youtube.com/watch?v=2wCr7nj8yk4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBk0tp8aE2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>didn't ground

Why would you do something this unsafe?

US plugs don't have ground.

>US plugs don't have ground.

The fuck are you on about?

Best actual plug is that international standard one that sadly only some cuck country like Brazil uses.

Best theoretical plug would be an elongated, rounded rectangle with 6 pins (not round, rectangular connections) total, 3 on each side (one side an "upside-down" copy of the other), with each side consisting of live, neutral and ground, in that order, with an outer plastic sheath ala IEC connectors. This would give a plug that can be decently space efficient (flat sides pack close together, cable can come out of top, bottom, or back), protects from exposed pins in a non-complete insertion situation (plastic sheath), is polarized, and is reversible.

That outlet is nonstandard and illegal in the US. They're mandated by law to have the third ground pin available for use, even if not all electrical cords use it. It drastically reduces the risk of electrical shock and fire.
>source: worked at Home Depot for the summer a while back

I haven't seen plugs like that on shit since the 80s. I'm sure my VCR had one.

is your argument that at some point in history the US permitted shitty plugs?

do you not feel like you've discredited your camp somewhat by making such a stupid argument?

Is that why products like hair straighteners still come with only two plugs? They taught you wrong buddy.

He was talking about the outlet, not the plug you cuck

Who /ozone smell/ here? My power stip makes buzzing sounds from time to time, and my whole room smells like "fresh air". It doesn't help that my house was built 100 yrs ago and walll sockets doesn't have an earth connetion

>parents house built in 190
>still has most of the original wiring
>have to put in electric water heater because the gas one was against building code
>have to install new box in basement to run a new line to the electric water heater
>electrician says there is a short in one of the first floor circuits, the thing will need to be redone
>dad says just cut off the power to 1/4th the first floor outlets.

>mfw im living in japan and the majority of sockets are like this
>no ground pin
>some have a grounded screw you can connect a wire from either the plug or a separate ground wire from the appliance to
>both my computers are currently ungrounded because my room has a single grounded screw up near the aircon unit

>>parents house built in 190

Holy fuck that's an old house.

>190 is old

190s kids need to go choke on their new age rocks

houses from the 180s are more superior

on topic: why was it that countries decided that they would not have a universal standard on plugs long ago, and instead have the IEC make one years and years later (even though only brazil and south africa use it)

I can't understand a world where there arn't on/off switches on the wall. and a ground.

...THAT's your problem?

An auto-switched electrical plug is like a Glock safe action: Safe, -ish.

I can't take other countries seriously, how is Australia the only country to have switches? what would Kochie tell them to do to save money??

New Zealand also has them but nz just copies oz for most things.

I came from New Zealand. I must say the Japanese sockets have me a little uneasy but you can always get plastic plugs to stick in empty sockets, flip the circuit breaker if something gets stuck in a socket and you have to pull it out dangerously, and having 110v is slightly less dangerous than 240v when it comes to ungrounded devices (doesn't arc as far, isn't as strong, most of the stuff in your house doesn't really need the ground and often the ground on the cord isn't actually connected to anything, but the main appliances like washing machine, fridge, microwave, aircon will have a grounded plug or be attached to a ground in some way).

Australia's usage of switches comes from the british, who have switches on almost everything.

How can any one person reach these levels of retardation?

Australian plugs are SAFE

And have we ever steered you wrong?

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=2wCr7nj8yk4

They didn't exist back then. Now all new buildings must have them.

Fug

It is fine that some appliances does not have a PE pin.
Most appliances should be shielded, so the casing could never give the user a shock.
Stuff like a fridge or washing machine should have PE, because those traditionally have a conducting exterior.

Danish power plugs are all right.

But since we use a different kind of grounding pin that the SCHUKO (which comes with most products), most everyday appliances are not grounded properly.

be careful with those american plugs

Well that plug can't even ground anyways

I'm not American. But it looks more like 230V Schuko in that powerstrip.

And wasn't there alternate views that showed German licensplates on cars.

rumors have it that those people are americans on vacation in europe

uh, that's an australian plug, buddy

Sure m8

Either you didn't read what he wrote, or you lack reading comprehension skills

Yes

Do they come with witty safety slogans?

>don't die in a twitch, flip that switch

>living in russia
>never saw actually grounded outlet in my life

Why are Danish plugs so happy?

All US outlets have the option to ground not all devices use it though.

Those are japanese

The cable in the picture has a fucking ground on it you moron.

Denmark is usually counted as the happiest country in the world.

We are so happy even our wall sockets are happy.

Yes.

