8) Lightning cable is faster than micro USB
I'd much rather a slower cable that's standard and works with everything else. Why would I want a non-standard connector? That's a reason NOT to get an iPhone.

>9) Apple Stores for Support
Again, pretty much the same thing as the AppleCare reason. I don't intend to break my phone in less than 3 years.

cont...

>10) Ease of use wins over android
This seems like its all down to opinion. Personally, when I've tried using other people's iPhones before, they've just frustrated me. I'm sure its just a matter of getting used to it, but I don't see why I would make an effort to get used to a new UI unless there were other benefits to an iPhone.

>11) Headphone controls
Do androids not have this feature? I wouldn't really know, I don't listen to music on my phone, I use my iPod for that.

>12) iMessage, FaceTime and FaceTime Audio
More "join the club" crap. I only know a couple of people with iPhones, but everybody I know has Whatsapp and Skype.

>13) Share Apps, Music, Movies and More Easily
More Apple ecosystem stuff.

>14) Better Control of Notifications
>"unlike with stock Android devices there are no settings options to accidentally toggle"
So? I'm not retarded. How is this a reason?

>15) Storage Use and Carrier Options
I'm not really sure I understand this one, but it does say that upgrading storage on an iPhone costs more, so that's pretty shit.

I'm not biased against Apple. I personally think the iPod Shuffle 4th Gen is the best music player I've ever seen, as unpopular an opinion as that may be, and if I had money to throw around I'd probably get a MacBook Pro. But there just aren't any GOOD reasons to get an iPhone, most of the actual reasons either rely on all your friends having one, or on you already having a Mac or iPad.

What if someone creates an app that tricks the recipient's phone into thinking you have an iPhone?

>Odds are, your iPhone 6/6S will be viable until 2020
Except they break in a year, maximum two. I have rarely seen older iPhones, they break really really fast, since Apple needs to sell their new shit.

Phones are WAY past the need for actual hardware improvements because we've passed the point of redundancy a long time ago, but android is still a virtual machine demanding lots of resources to run decently so having the same specs for half the price, which is a bold false statement, will not suffice.

I don't have an iphone because I don't have money to buy one but I if I had I'd buy one because they are very aesthetically pleasing to me and I like the UI.

>Do androids not have this feature? I wouldn't really know
They do, but that's not a real factor to take into account when choosing a phone. Not every headset has controls to begin with, and it really depends on which one you have. I know for a fact that headphone controls are customizable in all good Android music players.

>dated anti-iOS rhetoric
It is only dated because iOS has recently become so much like Android that comparing them is pretty hard. If you have so much cash, shell it out and use whatever phone you please. Using iPhones is simply not cost effective, since all of the shit you mentioned also works on Android. Also, Pokemon Go is for retards, so not a real reason.

>the os is more stable
Simply not true.

>build quality
All the iPhones I have seen break much faster than Android devices (except really cheap really shit ones, but if a person chooses between a one dollar Android phone and an iPhone, there are reasons to believe they are trolling).

>only autist fags care abput what phone do people buy from their money
This gentleman is correct. Honestly, iPhone and Android have become equally shit in the past year or so, so it really comes down to how many buttons you want your phone to have and how much cash you have available.

Also, for me, the newer the software, the worse it gets, and it applies to every phone and every system and most major apps. Hell, even Windows is guilty of that. Might be a personal preference, but still.

Also when using an Android version of VK, you can listen to music no problem, cache it and listen to it offline, but when you try to listen to something on an Apple device, it redirects you to the song's page on iTunes where you have to, guess what, throw more money at Apple. Whoops.

Where? I see people walking around with iPhone 5's here with hardly a scratch on them. Do you live in a commune for people with Parkinsons disease?

No lag

>using your phone for anything besides calling and texting and shitposting on gooksite 420

Because im not some sadact virgin I dont give a fuck about a mobile.

Thankfully iMessage seems to be predominantly a Burger thing.

>buying any other Flagship than Samsung

You brought it to yourself.

Only if your a careless faggot. I have an iPhone 4s with no case and it barely has a scratch.

And you still can't even do basic things like torrent, rename a video file you sync from iTunes, have access to a proper file system or change default apps that Android have been doing for 5 years

I used to buy exclusively Apple products until 2013 when iOS 7 was released. I knew that was when it would all start going downhill and I was right. Since then I've been using Nexus phones. They always have good community and manufacturer support. Android is also better because you can customize it out of the box without waiting on a jailbreak.

Russia, actually, so pretty close, to be honest. And it's usually some trivial shit like buttons stopping working or some one internal component shitting out or something. Retards break their phones by themselves, sure, but that's hardly an argument, everyone does that regardless of their phone.

Right, because Samsung is now in every way like iPhone. Might as well get that. Have had a Lenovo P90 for over a year, no problems, and also a mSD, because fuck Samsung.

They will add all these functions and Apple fans will be like "can your Android do that?!", just like when they gave them customizable home screens. This is just ridiculous.

Also can somebody please explain to me how a piece of plastic with a few shiny bits can be aesthetically pleasing? It's not ugly and it really does look good for a phone, but in what respect is it better than a plethora of Android phones that look exactly the fucking same? The companies have been trying to make something that looks like an iPhone for ages. They actually brag about it, like Samsung does (or was it some review? don't remember). I'm really asking, I want to hear a real answer.

I like neither Android nor Google, so when I wanted to leave windows phone, the iPhone was the only choice I had for mainstream choices. Android is a non-starter for me.

Also to answer to OP's initial question.

