Shaving is technology

Shaving is technology.

Have any reccomendations for someone who has thick facial hair and sensitive skin?

Looking to get into safety razors

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Feather-Double-Edge-Shaving-Razor/dp/B003YJ70NY
amazon.co.uk/Edwin-Jagger-DE89L-Detail-Chrome/dp/B005GO38ZY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469649989&sr=8-1&keywords=edwin jagger de89
amazon.co.uk/Omega-49-Professional-Bristle-Shaving/dp/B0030G7KU4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469650067&sr=8-2&keywords=omega brush
amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469650150&sr=8-1&keywords=astra superior platinum blades
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007MW2ZW/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FGWU0W/
shaving.ie/products/hjm-by-muhle-pure-synthetic-fibre-v2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you shaved more your skin wouldn't be sensitive

get this

amazon.com/Feather-Double-Edge-Shaving-Razor/dp/B003YJ70NY

and learn to shave using only the weight of the razor head without pressing down

best shave ever, for your face
and your legs

how exactly do i use this shit? I always use the small trimmer cause idk how to use this

DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB

MAKE SHURE TO SIGNUP AT
WWW.NVIDIA.DOLLARSHAVECLUB.COM/LINUS+SHILL

Get cancer, problem solved.

I use this. Also cut my hair with it. Eventually saves you quite a bit of money, by not paying to get your hair cut.

>amazon.com/Feather-Double-Edge-Shaving-Razor/dp/B003YJ70NY
did you bother reading the OP
1.) new to DE shaving
2.) sensative skin
while feathers are undoubtedly the sharpest and closest shave you can get once you master it they are hyper aggressive, these factors will make a newbie cut himself easily and also if not paired with a very light touch and a mild razor extremely bad shaving rash.
so, it all depends on price, i'm a bit of an edwin jagger fanboy so YMMV.
my best starter combination for a new shaver with a bit of cash is
1.) Edwin Jagger 89
amazon.co.uk/Edwin-Jagger-DE89L-Detail-Chrome/dp/B005GO38ZY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469649989&sr=8-1&keywords=edwin jagger de89
buy the most pleasing or cheapest handle, you're holding it gentle dont worry it wont slip.
2.) Omega 89 boar bristle brush
amazon.co.uk/Omega-49-Professional-Bristle-Shaving/dp/B0030G7KU4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469650067&sr=8-2&keywords=omega brush
takes a while to break in but makes a decent lather for its price, needs more water than a decent badger so i would squeeze gently and shake 3 times as a rush of thumb(i shake 5 with badger)
3.) i'd personally get a shaving blade set to find what you like but a universally good blade is astra sp
amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469650150&sr=8-1&keywords=astra superior platinum blades
sharp and fairly mild, stay clear from derby and shark, cheap and bluntish.
4.) soap, if you got dollar get taylor of old bond street, if you havent use the one with the astra SP or if you got a kit poraso is nice, and cheap.
5.) get an alum stick, you WILL cut yourself one day.
6.) use any ceramic or metal bowl to make lather for now
now you're set a few tips
use blades 3 times maximum, they cost about 10p its still cheap as this and creama re the only dispoables.

if you have time go with, across and against the grain

I break out around day 3 after a clean shave and also get lots of ingrowns. I've never been able to get around it so I stopped using blades. I only suffer it for job interviews and generally use a beard trimmer with the guard taken off.

you sound like a fucking marketer, wicked_edge.

Don't ever fall for the double edged meme if you have sensitive skin. It's only good for body hair, the face gets literally destroyed. Just use safety razors, FOAM(don't use gels, blades don't come as close to the skin. I always wanted to tried shaving oils though) and put as little pressure as possible.

user, double edge razors are safety razors

you're thinking of straight edge memesters

I meant disposables. Still new to the english terminology.

Op here. Yeah thats exactly what i go through it fucking sucks.

Did you ever try a a safety double edged razor? Was it any better for your problems?

FUG. I meant he should use cartridge razors.

fuck off gilette

I use an ancient three-piece Gillette razor with feather blades. Bought a cheap van der hagen brush/bowl/soap set. Mug brand shaving soap is fine too. No idea what to do for sensitive skin, just git gud.

why is that girl shaving

>girl

I can't bother using a razor every day even if I wanted to.

I use a cheap electric trimmer/beard thing that leaves like half a mm of hair but otherwise I just wouldn't do it or I'd fuck up my face from constant cutting.

