Post your mouse

Post your mouse

I got this thing. After a bit less than two years the scroll wheel button stopped working so I assigned the middle click to the middle button closest to the scroll wheel. Been about two months and now that button's responding only thirty percent of the time.

Why is it so shit? My old Naga(a blue numpad one) lasted me a good five or more years.
The numpad is just so helpful for 3d modeling so I want to get another Naga like the Naga epic but I'm so worried it's going to just be more money down the drain.

Goat mouse

Only the comfiest and bestest.

what the fuck is that thing

this

>inb4 left click starts failing

A St aircraft

Still going strong

i want this mice but if it was around 90-100g
ive had ducky keyboard for years now so it would be cool to have ducky mouse too

just noticed i wrote mice, kek

Deathadder 3.5g i got from Aliexpress for $25. People have been complaining about double click issue but it's been only 3 days since i got mine, hopefully it'll last enough

neat

Why the fuck are your mice so dirty

I had mine for around 2 years before it started double clicking.

Had to get my first one replaced due to sensor rattle, but this one is fine. Had an MX518 before which died after 9 years of use and I must say I like claw gripping rather than palming.

Is there an updated Sup Forums's approved (like 2015) mice list?

I'll get a new one some day.

Redragon Mammoth, it's probably shit, but it works fine for what it does. For less than $30, I can't really complain.

A4Tecg Bloody V7.
Over 2 years now and still no double clicking malfunction and the wheel is still working properly.

paid $36 had to break the buttons in but it's going on 1 year which is longer than my razer lasted

Func is rip now

Best mouse.

I really like mine.

tfw worn out G logo on my G400s

Does anyone know a mouse that is similar to the Roccat Tyon but better?

Same, pretty good for productivity with all these thumb shortcuts.

There are other options like Corsair and Redragon for that type of mouse

Same.

Mine's failing, powers off after a few movements, but I've had it for 4 years and 9 months. Awesome while it lasted though.

G402 arrives tomorrow.

what up

I like it

The official Sup Forums mouse.

What the fuck is Sup Forums?

a secret board, bro
check it out

Secretly the best mouse.

I used to have a mouse collecting problem but I've settled on 2 (for my 2 computers) that are satisfactory.

G502 and Deathadder 3.5g

No other meese I got were as good as these

nut even Zowies?

Feels good not having a meme gaymurr mouse

Same
Shane it looks like a ufo becuase it's a great mouse

currently using a zowie fk2 most of the time but I have one of the new dm1 pro-s mice on order and may switch to that

DA is really a very decent mouse, except when it starts double clicking
Have they fixed that shit in 2013 / Chroma?

whats the best deathadder knock off?

I like its 'feel'

If it starts, you can replace the switch easily enough if you're not retarded with a soldering iron.

underrated post

Fuck I tossed mine out.

lol no, it's a flaw in the switches themselves. They just wear out over time because it's a little flat spring that's like ten thou thick.

Jesus user.

But aren't they just regular chinese omrons (like most mice)?
Must be something else

Mine wore out switched to this and loving it
R.I.P. Func ...again ;_;

I think it's just a design flaw with the mouse buttons as well. I think they let you press too hard on the switch which over time warps it. That said, they also have a fucking firmware fix that sometimes works so who the fuck knows.

They wear out in all mouses. Around a year ago replaced switches in my G400, they lasted for around 3 years.

Yeah but cheap mice seem to last forever in that regard. Like growing up we had the same desktop mouse for like 6 years and it never had any double click problems.

Just put my old girl out to pasture and got a Zowie EC2-A

Loving it so far.

I suspect manufacturers might use worse quality switches now. They probably don't expect the average teenager they aim their products at to keep a mouse for longer than 2 years.

Maybe. Could also just be designed that way to break shortly after warranty. I don't like to accuse companies of doing that because it's usually fairly bullshit but Razer has quite the reputation for it.

Really? I have an ancient Logitech and its the plastic mouse button that wore out in mine, never the switch itself.

A dying breed.

I think it might be the way it works but people express it really wrong. It's not that evil companies make things break faster to make people buy more things. It's rather that they have researched people's buying habits and concluded that an average person changes their phone (or insert any other product with appropriate time span) every two years. If people usually replace it in that time anyway, why make it last longer when you can save up on production costs?

Maybe the older switches were actually better made.

People don't tend to enjoy buying mice constantly though. And considering their target audience, most 14 year olds have no concept of a lasting product so they'll just beg mommy to buy another one when it breaks in 18-32 months.

I keep fixing the double click every time it wears out.

>tfw i have the same mouse

and the mouse5 is fucking broken in less than a month, had to add some extra girth on the right side because shits tiny

also shit scroll wheel, udderly shit.

But shape overall is really good.

Nah, they will beg for a new one as soon as new shiny gayman mouse appears on the market.
Actually normal people don't have problems with buying new mouses because they use it less and thus it breaks less often. Just my guess though.

How fast do you wear out the switches?

>no Zowie FKs

for shame Sup Forums

Used one of these for 5 years, nothing wrong with it at all, just decided to upgrade to one of these

About once every 8 months now. It's going on 5 years, and the cable is still in good shape.

>Nah, they will beg for a new one as soon as new shiny gayman mouse appears on the market.
I guess that's true.
>Actually normal people don't have problems with buying new mouses because they use it less and thus it breaks less often. Just my guess though.
Normal people don't usually buy $60 mice though.

Is the Mionix Naos good?

>Normal people don't usually buy $60 mice though.
Yeah, but I suspect you could find the very same omron (or something of very close chinese quality) switches in any mouse. They are really cheap.

Sole mounse since August 2006 and it will not fucking die!

Not complaining of course

Also £27.85 at the time so none of this £60+ gamer mouse pish

>Maybe the older switches were actually better made.
They were. Old omrons are japanese which are pretty rare these days.
But DA still has higher failure (doubleclick) than most mice, using the very same switch. Seems odd

doubleclick happens when the spring gets bent out of shape. this happens quickly if the metal is a lower quality, or isn't tempered properly.

That's mine. Years over years and still working strong.

How is that middle button holding up?

Mine sometimes requires a bit more force to make it click.

This. Love the thumb shortcuts.

Mammoth owner here, have this one too. Honestly, if you have the Perdition, the Mammoth's a straight downgrade unless you really don't ever use the buttons on the side.

mustard race

Is the spring made from iron-based alloy though? If it's not it can't be tempered.

fine, hardened.

I have this, best mouse I have even used

Yes it can, most metals can be tempered. But only certain kinds of steel can make good, long lasting springs. You can make a spring out of most materials but it won't last nearly as long.

I primarily wanted to ask if the spring is made from iron-based alloy. I have never checked what metals/alloys are good for making springs and it picked my interest

Thanks for the info. You mean "most metals" as in "iron-based alloys", don't you?