Perpetual Motion Machine

Can someone explain this to me?

youtube.com/watch?v=30h6hrxACdA

Did this guy invent a perpetual motion machine?

This just seems unreal to me.

Like, if he really invented it, why is he posting it on YouTube? Why hasn't a big company stolen his design and patented it yet?

Why do we even need gasoline powered cars if we can just make every building be powered by these things?

The guy says this machine can run for 50 years without stopping. Is he full of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PkoJrs5n8
youtube.com/watch?v=LhyJC-SkgCs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Dk-xS6nABrYC&pg=PA167&dq="perpetual motion&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q="perpetual motion&f=false
youtu.be/sT_bTnkwLuE
github.com/philipl/pifs
mentalfloss.com/article/30214/new-math-time-indiana-tried-change-pi-32
curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/37-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-and-the-earth/111-is-the-moon-moving-away-from-the-earth-when-was-this-discovered-intermediate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Perpetual motion machine
>youtube

He says 50 years. So it isn't perpetual.

Nevermind, I guess he did patent it.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PkoJrs5n8

False alarm.

I guess he used that technology to make a permanent USB charger box.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhyJC-SkgCs

Fuck...

We may actually live in a time when we'll have cell phones that never need to be charged.

>Perpetual motion is motion of bodies that continues indefinitely. This is impossible because of friction and other energy-dissipating processes.[2][3][4] A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can do work indefinitely without an energy source. This kind of machine is impossible, as it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics.[3][4][5]

Source:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

>Wikipedia
>credible source

Not him but here's another source then.
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Dk-xS6nABrYC&pg=PA167&dq="perpetual motion&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q="perpetual motion&f=false

And also, let's say hypothetically we do have a perpetual motion device, as soon as you start trying to generate energy from it you are withdrawing energy from the system which will cause it to stop or slow down.

I don't get why people assume that a perpetual motion machine means infinite energy, it doesn't. It just means a machine that hypothetically wouldn't lose any energy while it is running, generating energy from it will contradict it not losing any energy

Perpetual motion DOES mean infinite energy.

Say you have a machine that lifts a rock over and over.

Every time the rock comes down, you can attach a wheel to it that takes the energy, then the wheel withdraw the wheel temporarily until the rock is lifted again.

That infinite energy - the total energy of the system remains constant and finite as you transfer potential between the gravitational of the rock and whatever your perpetual motion device is.

Perpetual motion assumes that that transfer would be 100% efficient, which is impossible due to friction and others resistive forces.

> 2:15 - each ultracap connected in series

this is some top tier trolling, guys.

No. Reading post like this hurts. Lifting a rock requires energy. Its literally Force times distance so in this case 9.8*H;
You cant lift the rock without losing energy. Perpetual motion would require you to get that energy back. in a frictionless environment the rock falling would return the energy used to lift it. So it would be a perpetual system but you arent producing more energy than you started with. Fuck youre so stupid Im triggered.

Isn't infinite energy**

everyone in this thread is retarded.

beakman will educate you.

youtu.be/sT_bTnkwLuE

The machine would depend on the energy of the rock coming down to send it back up again, taking some of that gravitational potential energy would mean the machine wouldn't have enough to send it back up to the same point again.

A perpetual machine is a mechanical machine that can move perpetually, this would theoretical mean that all interactions that the machine faces would lose no energy from the system as a whole. This is practically impossible which is the conversation point. Harvesting this machine for energy would mean that there is an interaction in the machine that removes some energy from the total system, therefore the machine would slow down/halt.
Alright you watched a video about perpetual motion and now you think you have a fucking degree in physics.

Perpetual machine != infinite energy

GUYS, GUYS.

WE'RE FORGETTING ONE THING.

What about the perpetual motion of the moon around the Earth? Or the Earth around the Sun? Or Sun around the Milky Way?

Like, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume you could put a giant transistor parallel to the orbit of the object and just get infinite energy that way?

>Is he full of shit?
Yep.

This thread lol.

That's not perpetual motion, the moon is in orbit and would eventually collide with earth in the far future. You could harvest energy from it with negligible effects

>Moon will collide with Earth in the future

Hahahahah

Show me one citation where it says all orbits eventually collide.

Lets go through the list
>No actual explanation of how it works
Check
>No peer reviewed documentation or indeed any documentation at all
Check
>But you can buy it for the low low price of only four thousand dollars
Oh great, check.
>No explanation as to how it breaks the known physical laws
Check.
>Catchy name, possibly involving the words magnetics, quantum, beta or anything else fancy
Check, check and check.

It's real OP, give him $4k and you'll have your perpetual motion machine.

He explains at the end.

