Remember when GPU prices were reasonable?

Remember when GPU prices were reasonable?

Titan X ($1200) = GTX 580 ($499)
GTX 1080 ($599) = GTX 570 ($349)
GTX 1070 ($379) = GTX 560 Ti ($249)
GTX 1060 ($249) = GTX 550 Ti ($149)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/4239/nvidias-geforce-gtx-590-duking-it-out-for-the-single-card-king
anandtech.com/show/9059/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DELETE THIS THE GOYIM WILL KNOW

Based 560 ti

I still have mine and have been looking to upgrade but I still haven't found the next 560 ti and 2500k level bang for my buck yet

Technically they jacked up the price by $50 like they said they would, excluding the titan.

GTX 1060 is very reasonable.

What point are you making, the benchmarks are nowhere near equivalent.

My RX480 is super reasonable and the best GPU I could've ever gotten

You're retarded

It would be more interesting to see what the difference is after accounting for inflation.

No? My friend paid $1000 for the Geforce 3 on release.

Nice, user. Mine died a week ago ;-;

remember when you could buy a chicken dinner for a nickle?

Oh, you mean back when...
>GPUs stayed relevant for only half a year at best
>You couldn't sell it for even half the original price after the new one came out
>GPUs could be used only for games, meaning that you were explicitly a gamer scrub if you bought one
Love them rose-colored glasses.

Remember when a happy meal was $2?

Thanks Obama!

Yeah I remember the 590 and it costed $999 you fucking retard

this. op is a fucking retard

Don't forget
>You had to upgrade every year or all the new games literally wouldn't run
>You had to subscribe to magazines to get patches for games in discs and many fucking PC games were literally broken for months.
>Games literally wouldn't run on certain cards and you had to run on software rendering
>A good PC capable of gaming cost $5000 literally 15 years ago

Good times, these embryos never learned

anandtech.com/show/4239/nvidias-geforce-gtx-590-duking-it-out-for-the-single-card-king

>Price Point
>$699

>You had to upgrade every year or all the new games literally wouldn't run

When performance improved by 50% every year, not surprising

>Games literally wouldn't run on certain cards and you had to run on software rendering
>typical Matrox owner

>muh voodoo
>muh glide
Eat a dick, I'm glad they died

>Titan compare to 580
You're done, go home. There was no functional equivalent to the Titan for that generation of cards. The 580 didn't have unlocked double floating precision performance like the Titan cards do.

Remember when your mom costed only $0.99

>muh Glide

Reminds me of AMDrones and 'muh Vulkan'

OpenGL is the spawn of Glide, not surprising that ATI/AMD sucks shit at it.

>what is bullshit MSRP
>what is inflation
>what is a titan
>what is a "high-end" 580
please go kill yourself

too bad nvidia is shit at opencl and amd literally took 10000 shits on nvidia with bitcoin mining power

>((($599)))
>((($379)))

>bitcoin mining
kek that's not what a GPU is for. If anything it just hurt AMD more down the road.

No, they have never been reasonable.

it's for whatever the fuck i want, ok?
>If anything it just hurt AMD more down the road.
what a fucking retard you are :^)

It literally did, their target audience
Gamerboys with their parents cash couldn't afford their $1000 bitcoin mining trash, The grew up with nvidia and never left.

>Gamerboys with their parents cash couldn't afford their $1000 bitcoin mining trash
everyone who was into mining was probably mining early, but you wouldn't know that, you poor little wageslave

Neither is the current year
His point is legit
Except the Titan. The 1080Ti is supposed to stack up to the 580, not the Titan X 2

580 = fully enabled die
Titan X = fully enabled die
980 Ti/1080 Ti = cut down die

Remember when the cost of electronics was falling relative to inflation?

The titan x is cut down retard

480 had a cut down die. Do a comparison between 4xx series and 10xx series instead.

anandtech.com/show/9059/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-review

>Packing a fully enabled version of GM200

>480 had a cut down die. Do a comparison between 4xx series and 10xx series instead.

No 1st gen Fermi ever shipped with a fully enabled die

Heat and yields

i remember getting this for 180£ at launch

Fucking poorfaggots forever crying on here about how gpu's are expensive.

Im sure we are talking about the new one, the new one is cut down, the maxwell one was full

Apologies.

Pascal Titan X Black (fully enabled) = $1600?

Don't want to make a new thread just for one question, and it is nVidia related:

Those small single fan cards vs. larger, two-three fan cards - what is the deal with those? Like, if you have little space in a case or what?

that or they will pull another 780 ti
or both

depends on the card
you realise that less metal = shittier cooling, right?

I just ask in a way 'Would I benefit from a smaller-baby-tier card'? Or do I just get a regular one and don't even sweat it. I have shitloads of space in my case, so size doesn't matter really.

PC gaming is never reasonable.

"$400 budget PC" is bullshit.

>"$400 budget PC" is bullshit.
Is not. But who the fuck want to play things on PC with NOTHING in it?

get the most massive cooler you can fit in your case is always a good rule to follow

just stay away from water cooling, it's retarded

You shouldn't be comparing consoles to PCs like that anyway, everybody has a PC in their house, so you should be comparing the price of a shit tier PC+a console+whatever consoles charge you annually for online VS a single PC, so around like $600-$800 should be the price

also forgot to say

I don't want to live next to a hovercraft. Something not too loud would be perfect for me. I am skipping on RX 480 for that reason alone.

My 560 ti was 2 GPUs ago and it's still probably my favorite card. Based af.

Its like you said, the small factor cards are meant for small cases/space, get full sized ones because they should have better cooling

I don't agree with the other user, bigger doesn't always mean better,
You can read reviews or opinions on what are the better things of each model, and then choose the one that suits you more

my 660 ti is still strong but temps have gone up by 5c this year.

