Best guide and books about python 3.5

Hii user

I need some tips for good documentation and books about python.

Please can you help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/3/
docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
python-future.org/compatible_idioms.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

docs.python.org/3/

The only documentation you'll need.

Don't use code academy or "learn python the hard way".

Their teaching method consists of "type this 50 times before I tell you what it means"

Nonsense that has you codemonkeying without understanding anything.

Pick up an EDX or coursera course.

Are good course of EDX?

I propose to post exercises to practice in programming.

Example: Fibonacci

>using anything but python 2.7
you want to be productive

Why python 2.7? People say that python 2 isn't updated

Just go do peoject Euler and use the python docs on the way.

python documentation sucks

Python 2.7 is the version that's actually used by companies. Even Guido's own employer isn't planning to move to Python 3. Python 2 is supported until at least 2020 and Redhat will pick up support after that. Python dies with Python 2.

Really do you think python will die? What is a good language today? I hate C# and web services. I prefer software application

python is going nowhere.

python 3 has some cool new features and for that reason is intentionally backward incompatible with 2.7

all those new features mean nothing when majority of libraries are for 2.7... and that's all that really matters

>and for that reason is intentionally backward incompatible with 2.7

The only features that had to be backwards incompatible were the string changes and renaming packages to be in line with PEP 8. They basically killed the language for autistic reasons.

I have a question. Today if a person know based about programming and he want to learn. What language recommended?

try java rashid

>Fibonacci
Recursive shit. Fuck recursion.

def fi(n):
f1 = 1
f2 = 1
digits = [f1, f2]
for i in xrange(n):
temp = f1
f1 = f2
f2+= temp
digits.append(f2)

return digits

print fi(10)

Python isn't going to die that easily.
The transition to 3 is being harsh, yes, but the community will get over it.
Most libraries on pypy (the langague repository) are already py3 compatible are that are zero reasons to learn py2.7 instead of 3.

Op: docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

>zero reasons to learn py2.7 instead of 3

If you ever get a job you'll be using Python 2.7 not 3 so you might as well learn 2.7.

>learn 2.7
aren't they almost the same? I only remember things like print changed there was barely any real difference

Strings are now all unicode and you can't use them for byte arrays.

I thought this book was ok. The best way to learn python is to find a small project/script that you want to make and just live in the python documentation until the project is complete

DON'T read learn python the hard way as many other people have stated above

python-future.org/compatible_idioms.html

>DON'T read learn python the hard way as many other people have stated above
Literally no one recommended that in this thread.

literally failed preschool

>Strings are now all unicode

use the formula if you don't like recursion

My internet gf asked me for sites that explain programming to people like they're fucktards/kids, she's already done a little bit of python, she actually asked me to help her learn more (she lives in a 3rd world country and might get a job out of it, especially as she has pussy privilege) so are there any sites out there like that?

I was thinking maybe Khan Academy or EDX or Coursera or maybe just youtube tutorials

Might post her pic if this gets enough responses

Could be interpreted either way
Not btw

codeacademy

>internet girlfriend

Spoiler: it's a man

Spoiler: Nigeria Connection

thenewboston explains things very clearly.

I suggest you to try with Small Talk, it is a fucking bomb

Dude, I have met her IRL, I just keep in touch with her over the internet

You might want to read:
- Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science by John Zelle
- Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python by John Guttag
- Automate the Boring Stuff With Python by Al Sweigart

I will say be wary of Sweigart's book because although it can get you started on a lot of small projects really fast and is much better for actually showing what programming is to someone who knows nothing about programming, it's a very general book.

The doom and gloom in the thread concerning python 2 vs 3 is pretty accurate, but there's not a lot of harm in starting with 3 so long as you make sure to learn the 2.7 equivalent, and vice versa if you start with 2.7

Not this. REEEE anyone who ever feeds you the "muh offishul documentation" line for Python (only Python, though). Official PyDocs suck so much dick for anything specific it's unreal, you're better off scouring StackOverflow for answers and explanations.

Shut the fuck up, normalfag