No he doesn't. He says a whole load of nothing and then says "believe me it works."

>literally trying to argue that the 2nd law of thermodynamics is wrong
oh god I hope this is bait

I think the moon is actually drifting away from the earth.

Hey, while we're at it, could someone also please explain to me how to square a circle?

I read some pages on www.mathisfun.com, and I think I may have discovered a method that nobody in history has ever thought of before. My trick: just round down π to 3.0, and the problem becomes trivial!

To any mathematicians on this board, does that sound about right to you? (please don't steal, I'm going to patent this.)

Speaking of stupid ideas. How about we store data in pi? :^)

Nuclear power directly violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics, so you're wrong

Elaborate. And don't you fucking dare pull a "muh disorder" argument.

Nuclear power only has about a 10% efficiency of conversion of mass to energy

>let me guess, your browser history is like this:
>infowars
>breitbart
>foxnews

Oh boy here we go again

Confirmed retarded

>10% efficiency of conversion of mass to energy
Not him but 100% of the mass "destroyed" is converted to energy. Converting that energy into electricity, on the other hand, is horrendously inefficient.

It's been already done, behold πfs: github.com/philipl/pifs

Though I bet you already knew that and just wanted to look like you though of this yourself.

Watched it for 15 seconds and the guy sounded like a fucking retard.

>anything with batteries is perpetual motion until the batteries die!

No.

Good luck trying to isolate something so it doesn't lose energy.

Oh, so you're actually retarded.

boobs

It's not impossible your just a shill that works for the oil industry.

All a PM machine needs to do is generate more energy than it uses.

>This kind of machine is impossible, as it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics
>it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics
>it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics

Laws are meant to be broken, and it happens all the time as new discoveries are made.

>rounding π
nope
mentalfloss.com/article/30214/new-math-time-indiana-tried-change-pi-32

No, energy is constantly being lost due to gravitational waves. Due to the mass of the objects, there amount of energy is very large, and the amount of energy lost due to gravitational waves is very small so the effect isn't noticeable on the scale of human lives. However on the scale of many billions of years, objects orbiting each other will lose enough energy to crash into each other (assuming gravitational tidal forces don't ripped the objects apart into a debris cloud as the objects near each other, which is actually the most likely outcome for most objects in this scenario).

For what its worth, the sun will die before anything close to this happens to the earth or any other planet in our solar system.

>Nuclear power directly violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics, so you're wrong

Ok, I know you are trolling or mentally challenged, but I honestly want to hear your theory on how it violates the 2nd law, for the entertainment value of course.

>Laws are meant to be broken, and it happens all the time as new discoveries are made.
Exactly which fundamental laws have been invalidated in the last 100 years?

Besides, a theoretical argument that someone could at some point discover something that contradicts the fundamental laws doesn't prove that this guy has done so.

How can I get in on thorium before it goes truly viral?

I recommend storing in your underwear so that you can never breed

user I nearly watched that youtube video until you summed it up for me. Thank you.

Anyway PMMs will happen, eventually. They'll probably involve magnets and a yet discovered material that can negate or even reverse the polarity of one side of a magnetic field. They won't have capacitors, heat sinks, or anything fancy. Just a rotor that spins up until the force of the magnet driving it is equal to the force trying to stop it. Depending on the kind of magnet they can lose their properties too, so cheap ones will lose power constantly over time.

Even then they'll have too small of an energy density to be portable. Forget self charging phones and laptops or a complete halt on oil. More like niche self spinning fans, no plugin wireless charging stations, self maintaining battery system in cars, and things like that. Nasa might put one the size of a house in space and give the ISS a nice stable power source and gyroscopic stabilizer.

In short. They will exist and might already, but don't expect the miracles some idiot on youtube promises.

What if energy source is virtually infinite? Watch the video bub

>By the time humans are another forgotten race hundreds of billions of years dead it will stops producing energy.
>Not perpetual enough
Get out

The moon is actually drifting away from the earth at a rate of 3.8cm / year.

curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/37-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-and-the-earth/111-is-the-moon-moving-away-from-the-earth-when-was-this-discovered-intermediate

I know it's retarded bait but I bothered to look it up and now nobody else has to.

Yeah, when he said that each cell goes to a super cap, but then all super caps are in series
>mfw u wot m8

>runs for 50 years
>perpetual
>PERPETUAL
>the battery cell is part of the machine therefore there is no input or energy

All in all this shit isnt better that something already made
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator

Yea nah.

"usb is taking a backseat now that higher current is attainable. We'll revisit consumer electronics later."

Basically when it came down to him having to prove his shit will do what it says, he just "invents" a new "product"