Sp do i. But what i hate about using my elwctric is the fact it can fuck your skin too and scatter flakes of skin all over

1)Press button
2)Move over hair you wish to remove

This. Nothing else.

started using a safety razor with blades from all over the world, japan, pakistan, america etc. using proraso cream which lasts 10 times longer than I expected

I don't have much facial hair and my skins always been sensitive since birth, it's helped a little bit and I think economically it fits nicely between the cheap ass bic single blades and the gilette fagmo3000 17 blade extraordinaire cool vibrator2.0

I get less ingrowns but they still show up
Just remember you have to maintain the cleanliness of the shaving apparatus itself, the blades are disposable but the handle/butterfly clip needs cleaning

I think ill just stick to a beard fuck ingrown hairs

>frustrated and tired of deodorant chunks getting stuck in my underarm hair
>shave my underarms
>no more deodorant chunks, instead the stick glides smoothly and neatly
>cool breezes feel much nicer under my sleeves

Why didn't I do this earlier?

it doesnt work somehow

You're welcome.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007MW2ZW/

or

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FGWU0W/

Outta my way scrubs, real moneysafer comin tru

my friends use electric shavers and they never have skin problems, eventually I'll switch over because I'll never 'require' a baby smooth shave in my career and it'll take too long for my beard to fully develop

Until the stubble grows back and your baby pit hairs are like daggers stabbing your sides and cutting you as your arms swing back and forth

I don't know. I don't personally get that experience. I prefer to shave that area regularly. It doesn't really take that long.

Literally go to fucking Kroger and buy the cheepest bag of razor they have. Don't fall for the razor jew retards.

I can only use electric shavers, my hair is curly, had a problem with it during basic training and got yelled at for weeks for not shaving when I applied for a waiver. Fuck razor bumps.

>being a Neandrathal hat grows bushels of hair everywhere

>chunks
>he doesn't use liquids!

>cheap disposable Chinese single blade razors

I tried that and it game me so much irritation those things should be banned from sale.

>mfw shaving with 100% aloe vera gel

I use some as seen on TV brett farve ones. they work well. I'm a thin hair non beard fag

I didn't choose my genetics, f-a-m, they were chosen for me.

OP

You just need to learn how to shave. I've got very sensitive skin and now I can pretty much use any razor without cutting myself because I know what I'm doing

Using the absolute minimum amount of pressure against your skin just enough to keep the blade on and drag the blade down

Tadah

Also Gillete Fusion Proglide 50$ for 1 1/2yr of shaving.

Thanks mane

Don't worry, not everybody can hit the genetic lottery.

Anyone got an opinion on these shave clubs like Harry's or whatever?

They're shit m8

They give you a metal razor

He isn't in middle school apparently.
Didn't this site have an age limit or something?
Didn't this site have mods or something?

I'd be scared to shave my genitals with that, and if I'm shaving my legs I'd have to go full on

They're better than dollar store, high quality cartridge razors. I quite like the shaving lotion, its a very aesthetic packaging, but it still feels too expensive for what it is somehow

I just use an electric hair trimmer and knock my neckbeard/stache to "five o' clock shadow" every week or so.

feels nice that i finally shaved my nice fat cock the other week and also my legs

>mfw I can shave just fine with a few splashes of water and the two blade 3 for $4 from the gas station
It's nice not having bitch skin.

Use me as an onahole.

Bullshit! Shave every fucking day and my face didn't stop breaking out until I started shaving every other day. Some people just have sensitive skin.

Hispanic

Question about feather DE. I get about 2 shaves before I have to replace. Do people just flip the blade over to get more shaves? Since everywhere I look people say I should be getting about 5 shaves. I don't think I'm a manly man with a coarse beard or anything. What gives?

This
>No razor burn
>No ingrown hairs
Fuck shaving, trim

>Have any reccomendations for someone who has thick facial hair and sensitive skin?

Don't focus on the razor.
Soaking is everything.

>tfw have smooth baby ass skin
>shave with gilette razors
>shave with disposable razors
>shave with fucking rocks if I wanted to
>no irritation or itching or anything

Nice mang.

Also one time I shaved my legs cause I dressed up as a girl, being 15 and finding Sup Forums were some bad past decisions.

Do you still have pics

Don't fall for the safety razor meme. It's total bullshit. Takes way longer to shave and cuts your face up.

Get the latest Gillette razor. No joke they are by far the best and fastest shave.

I wish I did user, I saved them on an old ass internet image hosted from back then but it ended up going under with all my shit in it.

I was a pretty girl.

I also ended up having sex with one of the girls who put make-up on me and dressed me up. On a later day I mean, and not dressed as a girl sadly, my life isn't a doujinshi...

>spending $8 on overpriced shit
Fuck off Proctor & Gamble.