>house built 60 years ago
>original wiring still in good condition, but ungrounded
>manually laid new grounding wire and replaced all the outlets in my house
>works great and saved probably $5000 on electricians bills
feels good to own a house

TECHNOLOGY

I hope you realize that won't hurt you if it falls in the water... Even without ground it will short out and trip the breaker.

Not to mention you're not the shower eat to ground.

but interestingly if you extend the outlet with some sort of extension cable, the cable outlets are NOT required to provide ground

because whoever did that wasnt a pussy like you, your father and his father.

>I haven't seen plugs like that on shit since the 80s
My vizio has one and circuit breakers have one. you're fucking retarded.
>since the 80s
fucking lying underage newfag

ALSO

alot of medical technology has three prong plugs

Started a plug question thread because i didn't see this. Could any pluganon be a gent and help out please? Cheers.

>Domestic plugs
>Not IEC 60320

made me kek a lot.

Nah, that's bullshit. We (Brazil) don't use the international standard plug.We use a slight variation of it to make it incompatible with the only country using the international standard, Switzerland.

Oi

Denmark is #1 in both self-reported happiness and antidepressant usage.

They are in isolated water tank, they wouldn't die. Water would simply short live and neutral wires and flip off circuit breakers. Path of least resistance goes throu water in that strip, not through their bodies.

>Denmark is usually counted as the happiest country in the world
Norway, Sweden and Finland contest this. As usual, Ireland has the potential to join the list but the citizens are just too miserable to bother contributing.

sounds like there would be alot of untapped pussy then

>you're not the shower eat to ground.
I have no idea what you're trying to say but I find it hilarious.

>"Americans are stupid, look at this!"
>"That's Europe, dumb fuck."
>"Well those are Americans .. uhh .. IN Europe! That's it!"

European tears are almost as good as liberal tears.

>It drastically reduces the risk of electrical shock and fire.
Ahahahahahahahaahah
it doesnt

America!!!!

t. 110-voltlet

>America!!!!
>image.jpg

every fucking time. thanks apple...

>apple
That's what you get for being a faggot.

i am confused. is this targeted towards me or the iCuck?

UK has switches.

>Finland
>Happy
Only because they love suffering.

WOW
sounds like i belong there

Anything that has a two-leg plug, as opposed two the type with a grounding prong, is double-insulated. Thus, removing the need for the ground prong.

>tfw, pic related

IEC 60320 E/F plugs and outlets would be pretty sexy from an engineering perspective (strong physical connections, minimal socket depth for protected pins of a given unshielded length, etc.), but they're too ugly and bulky for consumers to ever like, plus kids could jam shit in the shroud receptacle groove, etc.

Either the engineers deemed that it wasn't necessary to ground it or it's a move for compatibility with older electrical systems.

I have done some electrical work in Europe and in America.

America has way stricter electrical code despite fancy plugs that you see in Europe.

I remember in Switzerland that insulation inside the wall was optional and I never saw a breaker less than 100 amp. Talk about house fires.

>I never saw a breaker less than 100 amp
Probably the main breaker, each circuit usually has a 10 or 16 amp fuse too.

>short out and trip the breaker

Depends how conductive the water is which depends on what is dissolved in the water.

I just finished inspecting a pool where the basement flooded and the main distribution was partially submerged. Water wasn't conductive enough to carry a fault current that would trip the breaker, so just a bit of current leaked through the water and the water all heated up. Pic related it's the water line showing how far the MDP was submerged.

Thank you user, I was kek like never before.

I'm an Ameribro and this plug pleases me.

Why do most outlets around the world only have 1 or 2 plugs? I have to install one of these on every outlet.

>That outlet is nonstandard and illegal in the US.
What? All the outlets in my apartment except one are like that. I have everything plugged in with those 3 prong to 2 prong adapters including my fridge.

I haven't laughed this loud in DAYS
thanks Sup Forums

your apartment is gonna get deported

Imported from chink land

Not allowed in Norway.

Need a certified electrician to handle circuits like that. If someone buys that house after you and notice/get a problem with it, then they could sue you.

The Italians make pretty things.

I dunno. They're similar, but European tears just have this peculiar musk to them.

That's not Schuko

>this thread

Americans in charge of electricity

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBk0tp8aE2Q

Japs dont have grounds. The US does. Their plugs look like ours you fucking euro scum.

Usb type c should be the plug used for all non heavy duty electronics. Data could be run through it too. Great for IoT in the future.

why the fuck would they not just add the fucking third NEMA-whatever pin to new outlets and mandate ground lines for new construction?

lol they arent illegal.half the homes in my area dont have grounds