Got this coming today in the mail. Did I fuck up? Also Chromebook thread

Got this coming today in the mail. Did I fuck up? Also Chromebook thread

Depends on how you want to use it. If you were planning on installing a full gnu linux os. I would've bought another laptop with a decent BIOS that makes it easier to install another os. But I don't think you'll be dissatisfied.

Just using it for uni and traveling. I might use crouton with Ubuntu if it doesn't take to much of a performance hit

Makes great bedside internet machine and fap station.

>buying a botnet
pls

But to botnet is comfy and just werks

Are the education oriented models better than the general consumer ones? I just got a Lenovo n22 because it's supposed to be more durable.

I believe their the same hardware just more durable so schools can buy them and put them in labs for public schools

Acer chomebook 14? Well congratulations you just bought a meme.
This thing cant and probably never will run linux/windows. Seabios do not support uefi gop. Also i have 4 core cpu with shitty single threaded perfomance.
Toshiba 2015 is much much better.

suburban cucks detected

Why is Chrome OS the only Linux distro that's actually ready for the mass market?
Fucking hell man I was genuinelly optimistic about Linux in 2007 when ASUS launched the eeePC, and it took Google to do get right.

I have the same one. I absolutely love it.

Can the Chromebooks with an Intel CPU/iGPU run CSGO after you've installed Ubuntu and Steam on it?

Even old and cheap chromebooks eg acer c720 could do 30fps 720p on medium in cs-go.

sure

I quite like the N22 as well. Not that I've tried other Chromebooks.

I actually bought myself one after getting one to replace a family member's aging XP-running Dell laptop.

Install galliumos.

No. The problem was software. Now the only obstacle is adoption (and degenerate Sup Forums).

Normies don't run linux because their computer is already pre-installed with windows.

It's backed by a huge company and comes preinstalled with hardware.

>botnet CPU
>botnet default OS
>purposely designed to be possible, but difficult to install a third party operating system
>no ethernet
Absolutely.

because it's normie proof

Hey Sup Forums, I'm thinking about gettkng a toshiba 2015. Is it worth the $60 or so to get the i3 model vs the broadwell celeron? Just planning on using it for web browsing and working on toy uni programming assignments.

>difficult
Literally download crouton and run some shell commands. Easier than installing linux on a fresh pc

i would never ever buy a non-business laptop without an exchangeable battery. not even one that works from an external battery because the bios will suck and most of the time you can not disable the internal battery being charged by the external one.

thinkpad/dell or bust. if you actually want to >work< on your computer (on something that requires its cpu/gpu) you will be fucked with these devices. keyboards also sucks.

My Toshiba Chromebook 2 shat itself and I soon realized there's almost nothing you can do to troubleshoot.

Toshiba customer service is so shit I might just bin it.

as long as you remove chrome os and replace with with an linux distro of your choice, you're good...
>IF you're just want an surf laptop

buy one with an ARM processor (x86s are botnets) and put linux on it, problem solved.