Just join one of those dollar shave club places if you want to use disposables.

Are vibrating handles a meme?

I spend like $50 a year on Gillette blades, it's nothing.

>i was a pretty girl
>was

trans or some shit?

ALSO PROVE IT. show us your girl feet

50$ a year compared to just under 20$ for 200 double blade razors kek

I dressed up as a girl once user read the thread.

I doubt you'd like to see the feet of a 25 year old 170 pound hairy office worker.

>Shaving with manual shavers
I don't have the time nor desire to spend up to 10 minutes every morning shaving with a safety razor just so I can say "hey i shave with a saftey razor lol"
I just use a generic electric shaver I bought from Wal-mart for like $30. Works perfectly fine for my face and I get the job done in less than a minute.

SAUCE

no fuck you

I use this thing, best fucking shaver ever. I also use a trimmer with attachments to deal with tapers and shit. Always well groomed.

Also, use something like lectric shave to get the skin ready if you're particularly sensitive to shaving.

OP, Usually I just shave with the gillette fusion razor with only hot water everywhere on my body, it seems fine. I've already used it over 20 times without chaing the razor head and I don't see anything wrong with that

>$20 vs $50

Wow you saved a whole $30 and wasted a shitload of time and cut up your face shaving with a shitty safety razor.

>this
Use and electric razor, man. They take two seconds and they literally cannot cut you.

Lectric shave? Can any other anons stand by this product? Does it really work?

smoove skins get out

200 blade razors can last you way longer than a year desu

Yup, I always shave my pits for the summer. Few swipes with a trimmer and I'm good for months. I don't need to keep them bare, just down enough where they're not full of sticky paste. It is so nice.

200 blades should last you like at least five years.

this shit right here, or really any "medium quality" razer that takes saftey blades.

if you are starting out get a not as sharp blade likes derby or you might just fuck you face up bc it really is a different experience and you need a steady hand

you HAVE TO lather soap or whatever on your face prior to shaving to help get the hairs it makes a huge difference

and do this 4 times for the closest shave-1 in each direction
lather soap on areas then: shave down
repeat then shave up repeat shave left, then again shave right and you will be freshh fresshh

they sell "straight edge loaders" at the beauty supply stores its like a straight edge but it accepts saftey blades and they are like a few bucks but i prefer a DE type loader bc its more easy and less practice to get good

>make your armpit nice and dry with a liquid.

i only use the open comb and the mini gillette travel tech or w/e its called with feather and gillette blue blades

do the short handles ever piss you off? or is it easier to use? seems legit for travel but i dont want to buy some think that is like a toy and to hard to use bc its so small

Bump

I always toss blades after 3 shaves

maybe lather up more so the blade is not rubbing your skin so much?

also try to strop it like use an old belt and give it a push "up" with the edge.

finally a lot of the sharper edges hold that edge less durably, try a couple different blade types

I'd echo all this, get the edwin jagger, it's honestly better than others I've used (merkur futur, various parker and gillette razors)

astra SP blades are al I use now, perfect quality. You can get sharper, but at that point (with fethers for example) you're getting miniscule benefits in shave quality, for drastic increass in shave time, care you need to take, etc.

One area I'd suggest different is to grab some arko soap sticks instead of the TOBS or proraso, I just brefer lathering on my face with the stick in the shower, no fuss, no cleanup. Plus arko lathers as soon as you wave a brush in it's gneral direction.

The omega brush mentoned is a decent brush, but on the budget end of the scale, I'd far more recommend something like the sythetic muhle black fibre, like this hjm model:

shaving.ie/products/hjm-by-muhle-pure-synthetic-fibre-v2.html

If you're not reusing disposable razors you're doing it wrong.

Cordless beard trimmer + fuck shaving

If you aren't fat you look good with some stubble

If you're fat have fun shaving lol

So how many of you cant grow beards and are using fancy fag knives to feel better?

-sent from my GNU/ShitStache

>do the short handles ever piss you off?
not at all. its probably a lot easier to use unless you have hotdog fingers.

Op here. After reading all thes responses i learned shaving is a meme and my memes already have cut me deep enough.

>shaving

fucking heresy

It smells horrible, I don't care if it works or not. I only used it when I had a foil style electric razor.

Foil razors suck shit, get a rotary like a Norelco. As long as you're not pushing hard on your face it'll do a great job and wont leave you with razor burn.

Shaving with a safety razor etc is great for people who don't have jobs. Gives you a little project in the morning.

neato, ill probably pick a smaller handled one up then

I feel like I could tell anything to this man.