EBay Sellers

Does anyone else troubles with selling items on eBay ? I can't get my items to get any views. Let's hear some pro's and con's of selling on eBay.

>pros
you'll always have customers
>cons
those customers will claim that you didn't send the item as described and ask for their money back and paypal will side with the buyer in 99% of cases

it's a shithole for sellers

I almost never seem to have any problems selling things on eBay. I don't think I've had a single item go unsold.

I had some idiot try to say a CD I sent him was scratched and wouldn't play. I know there were no scratches on it when I sent it out, and I listened to the whole thing before listing it. He didn't file a SNAD claim or anything, and I told him to fuck off when he asked for a refund. But he did leave negative feedback.

I'm doing fine on ebay as a somewhat new seller, but I really wish there were other competing sites for selling/auctioning used electronics

I work in a warehouse that exclusively sells shit through eBay and amazon. We ship out over 150 orders a day and I can tell you that no matter what you put on there, it won't mean shit to the customer if you don't advertise 'free shipping'. All you have to do as the seller is put the highest shipping rate (example: the price of how far you are willing to ship the product) into the product price. Then your shit will sell and the customer will pay for shipping even though it says 'free shipping'

That's mean. I've always gotten what I've ordered

Worked in a small warehouse similarly, but we rarely offered free shipping, and had stagnant growth.
pretty unrelated really, but yeah we should have put free shipping most likely

I just bought 64gb 8x8gb of r2x4 registered ecc memory for $110 Tfw free shipping

>Wasn't my listing
fuck you buddy

>buy something
>seller uses shitty usps tracking
>supposed 2 day priority
>stuck in pre shipment
>seller says it's been shipped
>it's been 3 days
feelsbadman

>sell item
>no payment
>2 days later ebay sends payment reminder
>seller says they don't have money, but should be able to pay in a few days

Oh yeah all us sellers run layaway programs.

>sell item
>no payment
>2 days later ebay sends payment reminder
>oh, I want to bid on another item, can you combine shipping
>wins second item
>send combined invoice
>no payment
>get message, uh do you have anything else for sale

Are you seriously buying more of my items because you don't have money for the first ones you bought?

Just started selling a few weeks ago to clear out some clutter. Not getting a lot of views, maybe its just slow during the summer.

Getting started is a bunch of work, gotta take photos, weigh everything, find boxes that will fit the items, weigh the boxes, measure the boxes. Most of my stuff is fragile so I had the indignity of paying for 14 cu ft of packing peanuts. Gets easier as you go since I have the dimensions and weights of 3 different sizes of boxes that cover most of what I'm selling.

I predict ecommerce will die eventually, Amazon is already being killed by knock offs and scammers, OpenBazzar could be a good replacement because it is possible to use it without buttcoins.

Jesus man, can't you even report them to ebay? I can't believe they would side with them

i sell on ebay all the time, always have about 20 auctions going on. if no one is viewing your listings it's probably because no one cares. Before you list an item search for the same item and see how many have SOLD in the last 6 months. Also, I have had items listed and not sold or viewed for over 6 months, and then finally someone bites. It's about right item to the right person at the right time.

I've had ppl try this with me a few times. I tell them you have 2 days to pay or at least contact me and give me a reason why you can't pay. If they don't contact me, or don't have a valid reason, I open a dispute and let eBay deal with it. Every time I've done this, I win the dispute and get a credit. Only problem is you gotta wait like 2 weeks. But you shouldn't have to go through all this work to get someone to fulfill THEIR end of the deal, give them an opportunity, if they fail, then just open dispute and let eBay deal with it...YOUR time is more valuable.

i've sold a cpu, a psu, a $600 monitor, an extra tv that was sent to me during black friday, some memory and a motherboard on ebay and didn't run into any problems, maybe i'm just lucky.
still wish they'd ease up on the fees though, losing 13-15% of the money on the things you sell sucks.

>All you have to do as the seller is put the highest shipping rate (example: the price of how far you are willing to ship the product) into the product price. Then your shit will sell and the customer will pay for shipping even though it says 'free shipping'
clevergirl.gif

>I predict ecommerce will die eventually
wuht. maybe when 3d printing is in everyhouse but even then the major sellers will find it advantages to make giant meeting sites to sell their stuff

I usually see the opposite, where they rig the cost of the item into the shipping price. Fucking jews act like it`s a store and not an auction, but put it up for bid instead of for buy it now.

it's called amazon

>Tfw on an x79 mobo I got for 125$

Seller couldn`t figure out how to get it to work, and the guy who out sniped me backed out of the sale. Feels good.

