GNU/LINUX ON ARM IS DEAD

Why have ARM manufacturers abandoned Linux?

OMAP is Dead, Tegra is niche and only """maker""" boards still have proper support for it

Qualcomm literally releases zero non-android drivers anymore and the same goes to other vendors

What tablet is that

Why haven't you abandoned your will to live, OP?

Because I still have my N9 and Nvidia Shilld

Nvidia shield

>android
>not linux

Android has no Linux binary compatibility on the userspace and has no GNU components *at all*

You could possibly run Android over BSD with enough effort

Is that keyboard the mk220? Is it any good?

>no GNU components
You can install them in Termux if you want to.

>drivers
>user-space

You're retarded

Meizu Pro 5
BQ Aquarius M10
Any machine with a RTD1295
Raspberry Pi
CuBox
Android w/ Busybox installed
ARM Openwrt routers

Meizu and everything with Ubuntu Touch uses libhybris which is kinda cheating (But the best thing ever made for Android!) that acts as a HAL between android drivers and the hardware to run standard Linux stuff, unfortunately doesn't support X11 though

The rest are maker boards

Busybox can't make me run Crysis on my device

>libhybris
Just found out what that was, it's a fucking miracle. Like how BSD can run GNU apps in 32bit mode.

Yep, wish knowledge about it would've been more widespread so it could force developers and OEMs to move from Lagdroid and kickstart a third platform now MSFT is out of the game

why because I destroyed OPs entire argument?

Linux is only a developer and server OS
Most people dont need to use it

>nvidia shield
good goy

That Mac Pro is still beautiful in 2016.

Gentoo

where is my x86 phone with a thunderbolt 3 usb-c port for external graphics??

its fucking disgusting. one of worst cases apple ever made

>anodized aluminum
>not heavenly
>not sexy
>not intoxicating, just like a fine wine

bro, its disgusting. it tries hard to look nice, but its just tacky as shit. doesnt help that the aluminum has massive flat areas, and is thin as shit.

enjoy your dust, fagboy

Alert: Thank you for your submission into the Windows 10 facial recognition database. Don't forget to keep your webcam uncovered!

ENHANCE!

What is wrong with your keyboard OP?

ARM is dead itself

I have a duster and prefer to dust off my computer materials regularly. Who doesn't?

The only one who did this well was Sun, and even then it's not a good design
There's a reason the Mac Pro was never inducted at MoMa, and has been abandoned and pretty much forgotten, the only fine machine Apple made was the Titanium Powerbook, and to a lesser extent the aluminium Powerbook's
The Mac Pro is tacky as fuck

I took those keys off because I never press them.

i prefer using a case that prevents dust from getting inside, so that way i can use my fucking duster on the filters alone and not every fucking part of my pc, but don't let me stop you from being a raging homosexual. carry on

>le apple is ghey Sup Forums meme xD

>completely moving the goalpost

God I really wanted a tegra x1 convertible laptop with android or a decent Linux...with at least 4-6gb of ram.

Any chink manufacturers done this??

What the fuck does GNU have to do with something being Linux or not? Go away Stallman.

i was calling you fucking homo because you're bad at dust management but sure, we can also go with that

linux is not even a developer OS. As someone who makes end user software I never use linux for anything.

>this contrarianism
The neo-Ultras were featureless bricks with some mesh half-assedly thrown in to break things up a little. If it didn't have the logo of Sun, Sup Forums's backup lord and savior, you wouldn't bat an eye to it, or maybe you would, because you're probably one of those shitters that worships Fractal fridges, too.

thats a br id

>Android
>GNU/Linux

>implying you can't put a filter in a Mac Pro case
I used to have a filter for my PowerMac G5

He is probable talking about having C/C++ libraries available on the package manager is very practical. You just apt-get install libusb and you are good to go. Using C/C++ on Windows or Mac OS without homebrew is a pain in the ass.

>GNU drivers

>I took those keys off because I never press them.

did you remove your legs because you sit on your fat ass all day?

if that pathetic setup from OP's pic is the future of ARM then shit needs to die asap. ARM threads need to die also.

not op not really my mouse wheel click died after 4 or 5 falls from a small table

>Why have ARM manufacturers abandoned Linux?
because ARM has no server market share and the main money source and business relevance for GNU/Linux is in the server OS side

yes, we need more desk threads, look at the animu i put on my desktop threads and old thinkpad threads.

>The neo-Ultras were featureless bricks with some mesh half-assedly thrown in to break things up a little
As I said, they were a bad design, just like the Mac Pro's

>Why have ARM manufacturers abandoned Linux?
>Qualcomm literally releases zero non-android drivers anymore and the same goes to other vendors

Linux is a kernel. Linux is Android's Kernel. You seem to be confused about how computers work.

What are you on about? Yes Android is "Linux" but it's kernel is very heavily modified and maintained separately,
probably patching in a few things from upstream occasionally.
Just because something was written to be compatible with Android dosen't mean it will for Linux.

Looks like something a Chinese government hacker would use.

Maybe if you use .NET

Uses OMAP
You're not me you fucking idiot, in answer to I had an accident with a soldering iron melted some of the keys, haven't been assed to print new ones

Here's a Galaxy Y with Arch + LXDE by the way!

How did you install Arch on it?

>I don't use it
>Therefore no one uses it
kek

t. macfag front-end web "developer"

I want to be one of them then if I get a free Dragonbox

how is that monitor , OP? it is on sale for just $320 . I am planning on buying it tomorrow.

Pretty good, colors are a bit flat though but it's very solid