So the year is 2016 now...

So the year is 2016 now, do we have any real good alternatives to the modern day memory hungry web browsers that have been dominate for years?

>using anything other than Firefox or GNU Icecat

Just about every 'new' browser is based off firefox or chrome so you're not really ever going to get anything different.

>unironically using those browsers or their forks
enjoy your 0days, cuck

Suggest an alternative or admit your ignorance.

>tfw we've gone three years without a decent browser

Both Chrome and Edge are more secure than Firefox, as neither has been b& from pwn2own for being easier to penetrate than your mum

Wait a minute, Britfriend. Are you actually attesting to the idea that Chrome is more secure that FF?

i've heard good and bad things about midori? what's the general consensus here? i've fiddled around with it. all i can say is i like the low cost

Firefox has had 29 code execution and 3 privilege escalation vulnerabilities this year
Chrome? 1 and 0 respectively

opera is literally the best again.
>managed to be better a chrome than chrome
>not a slow pos of shit like sjwzilla
>constant updates.
>tons of extensions
>no jewgle nsa botnet
there's no reason not to use it again.

>there's no reason not to use it again.
Sure there is, my hatred for them gutting Opera.

>complains about botnet
>uses Chinese intelligence agency's spyware
wew lad

The reason modern web browsers use so much RAM is because the web today relies heavily on JavaScript, therefore a web browser without JavaScript support should be your optimal choice.

am i the only one here who uses Pale moon?

I used to till it started memory leaking into like 10GB for no good reason

oh, how do you check for this?

Is your palememe holding onto 10 GB of ram for a few tabs?

Just use edge. It's the most efficient by far and I doubt that will change when it gets plugin/extension support next week. Hopefully the few bugs it has get fixed too.

If you don't have windows 10 you're sol

why not use vivaldi?

no chink botnet, just icelandic spy elfs

i only have three tabs open ATM, do you have any other firefox forks to reccomend

Opera 12.14 still works

Firefox or Icecat is fine if you're on a desktop for laptop I'd say Chromium, the threading and pepper flash seems to conserve battery better.

just my 2 cents

FF is a dog. Once it's violated (infected) it has to be completely uninstalled. Yes Chrome is more secure than FF. Opera rocks right now.

Why 12.14? Windows has 12.18 and the rest have 12.16. 12.16 masterrace reporting in, by the way

12.16 fucked something, can't remember what it was but something was fucked about that version.
it still works, but it was fucked.

Been working fine for the last three years I've been using it

I had to look it up since it's been so long since I've looked into all the bullshit, but you can't set a default custom search engine in 12.16.

But that's wrong

I remember the hassle of not being able to set Startpage as the default search engine, post proof otherwise in 12.16 if you think I'm wrong

I tried it in 12.16, that's why I said you were wrong. Because you are.

no shill, but in august firefox says they are releasing some anti fingerprint stuff and multiple processes. maybe they are stepping back in the right direction. I see alot of people with firefox nightly, i am just biting time until i see how vivaldi developes a bit more and if ff is actually going to start doing shit people care about again. currently on standard ff47.1with extentions

desu it is a bit noticeably slower. also i dont like the concept of the user id shit. i asked how to do a fresh install and the whole forumn was like "why would you do that, constant id is legit"
i hope they build out enough to let it be open so interested peeps can contribute

what

>why not use vivaldi?
Why not chug a bottle of bleach?

if you delete vivaldi and then redownload it remembers you and the same everything reloads onto your browser

fuck really?
I'm reconsidering my choice,
I have no idea what to use now, old opera is too old and new opera is shit.

>Why not chug a bottle of bleach?
Why not try making an argument?

>Why not try making an argument?
JavaScript is for websites, Vivaldi is nothing more than a Chromium web app.

I just use FF 47 bc fuck it.
and yeah, and i was trying to say when i asked people on the forum they said "why does it matter" pretty much

i dont know if that maybe i didnt delete a file extension somewhere but it did the same 3 times.

im waiting to see how FF does in august, they are supposed to release multiple processes and some anti fingerprinting features automatically built in.

Unless you're running on decade old hardware, I don't see why the complaints about resource usage matter. Chromium uses more RAM/CPU in order to maintain sandboxed tabs and keep the browser smooth as butter. Firefox uses more RAM/CPU because Mozilla are terrible coders whose browser uses almost as many resources as Chromium but performs several times worse.

but FF doesn't support unsigned extensions now.

Chromium or Firefox?

So you're saying we should just deem perfectly usable hardware obsolete because today's browser devs can't get their shit together?

I use chromium on gnu/Linux it's very nice.

which extensions haven't been converted over that are legit? I only have a handful of extensions anyway so I haven't really noticed any issues

forgot pic

>Edge
>A browser that has only been around for a year, and is completely broken, is better than Firefox
>Using Windows

Nobody could be this stupid

>Opera is literally the best again
>A Chinese botnet is the best

How's it going, Microsoft PR friend? You working late again?