You get an iPhone because you're wealthy enough. That's one and only reason. Period.

If you have a cuck fetish an iPhone might be quite the desirable choice. Who needs freedom anyways?

>Do not buy *any* Android phone, ever, for any reason, no matter the price, if you can't count on security updates.

I ordered a moto x style a few days ago. just how important are those securitiy patches?

What security is there to talk about? This is Google. The updates are insignificant shit, just enjoy your phone.

You're nobody. I don't have to justify shit to you, fucking nerd.

How does that justify owning an iPhone?

At we're not degenerate homosexuals like you. Hope you burn in the deepest part of hell for all eternity along with other degenerates of this world.

For some people, an iPhone is enough. Some people don't need the features that specify (even though some points on that list are just plain wrong/redundant like >shit camera) and are fully satisfied with a "locked down" OS. Not everyone needs to install Gentoo and hack the world on the go.

Just buy the phone you want and go fuck yourself. They're all made by the same Chinese 10-year-olds, anyways.

Pretty accurate but the last 4 are plain bullshit.

Am I fucked if I get an iPhone even though everyone I know uses an Android phone?

see Also having an iPhone is starting to become a sign of homosexuality so it will give girls the wring idea (friendzone for all eternity because they think you're a homosexual).

This.

I love android but iOS is way more optimized which is why the iPhone always shits on android in benchmarks even though they usually have lower specs.

Samsung is the Apple of android devices.

LITERALLY the WORST of both worlds

whatever you say, virgin.

It makes it easier for us to narrow down how you identify
Buying an iPhone is like using (()) on your name
Unless you're a girl

>I love android but iOS is way more optimized which is why the iPhone always shits on android in benchmarks even though they usually have lower specs.
Android dev here, the JVM used in Android lollipop (5.0) and up is pretty dam close to native code speed used in iPhones. This is why literally any ancient Android phone with a snapdragon 800+ will take a huge shit on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus.

The Galaxy S7 (exynos variant) takes a shit on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus as well but this fact is hidden because of all the bloat Samsung has put on their phone. Debloated, an exynos S7 will shit on every task the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus tries to do.

>he thinks he has "freedom" for buying a different owned botnet tracking device

iPhone SE is the only reasonably sized phone with good specs.

Go die of aids you filthy sub-human.

this

degenerate homosexual turbo manlet detected

>why would you buy an iphone instead of a android?

stupid@computer

here
Well, except that it lacks a mSD slot.

But other than that, it's almost perfect.

Not an argument.

the fuck is the point of these

There is not a single phone that takes a shit on the 6s.

What kind of shitty deve are you? lmao

>using the phone with a single hand
>using the phone as a smartPHONE, not a phablet toy to watch chink cartoons or play angry birds
>still having current specs

Present arguments.

A9
NVM storage
Doesnt run android
etc

what

>There is not a single phone that takes a shit on the 6s.
Like I said, a debloated exynos variant Galaxy S7 will shit all over the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. I don't think you understand how powerful the Exynos 8890 Octa is.

Anyway even a bloated exynos Galaxy S7 gets pretty dam fucking close to iPhone 6S and 6S Plus performance.

>Spent a year and bit helping people pick out a phone for their budget / needs
>Convert some people to Android
>Wonder why the fuck I care what someone else does with their free time and hard earned money
>Become zen

Stop being a faggot, OP.

>Galaxy S7 gets pretty dam fucking close to iPhone 6S and 6S Plus performance
Lel?
How is that shitting on something? Kill yourself

>muh CPU speeds
>muh paper specs

And yet pretty much no phone has a fingerprint sensor as good as an iPhone, which matters much more in regular use.
Those that do are shit in 50 other aspects. (Don't even mention anything Samsung.)

And Android in general is shit unless you're into hacking and installing custom ROMs.
Nexus phones are literally the only ones that even get official updates after a few months.

I'm not some Apple fanboy, fuck Apple. But you people are so fucking retarded defending this chink quality spyware garbage that is 95% of Android phones.

Is your reading comprehension this bad?

Anyway Samshit shot themselves in the foot by including all that bloat. They could have outperformed the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus on day 1. Now you have to debloat it to have better than iPhone 6S and 6S Plus performance.

So anyway that leaves apple in 2nd place like always.

You also have to remember the Galaxy 6S is driving a fucking 1440p screen while the iPhone 6S Plus is driving an ancient low res 1080p screen from the 90's.

What about all the problems in and ?

I used to own an iPhone 6S before I switched to android and I have to say the fingerprint reader is a huge security exploit and a meme.

Because I may want to look like a successful man.

>Now you have to debloat it to have better than iPhone 6S and 6S Plus performance.
Got any proof or just delusional wishful thinking?

A9 is still better than exyshit

>muh 1440p
>muh specs

If you are a poorfag.

Since iPhones are so popular, good deals for leasing pop up constantly. Poorfags worry about line items on their budget like payment amounts, not how much they'll spend in a lifetime.

Stop fucking highschool girls and womanchildren

>while the iPhone 6S Plus is driving an ancient low res 1080p screen from the 90's.

This is that typical sperg retardation. Why the fuck do you need a higher res than that?

I agree those are legit problems. iOS is limited in some aspects and I hate it. Which is why I have an Android phone.
But I'll never claim that most Android phones are good, because they're not. The whole market is shit and you need to carefully weigh and choose the lesser evil.

>Luxury product
>Expect luxury from it
>"LOL SPERGS WHY DO YOU NEED MORE HUH? WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS, A PREMIUM PHONE?"

Apple poorfags on suicide watch