>pros
If you are so broke you don't have money for shipping labels (like I was) they will front you the shipping labels until the customer gets their product and releases your payment. Once the money is in your paypal (3 days after the mark the item received or whatever) they are supposed to charge you for the shipping labels.
>cons
The problem is they charged my account for the labels without me receiving my payments first. So they overdrew my account. Five times. ~$250 I had to pay my bank because they didn't care that it was ebays fault. Ebay didn't care either, neither did paypal. They just kept explaining to me how the delayed postage payment thing works, ignoring my objection that it didn't happen the way it was supposed to. I was passed back and forth between ebay and paypal for hours, put on hold for hours.
Fuck ebay, and paypal.

who uses eBays shipping labels? Just write that shit out by hand.

Thanks. Our boss is kinda jew. So yeah.

That's super jew right there. They could have a 50% mark up and if you weren't smart you'd buy it thinking you didn't get cucked.

You save 10 to 30 percent on actual USPS shipping cost by using eBay or PayPal labels.

Do people but used from Amazon? I've never--well, I have bought used books, so yes, I guess I have.

Also, we get a shipping discount through FedEx and a commercial rate through USPS. We 'charge' full pop shipping by adding it to the price after 30% markup. So customer pays shipping and we get some chump change from it too. 140-150 orders a day can net us hundreds of dollars extra to take care of overhead like boxes, tape, etc.

Yup... I am a fulltime used cd and book seller on amazon. Do a few thousand a month and use the fba program, so very little hassle.

I have no problems. Like other anons, I search for what I'm selling first to find out the price range and volume. I also offer free shipping because people hate doing arithmetic in their heads. I put an effort into packaging as well. I have a modest 140 reviews with 100% rating since 1998.

Here's my problem: every time I go to the post office to grab the obligatory Priority Mail box/envelope, the one that I so carefully looked up on their travesty of a website is never there.

>mrw I use the wonderful lobby postage ATM

Ask your local post office for the number of the warehouse that supply them their boxes and usually your postal guy or gal can deliver full cases of whatever you want all for free. Like 1095, 1097, shoebox, or padded flat rates. All by the case.

USPS will ship all priority packaging to your home for free. Check out their website.

Thanks, anonbros. I'll try that next time.

Sure thing. I ship a lot. Like.. A LOT. Am warehouse manager.

How much for yours maybe I want 128gb

I was kinda naive but here's one of my eBay stories

>get into mining Bitcoin in 2013
>decide to start selling a bit on eBay cuz why not
>starts out good, honest people, quick payment etc.
>soon start getting nothing but stolen accounts buying
>learn to wait a little while before sending bitcoins
>eventually get some turd who actually paid but wants to dispute I never sent anything despite the proof in the blockhain
>PayPal suddenly freezes my account since selling cryptos is against ToS
>have to send them a fucking notarized letter promising to not sell any more bitcoin

All in all I made about $200 and lost like $30 on scams so not bad really.

Pic related, one of the many scammers I had to deal with

I also once almost got screwed over when a buyer claimed to have not received a $250 Best Buy gift card I sent him but when I played for him the recorded conversation I had with Best Buy telling me exactly what he bought and where with the gift card he backed down.

Sorry that happened to you. Cash is king in eBay. Good story user.

'Bout the same price

>be 2011
>wanna make some money but unable to get job
>sell lego mindstorms robotics kit on ebay
>get like $80 after shipping and ebay fees
>guy opens dispute saying i didnt include software
>told him i said no software was in the box
>send him screen shot of auction
>"ASK ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING, NO RETURNS"
>paypal decides to favor him
>send his money back
>get package next day
>he tore the fuck apart of main controller board and it doesnt work anymore
>tell paypal item wasnt in same condition i sent it in
>lolsorrydude.jpg

fucking ebay

follow up story from like monday

>wanna buy galaxy s2 motherboard
>offer seller $3 below asking price
>declined
>offer seller $1.50 below asking price
>declined and blocked from paying full asking price or sending messages

seriously, why the fuck is best offer even an option.

>Pros
Someone will always find your stuff
No niggers like craigslist

>Cons
lots of shit you have to pay out the back, to the point you get negative profit

I would mail them thousands of bees