>GTX 1060 is very reasonable.
$250 for a low-end card is not reasonable.

You forgot
>when you had to edit autoexec.bat and reboot for every different game you wanted to play

its midrange and it isnt $250

If it was a midrange card then it would support SLI, and wouldn't be the weakest card of its family.

It's a fucking low-end card.

>it isnt $250

Right, it is actually $350 on amazon, because nobody has it in stock.

>DIRECT X 12
The 750ti supports sli, guess its not lowend

>(Thing) has one of the prerequisites of (category)
>That must mean (thing) fits in (category)!
Laptops have keyboards. My desktop has a keyboard. Is my desktop a laptop?

geforce(3) ti-500 master race

>bitcoin

amd just sucks, so nvidia, doesnt need big dies to competite, since they are still the performance kings. I feel like nvidia is adopting intel strategy, they will do similar strategy to Tick-Tock of intels and release new series cards more often, Volta is rumored for 2017 1-2Q. They dont need to crank out everything from there cards now, so they can release non-fully optimized cores and still gain huge performance lead over AMD, who are struggling to even release mid end cards.

I don't know what you're on about, the RX 480 is epicly cheap for it's performance.

OpenGL is based on Glide dipshit, it never actually died.
Also Voodoo is Geforce now, not much changed.

I bet you never even used Glide or had an Voodoo card, probably where still shitting your pants when Voodoo was a thing.

>buma

The 6600k is the new 2500k

>reasonable
'reasonable' would be between $50-$100, dumbass. anything above that is terrible.

Can I 1440p game on a GTX 1060?

Is 125€ too much for an EVGA GTX 750 Superclocked 2 Gb? Can it run games at 1080p?

Since 1070 is overkill for 1080p, which 1060 should I get?

In non oligarchal countries, wages follow production growth and the cards, adjusted for inflation, don't cost that much more.

Fucking amerifats, I swear.

RX 480

Minus the 3.5 memegate the 970 made everyone cream their pants when it launched because of the price/perf

hue

I remember when I didn't know shit about hardware but my gt220 broke and I needed a new GPU. I got a used gtx460 1GB on eBay around the time where they were realeased. I paid 50€ shipped. Was this a good price? It still works.

it's because amd can't compete anymore

>people loved the 970 because of how well it performed in video games
>3.5gate happens
>everyone acts like the card is shit even though it performs EXACTLY THE SAME

they are still reasonable you just need to buy a used one and let them go bankrupt. a gtx 480 is 70 usd on ebay. you can go 4x sli or whatever. stop feeding corporate america

How about you start voting third party instead, amerifat.

Small fans = higher RPM for same cooling effect
Large fans = lower RPM for same cooling effect

If you want a quieter GPU, you want one with large fans, instead of one with smaller fans.

Same applies for CPU coolers. My coolers are almost silent. I can only hear my HDDs. Can't wait for SSDs to be cheap enough to replace rotary HDDs fully.

Nice meme but the GTX 570 can still play most games maxed to this day, and 95% of titles it can't appeared in the past 2 years.

>tfw literally had to cash out 500 bucks for a proper 1070
Was thinking about a 1080 but jesus christ these things start at 750 in Europe.

Yeah, but when it launched it actually launched at the price they FUCKING SAID IT WOULD!

What a retard. Fermi was Nvidia's latest arch to have good fp performance.

They are cheaper than ever

For $200 you can get most of last seasons 1080p GPUs or a new 4gb rx480

>hurr no stock
fucking reserve one, mine shipped the moment stock came in and retailers cant buy them in fast enough

mine died sunday ;_;

I'm pulling the trigger on a 1070 tonight as well. it'll be worlds better than my 2gb 760, and if it's not good enough, I'm just going to sell it when big pascal comes out and maybe get one of those. And if it's perfectly fine, just wait another generation or two and do the same thing.

Still using my 580. What a wonderful card. Definitely wanted to jump on pascal but I probably won't upgrade until a 5k60fps card comes out.

Here is how it hurt AMD

>cards are great at crypto
>new crypto resists asic
>faggots chasing fake wealth buy out every new AMD card on the market
>only nvidia left in stock
>average joe buys whats in stock and does not care about getting ass fucked with goyworks
>24/7 mining kills cards under warranty so miners RMA it
>AMD constantly replacing fried cards while rest of market cant buy their products

some EU retailers blocked bulk RX orders to curb miners from destroying the customer base

It's the weakest card in the family so far. There will obviously be more cards below it. Was the 1070 low end until the 1060 was launched?

>GTX 560 Ti ($249)
clearly you're a newfag, the 560ti was $200 in order to compete with the 6870, which was $180(and it traded blows with the 560ti on a game to game basis making it better depending on what games you played)
but you are correct, we will never see the glorious price to performance ratio of the 6870 ever again.

No it fucking can't lmao. I have one right now in my system.
I don't know what's with the bias of everyone "I have x card from 5 years ago and it runs everything maxed at 60 fps at 4k"
I have a 560 ti in another system and it struggles with modern games.

not sure if retarded or just pretending but that's not going to earn you even one rupee, pajeet.

this guy is right
t. person with gtx670 that can't run the new assassins creed games

Yep, my 580 can't even run witcher 2 at max settings smoothly.

Wrong, OpenGL is based on IrisGL
OGL 1.0 was basically the opened up version of IrisGL minus a couple specific features.

And I did own a 3Dfx Voodoo. Drivers were always a nightmare to get.

my gtx 660 would randomly crash in witcher 2 thanks to overheating. you wont believe the amount of dust i pulled out of that card. works better now, but its time for retirement